I had forgotten this word, till it came out of me when writing recently… Superb.
What I really love about this word is remembering how the Indian adults in my life used to pronounce it when i was a child (and being fascinated by that):
“su-Pub” with a soft Indian “p”
:-) 1 month ago
and thanks Ms. Librarian, for your help! 1 month ago
- Peanut, a graphic novel by Ayun Halliday & Paul Hoppe
- The Slap by Christos Tsiolkas
- Does My Head Look Big In This? by Randa Abdel-fattah
- Texting the Underworld by Ellen Booraem
- Counting by Sevens by Holly Goldberg Sloan
there are more, there are more. have to remember them!
- Good Night, Gorilla by Peggy Rathmann
- Lemonade in Winter: A Book About Two Kids Counting Money
by Emily Jenkins, G. Brian Karas (Illustrator)
- Duck Sock Hop By Jane Kohuth 2 months ago
good to be connecting with you here again!
i’ll try to stick around this time… 2 months ago
1. Do Question one
2. Do Question two
3. Do Question three
4. Do question four 2 months ago
still working (as some of you Brits say, “slogging away”) at it…
the questions are just taking me forever. 2 months ago
thank you for asking! :-)
really like my colleagues at the new place! 3 months ago
and tomorrow i start work at a new branch within my library system. i really wanted this. have been asking for it for a while.
why then am i so anxious? 7 months ago
...and my apologies for such a belated response! 8 months ago
So cool to see you, K!
Great goals and entries!
Mwah 12 months ago
(... that way I have them all in one place)
These may or may not be in order. It depends on my somewhat swiss-cheesy mem’ry
- The Diviners by Libba Bray
- The Great Plan to Fix Everything by Uma Krishnaswami
- Every day by David Levithan
- Orleans by Sherri L. Smith
- Maya’s Notebook by Isabel Allende
- The Lucy Variations by Sara Zarr
- If You Find Me by Emily Murdoch
- Code Name Verity
- Daughter of smoke and bone by laini taylor
- Days of Blood and Starlight by Laini Taylor
- Amy Falls Down by Jincy Willett
- MaddAddam by Margaret Atwood
- A Tale for the Time Being by Ruth Ozeki
- When We Wake by Karen Healey
- Black Helicopters
- Eleanor and Park
- More Than This by Patrick Ness
- Boxers and Saints by Gene Luen Yang
- 19Q4 by Haruki Murakami (in progress) 13 months ago
courage to think through and write 16 months ago
“When you are inspired by some great purpose, some extraordinary project, all your thoughts break their bounds… and you discover yourself to be a greater person by far than you ever dreamed yourself to be.”
- Patanjali, physician and “founder” of yoga 16 months ago
Sweet thoughtful children’s book that will appeal to all bookish folks, regardless of age, but special appeal for those who grew up a bit shy and awkward and into books…. 16 months ago
Fun book for Austen lovers and anglophiles! 16 months ago
totally totally awesome film
18 months ago
am happy for you about this development!
yay! 19 months ago
64. Book (self explanatory)
65. hobbit 19 months ago
... for my mom….
now i have to save up to get one for me.
:-) 22 months ago