- I have paid off my car loan!! WOO HOO :-) One less debt to deal with. Thank you thank you.
- A change of routine in my gym workout. It was good to do something different.
- The quinoa salad I made to take to work. It was delicious.
- The look of disbelief on J’s face when they saw me for the first time in 3 months. They couldn’t believe how much my appearance has changed. LOL
- The Inherited One finally learning not to claw my eyeballs open at 5am asking for his biscuit bowl to be filled up. Love the furry creature to bits, but a claw swipe to the eyelids is not on!
- A TV programme that’s on at the moment about the events of the 80’s around the world and in Australia. Lots of ‘OMG I remember that’ moments :-) 3 months ago
- A good night’s sleep and waking feeling rested and refreshed.
- Spending time in the garden repairing the damaged sprinkler, measuring up for the veggie garden and working out the amount of timber I will need.
- Getting everything done and being able to go to the movies to see ‘Jobs’. Ashton Kutcher was perfect for the role of Steve Jobs.
- The Walking Iris in the pot by the front door has begun to flower. It looks beautiful.
- More glorious summer weather. I was in shorts all day yesterday :-) 3 months ago
- An amazing workout at the gym today. 6km run, 10km cycle and a 1 hour yoga class. Awesome :-)
- Finding some more lovely clothes that were on my ‘Things I need in my wardrobe’ list. Red pants! Wow :-)
- The beef cheek casserole I made for dinner which was awesomely delicious.
- Being so in tune with my body. Mindful eating saw me KNOWING I was getting full at lunchtime yesterday and so I left some of the chicken salad I was eating.
- Planning to spend a day in the garden tomorrow getting ready for the veggie patch. Yaaay! 3 months ago
There is one room in my little unit that needs a good de-clutter. Last year I finalised my storage unit in another state of the country and brought all the boxes here. I put them in the spare room, but over the past year they have be opened, ferreted through and left in a bit of a mess. In fact, it’s starting to look like something off that ‘Hoarders’ programme on TV ;-)
So I am making a commitment to getting the room sorted. I would like to get a bed in there at some stage so I can have friends and family visit, and the room being the way it is right now makes that impossible.
Also, somewhere deep in the bowels of the mess, there is a box that has my bush walking gear in it and as I am wanting to join a walking group, it’s a good idea that I find the stuff I need.
I love this journey and that I am constantly redefining my life and getting closer to a more simple lifestyle. 3 months ago
- Getting all the household chores done before going to work.
- The amazing summer weather that just keeps coming.
- A prod from the Universe about the old family home. There comes a time when you have to let some things go.
- A super good workout at the gym.
- A day off work tomorrow due to track work on the railway. It will be difficult to get to work so I have decided to take the day off and just relax in the garden.
- My wonderful little herb garden. It’s so nice to have fresh herbs to cook with. 3 months ago
OMGoodness. I had another little win $13.50 Thank you thank you. 3 months ago
- A wonderful night’s sleep. Feeling rested and refreshed.
- Figuring out how the timer on the oven works. The instruction booklet has been lost and it’s a weird oven, but I got it sorted. Yay!
- A good day at work.
- That tomorrow is Friday and I am looking forward to the weekend and going to dinner with J.
- A small win on my lottery ticket.
- Happy cats that purr loudly. Where does that sound come from? 3 months ago
It’s been a little while, but I checked my ticket yesterday and I had a little win $35.25
I bought a really nice tote bag for work with the proceeds. 3 months ago
- Another car park :-) Every day I ask and every day the Universe makes a space available for me. Thank you thank you.
- The Inherited One’s morning smooches while he performs love knots around my ankles asking for his cat biscuits. Affection all round.
- Planning activities for the summer break. This year I am going to make myself get out there more and see a bit of this wonderful city I live in.
- Finding a fantastic tote bag that works well for the gear I have to take to work. So much nicer than old supermarket bags. Thank you thank you :-)
- An organised and tidy house. It just feels great to come home to a tidy home. It has a sense of calm and peace about it. 3 months ago
- An easy day at work. All the interviews went well and some even ran under time. Awesome!
- Panko breadcrumbs. I’ve never used them before and they are wonderful. So crisp and crunchy!
- My friend J has returned from New Zealand. So good to know they are home safe and sound.
- Eating mindfully, knowing when my tummy is sending me the “I’m getting full.” signal and stopping.
- Another car park :-) Thank you thank you.
- A more efficient way of keeping track of my workouts.
- The AMAZING weather we continue to be blessed with. Everyone is saying summer is here and we skipped Spring. 3 months ago
Last week I weighed in at 68.9kg which means that I am now in the HEALTHY range of the BMI.
I feel fantastic. People at the gym have been complimenting me on the amazing transformation. Complete strangers have come up to me saying “I’ve seen you working out and I just have to say you have changed so much and you look fantastic. Well done.”
