- A lovely walk with my friend J and then on to a super workout at the gym.
- The glorious weather we are having.
- Dexter. I just love this series.
- The fantastic ginger salmon stirfry I had for dinner last night. It rocked!
- Life is good. 11 hours ago
- A beautiful day for walking in the morning with my friend who is doing so well at losing weight.
- Couscous with apple and yoghurt for breakfast. Who would have thought?
- Week 3 of my 12WBT has been put up online. Thank you for the fun and excitement of planning next weeks meals.
- Dishwashers. I really really appreciate having a dishwasher in the kitchen.
- Dexter DVD’s to watch when there is nothing on TV.
- The generosity of the Universe. Thank you thank you for taking care of me. 1 day ago
- A wonderful nights sleep.
- A fantastic workout at the gym today. I felt sooo energised at the end of it.
- The Star Dogs coming for another visit :-)
- Beautiful morning walk and beautiful weather all day.
- Text chatting with my son. It’s nice to hear from him.
- For creating a silver lining in every cloud. 2 days ago
- An amazing 1.6kg weight loss in the first week of the 12WBT. Portion control has made all the difference.
- For helping to inspire someone on their weight loss journey.
- Getting things done.
- Good music.
- Frozen berry yoghurt. Yummy. 3 days ago
- A wonderful wonderful week.
- My friend J getting fantastic results from our walking together. She lost 3kg and is so excited.
- A callback by the Dr being nothing serious, just something we need to monitor.
- People starting to notice the change in my body shape. It’s so cool when I’m told I’ve lost weight and am looking slimmer.
- The Star Dogs paying a visit. Fast and Furious fun and a walk for them made them very happy. 4 days ago
- Volunteering to help with the Million Paws Walk. It was a glorious day and the turn out was really good. Lots of furry people of all shapes and sizes. So much fun!!
- Enjoying the rest day from the gym.
- A great text conversation with my son in NSW. He was at work but able to text between stations. It was nice to chat.
- A good night’s sleep and waking feeling refreshed.
- The joy of cooking. I love being in the kitchen, I truly do. Had a bit of a cook up for the 12WBT preparing some meals for the coming week and it was wonderful to be in the kitchen all afternoon. 5 days ago
- I won a meat tray in a raffle while I was at my friends birthday party last night!! How good is that?! I don’t eat much meat and there is about 4 months supply of meat there. Thank you thank you to the Universe for looking after me.
- A hard workout at the gym.
- Glorious early winter weather and a sensational walk with J in the afternoon.
- The Star Dogs were here and we had a great time playing Fast and Furious ball games.
- Unsolicited compliments from people telling me that I ‘look good’ which is lovely. 6 days ago
- My footy team winning the game last night! Go Broncos!
- A really good walk and positive interaction with J yesterday. She is starting to see results and is highly motivated to continue walking to lose weight. I am so happy that the light bulb is going on.
- A visit from L. We had a few laughs and while it was only quick, it was nice to catch up.
- A little win on the lotto that meant that I could get a small gift for a friend’s birthday tomorrow.
- The offer to have the Star Dogs tomorrow. Yay. I do enjoy having the fur kids come to visit. I might take them on the afternoon walk with J. 1 week ago
I had a lovely surprise in the mail the other day and I forgot to note it here. I was sent a $50 voucher from the Athlete’s Foot loyalty programme which is awesome as I was just thinking I might buy another pair of runners when I go back to work and have some money so now I can get $50 off. Thank you thank you. The Universe is always looking after me. 1 week ago
This is the second little lotto win I have had in May! $12.90 just enough to buy a ticket to put in a friend’s birthday card. The Universe looks after me. Thank you thank you 1 week ago
WOW! What an amazing week. Firstly it has been great doing the new exercise programme. My body is loving the different exercises and I am enjoying the challenge. Then there is the wonderful meal plan. Who would have thought 1200 calories a day would be so delicious?! Then there is the 1kg weight loss in the first week. Finally I have broken through the plateau and I am now below 82kg.
Signing up for this programme was a great thing to do. I am now truly motivated to get to my goal weight of 60kg no matter how many rounds of 12WBT it takes.
I am loving the recipes and having to measure and weigh everything has proven to be a BIG eye opener regarding my portion sizes. I now realise that while I have always eaten healthy food, I have just simply been eating too much.
