1. That early morning call that stated I didn’t have to work today!
2. Getting chores done as I was already up early.
3. Being able to go back to bed and catch up on sleep after I was done with everything.
4. All the tourists who took time out to help me fill out my surveys! Really got a lot done today! So helpful and friendly. Didn’t regret spending my Saturday in the airport.
5. Hearing all the wonderful compliments about Trinidad and Tobago and the fact that so many people are going to start planning their trip back for next year as soon as they reach home. Tourism is definitely not dying!...can’t believe these people do this every year.
6. My wonderful niece who gave up her evening to be with me in the airport! The support was much needed. She even got people to fill out surveys with her cute self.
7. Great evening laying in bed and just unwinding….being online…and relaxing.
8. Feeling accomplished and purpose-filled! Somehow my heart has tightened today (in a good way) and I feel ready to take on my many tasks again.
8 hours ago
want to try something new every month ...and this goal is done in clusters of three months so you don’t necessarily have to write about it each month. Doing something new is really fulfilling but a day can be stressful.
Hope you find a good middle ground for you and your “new” life. 10 hours ago
Frozen themed party
My god-daughter and her sister’s birthday were in January. On the 18th we held a joint birthday party for them, with the theme Disney’s Frozen. (Oh how I LOVE that movie). It was great to be a part of all the little children’s entertainment. I even got my face fainted. I’ve never thrown a children’s themed party before. It turned out great…we even had Frozen cake. :)
Went to Tobago for work like I usually do, however this time I went to different places. Every night we tried to go to a new spot to entertain ourselves.
- Jade Monkey was open and pumping…even on Monday. The person on the mic announced free drinks for a randomly selected table….after about 10 mins…he announced free shots for EVERYONE! Oh more drinking…more dancing…more enjoyment!
- Colours was a wonderful, quiet little spot that (as the name suggests) was very colourful. The owner came to personally have our order….and oh the pepper was delightful! Couldn’t have enough.
- La Cantina....a fabulous Italian pizzeria, which makes thin-crusted pizza in mud huts. With a really, nicely blended mojito…it was a terrific meal.
- House of Pancakes was incredible! After my morning run from the hotel to the beach, I took a 30 min swim at Store Bay then walked to this neat little place tucked away from the main road. The food was great. I loved the inclusion of so many “Caribbean” items. The birds came in to share our breakfast with us…and the staff was friendly.
11 hours ago
Ringing in the New Year
I brought in the new year with my friend from the office. From all the options, I’m glad I chose the retro party with her. People really dressed the part and the walls were decorated with vinyl records and crazy lights were all around. It was great, just dancing the night away…only pausing to watch the sky light up with fireworks!
It was great to do something new to ring in the new year! And from this I know hat this year would be great.
It is said Christmas ends on the January 6th, so my friends and I had a last Christmas visit to a friend’s house on Sat 4th. And…it turned into an out of this world time! She lives at the end of a street and all three houses came together to have a Parang session!
It was a real Trini parang…with the true essence of “paranging”. Parang music, Christmas food and no matter which house invited you, you could have gone to any house and get anything you wanted. I had a marvelous time! And we talked about it for weeks! The idea was a spectacular one….and I’ll definitely be back next year.
Sorrel ice cream
Sorrel is a plant and at Christmas we make a drink from the edible petals of it’s flower. Sorrel drink is a staple at Christmas…but in January whilst waiting for a client, I discovered Sorrel ice cream! It was delightful, and I’ve been having it every month since! It is sooo good.
11 hours ago
You seemed to have a wonderful day! 12 hours ago
...on your contract! Really awesome news! <3 18 hours ago
Necessity is the mother of invention ;) 18 hours ago
1. Uninterrupted sleep!
2. Late morning start as I tried to reach my clients, which meant I got more time for myself.
3. Sale on shoes!
4. Although the day started off really tough and frustrating, everything turned out alright in the end.
5. The wonderful guy who helped me with the necessary protocol to get a temporary pass at the airport to do my surveys.
6. Having a great evening catching up with my brother.
7. More Carnival photos and seeing our dance for Panorama via Youtube!
8. Delicious burger I’ve been craving.
1 day ago
I survived CARNIVAL! ... barely…but I did.
My ink went to paper as I started on my blueprints, although I was dealing with, recovering from and reliving Carnival!
Designed questionnaires for Carnival visitors and went to the airport and got some visitors to complete them. It was a really daunting task but the ones I did get was really helpful.
I also got a lead to gain access in the departure gates to question more visitors. Stayed in at the office and wrote some letters and sent off an email with all the necessary attachments to ensure I can get that temporary pass next week.
The ground work is going well. I’m going back to the airport this weekend and I’m hoping to put in more work.
My FB page has been updated everyday. Hoping to design my blog this weekend and start my first post.
I have to cancel starting dance and steel pan classes as I am working this weekend…and the remaining weekends of March I have class and a wedding! I’m upset but I made the decision so I can be successful in the other areas of life and not overbooking myself.