I love shopping for clothes! Now THAT is a transformation. I love that I can buy off the rack at size 12 and everything fits. I love that I feel fit and strong. I love that I look and feel the best I have ever been.
My new mantra? Fit and Fabulous! 3 months ago
- A nice Monday BBQ lunch and catch up with The Buff One again. TBO’s weekends are busy so we have decided doing lunch before I go to work is a better option.
- The good news that work will continue after this project. We were looking at a 5 month layoff but it will only be around 1-2 weeks then there are some BIG projects in the pipeline with a major one running from Jan 14 right through to July. Thank you thank you :-)
- An unknown gym member tapping me on the shoulder while I was working out because they wanted to tell me how great I am looking :-) Fantastic encouragement that all the hard work has paid off.
- Another car parking space in a full car park at the train station. I love the provision of the Universe :-)
- Feeling fit and looking fabulous. 3 months ago
- Another Sunday of getting things done and feeling very satisfied with what I have achieved.
- An amazing meal of steamed fish and Asian greens for dinner last night. It was so good.
- The fantastic weather we had yesterday 25 degrees and wonderful.
- The TV programme Australia’s Got Talent. Not my usual thing but I am quite enjoying it. There are such gifted people out there.
- Not one, not two but THREE long telephone chats with various family and friends. Seems everyone wanted to touch base yesterday which was nice :-)
- A little more clothes shopping. 2 items. The “things I need in my summer wardrobe” list is nearly finished.
- Running into two people who have not seen me for about 6 months, enjoying their expressions when they saw how much weight I have lost and how fantastic I look. It was the best feeling! 3 months ago
- An easy day at work and that I chose to leave a half an hour early so I could go for a run at the gym.
- A great 5km run that I really enjoyed. It feels so good to be so fit :-)
- An AMAZING lamb burger at one of the best hamburger joints in town, before going to the movies.
- The movie Now You See Me which was so wonderfully entertaining. I love magic!
- Going to bed feeling that I have had a really good day and with a heart full of gratitude for all the blessings in my life.
- A wonderful night’s sleep. 3 months ago
Today I found a Tommy Hilfiger jumper on special for 35% off and it fits! OMGoodness! Never in my life have I had a figure that could wear Tommy Hilfiger and now I have this beautiful jumper that looks sensational.
Thank you to the Universe for taking me into that store, making me reject a T shirt I was thinking of buying and then finding this beautiful piece of clothing.
Thanks too for the 35% discount that made it affordable :-) 3 months ago
- The chilly mornings have returned and my hands cuddle my coffee mug and are made warm by the heat as I contemplate 5 gratitudes from the day before. There is a sense of ritual and I am grateful for this because my days feel better for giving thanks.
- The wonderful beef satay salad I made to take to work for dinner. It was delicious.
- Another bargain top. I found a Tommy Hilfiger jumper on sale! Not only does it fit me beautifully but I saved $34! Thank you thank you :-)
- The mortgage documents arriving. Hellooooo lower interest rate :-)
- A good workout at the gym. The new split programme is working well and I’m finding it less tiring than the previous programme. 3 months ago
- Chilly mornings again. They make me appreciate my warm bed :-)
- Sleeping so well this past couple of weeks. A mug of warm milk before going to bed really is doing the trick.
- Text banter with my son. Lots of LOL’s :-)
- Catching the earlier train again last night. Yaay. Home and snug with no waiting.
- Doing my daily gratitudes. I like being consciously aware that every day is filled with good things. 3 months ago
- The next project running on from the current one. This means no down time and a regular income. Thank you thank you.
- Being able to catch the early train and getting home before 8:30. It’s nice to feel I have spent time ‘at home’ before going to bed.
- Plans for a vegetable garden :-)
- My favourite breakfast of porridge with sliced banana, walnuts and maple syrup. YUM! :-)
- Feeling at peace with my life. 3 months ago
- Another car parking space in a completely full car park. Someone pulled out as I drove in. Thank you thank you :-)
- The re-financing of the home loan has been approved in only 24 hours and at a hugely much better rate! Thank you thank you.
- A really nice lunch date with The Buff One.
- My weight continuing to drop. Weigh in day and I lost another 1.5kg this week! I am now officially in the HEALTHY weight range of the BMI :-) Yaaay! Celebration time!
- Getting things done. Everyday before I leave for work the bed is made, the house is tidy, the laundry is hung and things are up to date. It feels so good to just get things done every day. 3 months ago
- Weather that continues to be so fantastic.
- Using all the leftovers in the fridge and not being wasteful when it comes to food.
- Trying new recipes from the magazine my son subscribed me to for my birthday. Sesame and chia seed crusted salmon fillet. YUM :-)
- Another good night’s sleep and waking to an early morning chorus from the birds.
- That life is finding it’s rhythm again and I feel that I am moving in the right direction. 3 months ago
- A wonderful productive and relaxing Sunday.