I am feeling confident that by the end of the 12 weeks I will have a much better handle on how much should be on the plate. 1 week ago
- Finally breaking up the 3 shipping pallets that were in the garage. There is so much more room in there now.
- A hard ‘core’ workout at the gym.
- The most amazing Asian chicken soup for dinner last night.
- A fantastic night’s sleep. I feel so rested.
- A great end to the day snuggling under a rug watching the latest episode of Game of Thrones.
- An early night. 1 week ago
- The Star Dogs paying a visit. It was nice to have them around again.
- A good workout at the gym and seeing definite improvement.
- The June edition of my favourite foodie magazine has hit the stands :-) Happy happy!
- Walking with my friend J in the late afternoon. She is doing so well. I’m proud of her.
- I found a really nice jumper on special. Now I’m losing weight I’m starting to like clothes shopping. 1 week ago
- Losing 1kg on my first weekly weigh in with 12WBT :-) FINALLY I am under 82kg! It is definitely due to weighing and measuring my food intake. I eat healthy, but just eat too much.
- Dinner with J last night. What a lovely thing to do mid week.
- An awesome night’s sleep. So rested this morning.
- The peace of early morning.
- My love of food and cooking. J was watching me prepare dinner last night and commented “you are in your element”. Great words as I really do enjoy cooking for people. 1 week ago
- A nice easy day of rest and relaxation.
- Good food. We live in such abundance.
- A good night’s sleep.
- Dreams. Where would we be without them?
- Acceptance. So much better than fretting about what you cannot change. 1 week ago
- A wonderful nights sleep. So warm and cosy under the covers.
- Big Sunday breakfast with a friend.
- A good workout at the gym. Did the first day of the 12WBT as I will not be able to do a workout tomorrow which is the official “start 12WBT” day.
- A wonderfully long and loving conversation with my son for Mother’s day. 3 words spoken as he was saying goodbye that he has not said to me for many years “Love you too.” Boys…they just don’t express it sometimes and then when they do it’s like gold :-)
- My continuing good health and the improvements that are happening. 1 week ago
- A fantastic night’s sleep. I feel so refreshed.
- A wonderful present. I was given a SodaStream machine. I so love bubbles in water. Not so much the syrup as I’m not a sweet tooth, but I love being able to make fizzy water!
- A thoughtful text from someone saying they are thinking of me this mother’s day as my Mum passed away last year and this is my first year without her.
- A one kilo loss in weight. Been working hard at the gym this week and watching my diet.
- All the junk out the front of the house finally being collected and taken away. It looks so much neater and more welcoming now. 1 week ago
- A fanatastic workout on my upper body. I am definitely getting better at tricep pull downs. Yaaay.
- The fun of having a Dexa scan. Painless until you see your fat mass as a yellow outline on your body. The great news is that my lean muscle mass has increased. TAKE THAT Lipitor! I’ve grown back 8% of the muscle tissue you stole from me!
- Being mega excited about the start of the 12WBT.
- Going to the opening of a friends art gallery. It was a nice evening.
- Chamomile tea. I tried some last night when I got home and I slept like a baby. 2 weeks ago
- The return of the misplaced hoodie. I left my favourite hoodie at the gym the other day and it was still in the locker I used when I realised I had left it behind. Thank you thank you for the honesty of the gym members.
- The new Star Trek movie was awesome in 3D!
- We are in countdown to the start of the 12WBT and the meal, exercise plans and recipes have finally been released. Looks good.
- The vertical blinds being installed and ohhhh it is soooo cosy of an evening in the unit now that I can block out the cold, bleak double door size expanse of darkness. It looks and feels warmer.
- Seeing the Star Dogs again. I haven’t seen them for a week now and it was great to see them and have a game of Fast and Furious with them. 2 weeks ago
- A good cardio workout at the gym.
- A fantastic massage. Oh so nice to pamper myself.
- Finally getting my hair cut again. I was starting to look a bit shaggy dog.
- The vertical blind is being put installed tomorrow! I am excited!
- Crispy skinned salmon for dinner. It was divine.
- An awesome night’s sleep. So, so rested this morning. 2 weeks ago
I just saved $32 on some vitamins because I am doing the 12WBT and there was a special promotion on.