This week was okay for being the week after Carnival and no one actually does anything. I am tired but hoping to get some rest on Sunday and start my week fresh on Monday.
Photo Credit – Elise Romany1 day ago
I was wondering about that string…lol. It looked like part of the plan ;) 1 day ago
especially number 7….funny how the universe seems to work in your favour at times. 1 day ago
Congrats. Way to go! 3 days ago
I am definitely going to try to enjoy the journey. As cliche as the saying is…it really is true! 3 days ago
made me smile.
Pirates of the Caribbean….changing lives since 2003…lol. 3 days ago
but the progress is wonderful, although it may not be where you’d like to be.
Looking forward to more of your drawings. 3 days ago
1. Carnival Tuesday in T&T! Excitement is in the air! And although I got to bed at 5:00 am …. I was up by 7:00 am! No scene!
2. Getting time in my morning to respond to emails, catch a glimpse of the parade of the bands and catch up technology wise.
3. Dressing up in perfect island attire: shorts and breezy top for perfect island weather!
4. Being a part of the mas! Having the streets filled with colour, the atmosphere filled with exhiliration and the air filled with soca music!
5. So many tourists are here…seeing them enjoying the culture of Trinidad and Tobago!
6. “Bouncing up” many friends as they played mas.
7. Coconut water…straight from the coconut as I walked around the Queen’s Park Savannah and chipped to Soca!
8. The wonderful feel of my couch as I lay in recovery of the entire season. I survived Carnival and what a wonderful season it was!
4 days ago
1. Another late night into morning party…this time at a rooftop party filled with non-stop dancing.
2. Great hours of sleep. The Carnival tiredness finally caught up to me.
3. Wonderful hour in the shower, washing my hair. Felt so great to stand under the cold water in the amazing heat.
4. Internet connection.
5. Carnival celebrations continued as we chipped down the streets of Port of Spain to Steel pan music. Had a blast into wee hours of the morning. So great to see our national instrument on display in such magnitude.
4 days ago
I was almost certain of my word for 2014 since October. My difficulty came as I wanted the word “present” to represent three different things for me. However, after reading an article in my local newspaper I came over the word “mindfulness.
The article which headlined “Making a new kind of New Year’s Resolution” outlined some simple yet effective things we needed to change in 2014. One of them being “Stop multitasking”, under which they gave the definition of mindfulness as “a state of active, open attention on the present”.
This word indeed sums up everything
I need for 2014. With definitions which includes:
- paying attention on purpose.
- the quality or state of being conscious or aware of something.
- maintaining a moment-by-moment awareness of our thoughts, feelings, bodily sensations, and surrounding environment.
These definitions really illustrate what I need to do in 2014. In 2013, although I got alot done I spent most of my time thinking about unnecessary things. I became stressed by things that didn’t even happen as I live in anticipation. This year, I need to keep focused on my now. I will use my past experiences and lessons and consider my future plans but my focus will be on my present!
Mindfulness is definitely my 2014 word!
4 days ago
so gorgeous. I wish I had your talent. 4 days ago
After some time away I’m happy to rejoin the bootcamp challenge…and this month’s theme really does align with what is going on with my life at the moment. This month I need to keep it simple but put a lot of effort into my chosen areas.
March seems like January, as Carnival hasn’t given me the ability to have normalcy just yet. However, as soon as Ash Wednesday passes (and I hopefully survive Carnival) I need to regain a strict routine to obtain momentum on all the important aspects as well as the new additions such as volunteering.
My Blueprint goals for success for March are:
- Juicing and natural smoothies.
- Not skipping breakfast.
- Eating as much natural, healthy foods as possible.
- Exercise everyday…(running at least 3 x’s a week)
I’m so close to the end that I can envision myself crossing the graduation stage. However, the end is proving more difficult than the beginning. The work needed to do my thesis paper is a lot. My project proposal is due at the end of this month; so my goals are:
- Work on my paper every day.
- Read about Research methodologies every days and edit my paper daily.
- Make the necessary contacts for interviews for my paper.
- Update Business FB page every other day.
- Create 5 new t-shirt designs and upload them.
- Send postcards to print.
- Start blog and write at least two entries for March.
- Create a work plan for each month for the rest of the year.
- Get to work on time each day.
- Give myself an evening of relaxation each week.
- Open savings account.
- Maintain responsibilities from volunteering agencies.
5 days ago
She performed that…and a couple other songs she did for The Voice! She sounds just as amazing live!
The event was in an open air opposite the sea….so her voice carried in the air!...especially when she did Whitney’s “I have nothing”. All sorts of chivers and trills went up my spin. It truly was amazing.
I’m already having fun this Carnival. I’m so tired at the moment. Been going to parties every night this week! I think it’s a crime to have to come to work the week before Carnival lol. 1 week ago
That voice is amazing! And her spirit is so humble. She was in tears as the crowd chanted her name and cheered for her. Even after all her success. 1 week ago