Double cheer to you. 2 hours ago
- Another warm day before it turns cold again.
- Glad to get back to work. Sometimes I enjoy my job too much.
- Paige showed us she could count to 100 all by herself after I bet she couldn’t. I promised I’d buy her a book at her school’s book fair if she could. I love losing bets like that.
- Terriaki stir-fry for dinner.
- George had a good day. 2 hours ago
It is often amazing how different everything looks in a black&white photo then in color. It was actually very bright and sun shiny but the clouds in the photo make it look more overcast and grey when not in color. That’s the point. 3 hours ago
I wasn’t impressed by the kid playing the step or foster child, either. His relationship to Jennifer Connelly wasn’t fully explained. She wasn’t his mom but really wasn’t his stepmom. Yes, he was a surly kid who obviously didn’t want to be where he was which might have been in that movie to begin with. I put part of the bad acting down to a poor script. 1 day ago
- The weather, the weather, the weather. It seemed so Springlike except for the lack of new growth.
- I took a vacation day off to take my daughter to the dentist. She had to have two teeth pulled but the copay was only $30.
- We finally got our taxes done. It will be good to get that refund.
- Paige showing off her talent in chalk art.
- I watched Resurrection and Hannibal which I had recorded on the DVR. I like it that I can skip thru commercials. 1 day ago
Those are health food. You got your dark chocolate which has important antioxidants In fact, a double dose with the cherries. Then you have your almonds which are almost a whole food group by themselves. Protein, fat, fiber, magnesium, copper, riboflavin and several other vitamins ansd minerals. So try again.
The next time you have your cholesterol checked and your doctor is amazed on how great it is, blame it on the almonds. 1 day ago
Sometimes I think they should forget the cookie and just sell me the stuff. 1 day ago
Winter should be over. 1 day ago
Granddaughter Paige and I decided to experiment making a rainbow cake. It came out a little flat after she insisted on tasting each colored batter. I think she was disappointed that each color didn’t have its own flavor. It also came out looking more mosaic or tie-dyed. Maybe I should edit the list. 1 day ago
But I’ll settle for Spring if it ever gets here.
You may already know that my least favorite time of year is the dead of Winter. 1 day ago
What’s your favourite type of pastry dish, cake or freshly baked delight? Usually it is whatever is currently in the kitchen. Right now, I have a sheet cake with white icing I baked with my granddaughter yesterday where we did some experimenting with food coloring.”
When did you last eat it? *Last night.
How often do you tend to buy it? I made it from a cake mix so I guess I’ll buy another soon as we plan to bake one for Easter. Maybe next time it will by a bundt cake.
How much does it cost? Including canned frosting (yes, I cheated that way, too), 3 eggs, oil, and water, the cake cost less then 3 dollars to make unless I include the food coloring which I already had on hand.
Have you ever made it yourself? yes
Did you know what a hot crumpet is? We use to get them from a bakery when I was a kid living in California. I don’t really know if they were the same as what the British call a crumpet but no one here ever heard of them when we moved here.1 day ago
Now, if the beer were actually blue, that would be something. 2 days ago
- Only had to work until noon Saturday
- Paige spent Saturday night and we experimented with food coloring in baking a cake.
- Jessica and Nick dropped in Saturday evening.
- Spent a lazy Sunday morning.
- Warmer weather is finally here and promising to stay awhile. 2 days ago
“Bless me Father, for I have sinned. I have been with a loose girl.”
The priest asks, “Is that you, little Joey Pagano?”
“Yes, Father, it is.”
“And who was the girl you were with?”
“I can’t tell you, Father. I don’t want to ruin her reputation.”
“Well, Joey, I’m sure to find out her name sooner or later so you may as well tell me now. Was it Tina Minetti?”
“I cannot say.”
“Was it Teresa Mazzarelli?”
“I’ll never tell.”
“Was it Nina Capelli?”
“I’m sorry, but I cannot name her.”
“Was it Cathy Piriano?”
“My lips are sealed.”
“Was it Rosa DiAngelo, then?”
“Please, Father! I cannot tell you.”
The priest sighs in frustration. “You’re very tight lipped, and I admire that. But you’ve sinned and have to atone. You cannot be an altar boy now for 4 months. Now you go and behave yourself.”
Joey walks back to his pew, and his friend Franco slides over and whispers, “What’d you get?”
“Four months vacation and five good leads…” 2 days ago
What is your favourite comedy TV show? The Big Bang Theory.
Who is your favourite stand-up comedian? Dave Chappell.
Link to a funny video you’ve seen online? One somone sent to me this morning Guilty dogs It’s more cute then funny.
I don’t have a favorite joke except the one about two guys ran into a bar. They need to start looking where they are going. 3 days ago
Do you playing games online? Which ones? Not really.
Do you like playing games on your mobile (cell) phone? Which ones? I use to play Tetrus on my old phone. It went belly up with the phone died. I never bought any games for my current phone.
Do you like video games? Which do you like? *Years ago, my brother operated a video game place. I got hooked on Space Invaders. I generally stay away from them.
What consoles do you have, if any? We use to have one of the first Nintendos and a PS2 which we sold at a yard sale years ago.
Do you play computer games? Sometime.
Would you classify yourself as a gamer? No.
