1. Releasing my negative emotions about my body.
2. Being strong enough to write out this list (haha, sounds silly but when you’re depressed even 5 things can be a struggle)
3. Watching Million Dollar Listing. The best.
4. Being so productive in the last few days. Not thinking too much about it.. just plugging away.
5. Being able to buy lunch and groceries today. I’m so thankful for that. 2 days ago
1. Releasing my negative emotions about my body.
Too many people spend money they haven’t earned, to buy things they don’t want, to impress people they don’t like
-Will Smith 1 week ago
1. Getting 3 miles of walking in today
2. Not eating out today! woohoo
3. Taking a nice refreshing shower
4. Being inspired to organize things
5. A wonderful dinner with my dear friend this weekend.
Thank you God! I think I’m getting better. I’m not sure what is clicking, but I’m going to go with it. 2 weeks ago
1. A NEW month.
2. Getting back into working out.
3. A good review from my boss
4. A really good bbq chicken burrito from Protein Bar
5. Getting healthy groceries.. and seeing fresh produce… and getting back on track. 3 weeks ago
Happy Birthday!!!!! 4 weeks ago
1. The website dietbet! I think it might be just the motivation I need.
2. Getting some laundry done.
3. Ending my week-long fast food nightmare.
4. Groceries. I’m always thankful for food
5. My family. It only gets better and better. 4 weeks ago
1. The Voice. Some performances on this show really move me!
2. Watching Aly Raisman’s quest to gold documentary. Also really inspiring.
3. Joining a “Diet Bet”. I think it will motivate me to really eat healthier and get in shape
4. Getting a chance to paint my fingers and toes
5. A good talk with my mom
6. Being an American
7. Coming back to the realization that it is amazing to be American. The “helpers” throughout this week are what gives me hope for humanity. 4 weeks ago
2. Finishing Homeland. Great series!
3. Making a homemade dinner for myself of shell pasta with spinach, shallots, and other great things
4. Listening to some John Mayer
5. English breakfast tea 1 month ago
1. Catching up on some homeland lessons
2. A conversation with my mom that turned my mood around
3. I’m getting to a point where I really need to let things go, and I’m realizing it.
4. My hair. Although it’s falling out really quickly lately, I’m generally happy that it’s there.
5. Getting through at least one CPA lecture, and realizing that I just need to be gentle with myself. 1 month ago
1. Proud that I noticed myself wanting to discount the positive right now, but that I’m going to overcome it. I did a great job today.
2. Watching the real world
3. My friend defended me today!!! That feels so good
4. I ran today.
5. Yummy (free) Chinese food at lunch today. 1 month ago
Who is woman? She is the redeemed Life-giver, enlivened by the love of Christ and continuously renewed by Him as she nurtures others.
-Barbara Mouser 1 month ago
-Made my bed
-Put away dishes
-Washed dishes & blender 1 month ago
Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer;
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.
Surely some revelation is at hand;
Surely the Second Coming is at hand.
The Second Coming! Hardly are those words out
When a vast image out of Spiritus Mundi
Troubles my sight: a waste of desert sand;
A shape with lion body and the head of a man,
A gaze blank and pitiless as the sun,
Is moving its slow thighs, while all about it
Wind shadows of the indignant desert birds.
The darkness drops again but now I know
That twenty centuries of stony sleep
Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle,
And what rough beast, its hour come round at last,
Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born? 1 month ago
1. Chobani yogurts were on sale today
2. A wonderful person from South Carolina that was so easy to talk to over the phone at work today.
3. Unwinding with some super entertaining tv
4. Being able to get groceries.
5. A sleepy afternoon. Maybe I don’t have to be SO hard on myself, and things will fall into place more. 1 month ago
1. Everyone else’s entries really inspire me
2. Kind strangers I had to talk to over the phone with today at work
3. Free Greek food for lunch today
4. I know my values
5. I was contacted by two friends today. 1 month ago
ahhh perfect picture :)
we are all so much stronger than we realize. 1 month ago
1. Having a muchhhhh better day yesterday
2. Progressing with my CPA studies
3. Realizing that when I make my own food.. I definitely eat way healthier without trying. and it’s cheaper. win win win
4. My parents received some money from the sale of property that was in my extended family. It will help them pay their taxes and recover from the past few years! thank you God!
