How I did it:
Earlier this year, I had felt overwhelmed by a lot of things that I felt were beyond my control. I felt that I had no direction in my life, I was extremely unhappy, and my negative attitude and self-talk were making things worse.
My intention was to become unstuck and reduce stress.
I found my old college text book on managing stress and chose to take a suggestion from the epilogue of the book in creating my own stress management program.
Taking a lesson from the text book, I implemented a holistic approach to stress management.
1. I listed my stressors from most stressful to least stressful and identified what emotions I associated with them.
2. Wrote down one thing that I could do to find balance in several areas of my life.
3. Created a list of skills that I was currently using to reduce stress and a second list of skills that I would like to incorporate.
4. Made a list of the activities that I was doing to relax and another list of activities that I wanted to incorporate, such as hobbies that I wanted to do but haven't had a chance to try yet.
5. Made a list of reasonable goals that I want to achieve.
6. Exercised and meditated daily.
Read how I did it… 14 months ago