What’s the last game you played? Flappy Bird on a coworker’s phone.3 days ago
My mom smoked thru each and every pregnancy. It was the 1950s after all. But don’t feel bad. By the time my daughter was born shehad quit smoking and had a fit whenever anyone smoked inside the house. 3 days ago
I also usually only post memes about the weather, work, and coffee on Facebook. When my husband was very sick with cancer many family members encouraged me to post updates through Facebook. I quit doing that after awhile when it got tedious and worried it was just advertising an empty house. My daughter seems to not understand that posting her personal opinions or trouble as a status often invited unwelcome comments. I may click like if I agree but I find it better not to comment at all if I don’t agree. Most people don’t want your opinion if you don’t agree with them. They are only interested in how many likes they can get. When posting political views, the most extreme whether right or left the less tolerable people are of opinions not mirroring their own. 3 days ago
- Springlike weather. Although I didn’t get a chance to spend much time outside, I know it was there.
- We had our dinner at work for Kim.
- I scheduled Monday off to take my daughter to her dental appt. and have made double sure she is covered under Cobra since Medicaid does not cover dental. I’ll still have to make arrangements to pay what isn’t covered.
- Self indulgence. I made an impulsive buy and picked up a copy of Divergent by Veronica Roth.
- Love of books. I’m thinking of donating my books to our facility’s library as I read them. That’s how I get many of my own reads. 4 days ago
Yes, I admit I couldn’t resist sneaking this photo in. One Fish Two Fish, Red Fish Blue Fish is after all a Dr. Suess book and his birthday is March 2. Like millions of school children across the world, my granddaughter celebrated his birthday along with her classmates with a little green eggs and ham and dressed up like The Cat In The Hat. 4 days ago
- I dropped my cell phone in the car and didn’t find it for two days. It had worked it’s way under the floor mat in the back seat. It was refreshing not having it.
- We didn’t get nearly as much snow here as forecast on Sunday. and most of the ice stayed South.
- The horrible single digits cold was brief. I think spring is finally making its way here.
- We decided to make Orangy our outside cat. Once the weather warmed up a little, it was an easy decision of both humans and felines. Orangy just thought too much outside the box.
- A busy week at work.
- Planning a surprise going away party for the superintendent of our department. I’m bringing the plates and cutlery. They are black.
- I brought Paige home last night to spend the night. She helped me make stroganoff for dinner. She cleaned her plate as well.
- I may have to work Saturday but I can use the overtime. 5 days ago
That’s the way it was here. Schools always served fish sticks or tuna noodle casserole for lunch in schools on Friday. 6 days ago
If you could rename yourself, what name would you pick? *My first choice would be my middle name Diane. I always liked it better and often wished it was my first name at the beginning. Other names I’ve always been fond of are:
- Rachel (I named my daughter that)
- Catherine (My grandmother’s middle name)
- Isabel (A great Aunt’s name on one side and a great grandmother’s name on the other. When my granddaughter was born, I suggested it as a middle name. My daughter actually wanted the name Esperanza but Paige’s paternal grandfather protested because it was too Hispanic.)
- Miranda 6 days ago
My husband was raised a catholic and I’m sure his childhood was spent observing Lent and doing the fish on Friday thing. I remember when my father in law died it was during Lent and the church ladies served a meal after the service and the main course was pimento cheese sandwiches. 6 days ago
Strangely enough, I probably know more about Mexican history then Canadian history and that’s limited to mostly to the territorial disputes between the United States and Mexico. I have not idea who or what the Louis Riel rebellion is. 6 days ago
I grew up in the 60s & 70s and discussion of the cold war was a big topic both in school and around dinner tables. It’s been too long but I wrote a paper about the final years of the last czar and the Russian revolution and Lenin’s coming into power. I took comtemporary issues class in high school and our teacher was always bringing up subjects about NATO and the Salt treaties.
I do know that Putin was in the KGB in the former Soviet Union and would probably like a return to the old regime. There are still people out there who remember the Russian tanks rolling into Poland and Czechoslovakia in the 1950s (before my time).
I think it is very important to teach the history and current events of other countries to our children in school. This way they know what is really going on. 1 week ago
I didn’t know it was pancake day. Paige asked for waffles. She might have been told it at school.
I like them anyway but fresh blueberries is always a plus in or on pancakes. Also syrup. 1 week ago
I’d watched the tale end of this movie several months back and my husband decided to record it for me last weekend. Two things that surprised me were that it was produced by Disney and the fact that it was based on works by Edgar Rice Burroughs the same writer who created Tarzan. It was really worth watching and if I ever get the chance, I’d like to see it in 3D. 1 week ago
Do you think you’re a good person? For the most part.
Are you honest? maybe too much so
polite? A truly honest person has trouble being polite. That when I’m quiet because when I cant say anything nice (because it would be a lie) I find myself not saying anything at all.
sincere? I make it a point not to make promises I know I cant keep so when I say I;ll do something, I’m mostly sincere (unless my goldfish memory comes into play)
generous? Not if it involves chocolate.
charitable? Sometimes but not always.
greedy? I can be.
selfish? I like to keep what’s mine.
decent? I do believe some things belong behind closed doors between consenting adults.
faithful? Yes, but flirty. I am not blind.
a bitch/b’stard? Sometimes I just turn off the filters in my frontal lobes and allow whatever wants to escape my lips out. You don’t want to get on my bad side when that happens.
Would you want to know yourself if you were someone else? Of course, I’d be just like the most interesting man in the world except I’d be a woman.1 week ago