5. My uncle might be able to help me with my IT issues
6. My heart is not completely broken! I’m okay!!! 1 month ago
I’ve been down about the exam lately. Last month I failed Audit (again), and I am currently preparing for FAR in May. Although it is still pretty far ahead, I feel overwhelmed by the amount of material there is. I know I can do this, but I’m scared of the sacrifice it takes. I will NOT give up. I am going to begin waking up early (tomorrow) and fitting in 4 hours of study in each day. I know I can do this, and that I will be SO proud once I do it. 2 months ago
Mine are the night and morning,
The pits of air, the gulf of space,
The sportive sun, the gibbous moon,
The innumerable days.
I hid in the solar glory,
I am dumb in the pealing song,
I rest on the pitch of the torrent,
In slumber I am strong.
No numbers have counted my tallies,
No tribes my house can fill,
I sit by the shining Fount of Life,
And pour the deluge still;
And ever by delicate powers
Gathering along the centuries
From race on race the rarest flowers,
My wreath shall nothing miss.
And many a thousand summers
My apples ripened well,
And light from meliorating stars
With firmer glory fell.
I wrote the past in characters
Of rock and fire the scroll,
The building in the coral sea,
The planting of the coal.
And thefts from satellites and rings
And broken stars I drew,
And out of spent and aged things
I formed the world anew;
What time the gods kept carnival,
Tricked out in star and flower,
And in cramp elf and saurian forms
They swathed their too much power.
Time and Thought were my surveyors,
They laid their courses well,
They boiled the sea, and baked the layers
Or granite, marl, and shell.
But he, the man-child glorious,—
Where tarries he the while?
The rainbow shines his harbinger,
The sunset gleams his smile.
My boreal lights leap upward,
Forthright my planets roll,
And still the man-child is not born,
The summit of the whole.
Must time and tide forever run?
Will never my winds go sleep in the west?
Will never my wheels which whirl the sun
And satellites have rest?
Too much of donning and doffing,
Too slow the rainbow fades,
I weary of my robe of snow,
My leaves and my cascades;
I tire of globes and races,
Too long the game is played;
What without him is summer’s pomp,
Or winter’s frozen shade?
I travail in pain for him,
My creatures travail and wait;
His couriers come by squadrons,
He comes not to the gate.
Twice I have moulded an image,
And thrice outstretched my hand,
Made one of day, and one of night,
And one of the salt sea-sand.
One in a Judaean manger,
And one by Avon stream,
One over against the mouths of Nile,
And one in the Academe.
I moulded kings and saviours,
And bards o’er kings to rule;—
But fell the starry influence short,
The cup was never full.
Yet whirl the glowing wheels once more,
And mix the bowl again;
Seethe, fate! the ancient elements,
Heat, cold, wet, dry, and peace, and pain.
Let war and trade and creeds and song
Blend, ripen race on race,
The sunburnt world a man shall breed
Of all the zones, and countless days.
No ray is dimmed, no atom worn,
My oldest force is good as new,
And the fresh rose on yonder thorn
Gives back the bending heavens in dew. 2 months ago
1. Suggesting a movie to my family that they ended up really liking.
2. A free drink at starbucks today
3. My hairdye. Although I prefer going in to get my hair done, I think this dye really makes my hair look polished and for so little $
4. Getting excited about starting my blog! I think I’ve been yearning for a creative project.
5. Appreciating what’s in my pantry, fridge, and freezer.
6. The new cafe that is near my apartment. Indie music..nutella lattes…come on!
7. Not having to take work home with me this weekend
8. Getting a great amount of sleep 2 months ago
I guess it doesn’t really matter if this happens during the day or night, but I imagine it happening in the evening. I am going to dedicate myself to having a heavenly hour of total relaxation and self-care.
In this hour,
-Put on a face mask
-Listen to instrumental or otherwise soothing music
-Soak in the tub
-Paint my nails
-Dry brush my skin
-Reflect on positive intentions for the week
-Forgive myself fully for anything weighing on my mind
I will not:
-Look at my phone
-Think negatively about myself or my body
-Stress about the week ahead or overwhelm myself with my obligations 2 months ago
1. Jeggings! hahahaha
2. A wrap from my favorite sandwich shop
3. Going out tonight to listen to some live music
4. Nice new good smelling face and body products. Yum
5. Shark Tank 2 months ago
1. Getting SO much done during the day, and seeing myself make fewer and fewer mistakes
2. Pretty red sparkly nail polish
3. Getting organized. Makes me feel so peaceful
4. Giving myself a break.
5. Being strong and proactive 2 months ago
1. Realizing part of the reason I am having trouble working is my desk. TIME TO CLEAN IT!
2. A lovely client lunch today…it was fun connecting with other people
3. My pretty black dress
4. Happy people all around me.. baristas, cab drivers, waiters
5. Hope 2 months ago