- Getting all the housework done and having time to relax and enjoy the afternoon.
- A pleasant afternoon in the garden, enjoying the plants, reading and soaking up the beautiful weather.
- Two long phone chats with the kiddlings. It’s nice that they stay in touch.
- A lovely chat with J.
- All the WOW comments on my FB page when I posted the ‘before’ and ‘after’ pics of my 30kg weight loss :-)
- A fantastic night’s sleep, waking feeling rested and refreshed. Thank you thank you. 3 months ago
- Being organised and having routines. Life just seems so much easier when you know where things are and when chores are up to date.
- Running for the train and making it! It made me realise how fit I am :-)
- The amazing wasabi yoghurt dressing I made for the beef salad I took to work. WOW!...that cleared the sinuses! LOL :-)
- The local DVD hire store. I hired Silver Linings Playbook and quite enjoyed it.
- Coming home from work and going for a 5km run. It made me feel good.
- That The Inherited One (family cat) has settled in and is such a big smooch puss. It’s nice to have company. 3 months ago
- Getting my finances in order.
- A fantastic night’s sleep.
- My footy team winning the game and still being in the running to make the finals. Yay go team! :-)
- The new book I am reading. It’s already quite entertaining and after two difficult reads I’m hopeful that this one will be a ‘good read’.
- A surprisingly good Thai Beef salad from the food court in town. 3 months ago
- The $20 per month discount that the receptionist at the gym gave me when I enquired about renewal. Thank you thank you.
- The amazing weather we are having. It really does have a positive effect on people when the days are warm and sunny. Smiles everywhere when I walk through town. People look happy :-)
- The Universe supporting me in so many ways. Thank you thank you.
- A visit from the Star Dogs. So much fun when they come to see me.
- Appreciating my good health.
- The project at work that is such a pleasure to work on. 3 months ago
This one has been hanging around for about 15 years waiting for me to read it. I was a little disappointed. Looking forward to my next book. The Buff One has passed on a Russion author. Should be interesting. 4 months ago
I came out of contract with my gym today and when I enquired about my membership the girl at the counter reduced my membership cost by $5 per week and said that I didn’t have to go back into a contracted period in order to get the discount either!
Wow, I am soooo grateful. What a bonus to be saving $20 a month at such a fantastic gym.
The Universe continues to support me :-) 4 months ago
I was ruthless on the weekend!
The new clothes I have bought are wonderful and I love dressing nicely.
I spent time trying on all the old shirts in my wardrobe and as much as it broke my heart, I put everything that did not fit properly in a pile for the goodwill. Some things were brand new, never been worn, bought with “when I lose 5kg” in mind. Well, I have lost 28kg and they hang on me like a sack. Not a good look. They had to go.
My wardrobe is now a lot thinner too!
While I was doing all this, it occurred to me that a lot of the things had never been worn because I had too much and never really knew what I could and couldn’t fit into so I just used to wear a few things that were tried and trusted and conveniently to hand, easy to get to and looked OK.
I was appalled at the waste. A wardrobe full of clothes that had not been properly appreciated and enjoyed.
So I decided that from now on I will choose the night before, what I will wear the next day. I will wear every piece of clothing in my new slim wardrobe. I will wear and enjoy all my clothes.
Never again will I just ‘collect’ clothes. 4 months ago
- A wonderful midweek day off. So relaxing. BBQ lunch with The Buff One, good conversation, lots of laughter.
- A good workout at the gym.
- Another de-clutter of the wardrobe. I was absolutely ruthless this time and anything that didn’t fit well has been put aside for the goodwill. It was difficult because some things had hardly been worn and were practically brand new, but it had to be done.
- My gecko patterned Happy Pants. So comfy to hang around in.
- Starting a new book. I’m glad I am getting back into reading again. 4 months ago
- A really easy day at work. The interviews all went well and the time just flew.
- I found a really lovely black shirt to replace the one that is now too big for me.
- New friendships and regaining confidence in my communication skills.
- Clean sheets.
- The jeweler taking 2 links off my watch band and not charging me. Thank you thank you.
- Tomorrow is a public holiday (Ekka Showday). We don’t get paid but it will be nice to have a day off in the middle of the week. :-) 4 months ago
- Wonderful wonderful sleep. The mug of warm milk before going to bed seems to be working a treat. I’ve had 5 nights of good sleep and that’s about as long as I have been having warm milk at bedtime.
- Waking up before 5am and listening to the birdsong. My body is going into it’s summer rhythms.
- Sharing the joy :-)
- Looking forward to my gym workouts every day. I really do love going and the results are definitely there.
- The promise of summer. The days are lovely and warm, the sky is blue, the garden is starting to have a growth spurt. Everything is greening up, putting out new shoots and flowers. The Walking Iris in the pot near the front door is getting ready to produce it’s first flowers this year. Life energy is all around us and about to burst forth and sing! 4 months ago