So good that the vitamins I take were all available from the website as I am getting a bit low on CoQ10 which is a really expensive one for me to buy.
Thank you thank you thank you. 2 weeks ago
I have a confession to make… I pimped the image off google, but the dip did look a lot like that.
Such an easy recipe too
1×440g can Baked Beans in tomato sauce.
2×440g cans Red Kidney beans drained.
1x large brown onion.
1 – 2 cloves of garlic.
1pkt Taco seasoning.
1 cup Cheddar cheese grated.
In a food processor blend the baked beans, kidney beans, onion, garlic and taco seasoning.
Transfer to a saucepan and heat through gently stirring often to prevent sticking to the bottom. When heated through remove from stove and stir in the cup of grated cheddar cheese. Leave a little cheddar for the top to decorate when you spoon into bowls.
Serve with carrot, celery, zucchini sticks and a few corn chips.
Add extra chilli if you like by mixing in some chopped jalapenos when mixing in the cheese. 2 weeks ago
- An early morning walk with J.
- A great unplanned upper body workout at the gym.
- Another episode of Game Of Thrones to download. Woo Hoo.
- Mexican bean dip for dinner. Yummy.
- I have been offered more work from 13th May. Thank you thank you.
- Star Trek movie opens tomorrow. Live long and prosper.
- A great episode of The Biggest Loser. My favourite team won a make over and WOW did they look awesome! Really inspiring to see the change in them. 2 weeks ago
- Keeping busy during the break from work.
- That I didn’t have to wait too long at the Dr’s to pick up my blood work order for my cholesterol check.
- Finding out that I have lost 7.5kg since I saw the Dr last year.
- Walking in a different place and with a friend. It was lovely to explore somewhere new.
- A fantastic night’s sleep.
- Having only 7 days to go until the start of the 12WBT. It’s exciting. 2 weeks ago
Yep, that’s right. Another little lotto win. $19.10 What can I say? I’m the luckiest person I know. 2 weeks ago
- A good workout at the gym.
- Clearing some more junk out of the ‘box room’.
- A fleeting visit from J and getting the car service organised for next week.
- A call from my son in NSW followed by a long text conversation sharing fun stuff.
- Fantastic roast fennel! I just love this vegetable ;-)
- Another little win on the lotto. 2 weeks ago
- Seeing my son for his birthday. We had coffee and a bit of a catch up. He is so busy these days, but it was nice to see him.
- Being able to make a point with someone about their behaviour and know that they saw something they hadn’t seen before.
- A wonderful cardio workout at the gym.
- An early night and luscious beautiful glorious sleep.
- Feeling fit and strong.
- That wonderful inner ‘knowing’ that my life is on track.
- Being happy despite the external circumstances. 2 weeks ago
- An easy day for the start of the work break.
- The beautiful autumnal weather we are having.
- My knee being so much better and being able to really crank it out on the spin bike.
- No food wastage this month.
- A movie treat. Went to the cinema and saw Oblivion.
- The joy of living. 3 weeks ago
- The lovely weather and being able to get the laundry dry.
- A super super phone chat with my ex-boss. He is doing well and is loving his new job. It was so good to hear from him again and banter a little.
- An easy last day of work on the project mopping up the final numbers. It was an extra day’s pay to be blessed with. Thank you thank you.
- For an invitation to a birthday celebration.
- For a wonderful, restful sleep and waking refreshed. Thank you thank you. 3 weeks ago
- An amazing cardio workout today. I bought some sparring gloves and boxed that punching bag for 20mins nonstop. That along with 60 mins combination of spin bike and treadmill and I felt great.
- For the wonderful lady at the watch repair who fixed the band on my watch. It was a difficult job as it’s not a standard band. Thank you thank you. I now have my ‘Crazy Watch’ to wear again.
- R popping around last night. We talked health and nutrition. She is so inspired and looks fantastic. We took some ‘before’ pictures of me for my 12WBT challenge.
- A fantastic night’s sleep. I woke today feeling rested and refreshed.
- Another episode of Game of Thrones Season 3 has downloaded!! Yaay.
- Looking forward to the vertical blinds being installed sometime in the next two weeks. 3 weeks ago