I’m taking George for his first follow up appt. today since his release from the hospital two weeks ago. 15 hours ago
See this Link Are we really raising our children this way?
If you were a teacher would you allow this to happen? 1 day ago
I made waffles for hubby and me. Lots of butter and syrup.
this morning it will probably be maple & brown sugar oatmeal. 1 day ago
Do you think it really got stale or just too many repeated themes?
Can anyone come up with some new ideas or themes for a July photo scavenger hunt? (It’s a little late for JUne).
Who would be interested in joining if they were recontinued?
Personally, even when I wasn’t participating, I enjoyed the photos posted from around the world. 1 day ago
Did you send her your health care directive and a power of attorney as well? 1 day ago
1. Michael Jackson — “You Are Not Alone” (September 2, 1995)
2. Whitney Houston — “Exhale (Shoop Shoop)” (November 25, 1995)
3. Mariah Carey — “Honey” (September 13, 1997)
4. Céline Dion — “My Heart Will Go On” (February 28, 1998)
5. Elton John — “Candle in the Wind 1997” (October 11, 1997)
Now name 5 famous actresses/pin up girls from the 1940s and 1950s besides Marylin Monroe. 2 days ago
I’d find a good book to read and maybe use our gas fireplace for the first time. I could look outside and imagine it being the middle of June with the temperatures being around 90 F and the humidity being equally high or higher and dream that the horrible snow was a nice cooling summery shower that helps turn everything green.
Of course, with the freakish weather we’ve had over the last year, it doesn’t take that much imagination. We had 5 inches of snow here on May 2 following highs in the 90s in the same week. We have experienced yo-yo temperatures in the 40s to 90s F the first 2 weeks of June.
It is suppose to be in the mid 80s today with 90% humidity. I think it could be actually a frigid day in December and the weather outside is made up. 2 days ago
I like just about all kinds of movies. 2 days ago
•What would you do if the internet disappeared? I’d go back to doing other stuff I did before it showed up in the first place.
•How many people would you still be able to contact? I don’t know. Anyone who I met online might be lost.
•How would you fill the hole its disappearance would leave? Read books and magazines more. Get out and do the stuff I’m always saying I don’t have time to do now.2 days ago
1. Would you prefer to be swimming in the ocean on a day you should be working, or just go to work and procrastinate that beach day for months? Unfortunately, the latter. I haven’t even been to the ocean in 18 years.
2. I have a purple box. What’s in it? I don’t know. It’s your box. You tell me.
3. If you had to drink only one thing for a month, what would that be? Water.
4. Last book you actually read? The Host by Stephanie Meyer
5. Last movie you watched? Pratical Magic2 days ago
Yet another fine fact floating around the web. 3 days ago
1. Whenever I would go thru the McDonald’s drive-thru (and this is less then 1/2 mile from where I lived), something would be missing or wrong nearly everytime. There isn’t anything more annoying to get home and find part of the order missing or wrong and having to come back. It got to the point where I would simply call them and they would tell me I could either come back then or tell them the next time I ordered. I finally started going thru the bags counting everything. I know that’s annoying to those waiting behind me. Occassionlly, I would get home with an extra fries or burger. I woud have liked to call McDonalds and tell them to send someone over to pick up the extra food if I knew they were required to.
2. I hate it when there is a promotion going on and you get to the counter to order and the next thing you know the fastfood employee greets you with “Good (morning/afternoon/evening), would you like our new cheesy bread sticks with your order? They are only 99 cents or free when you order 2 or more entres…and so on and so on….”. By the time they actually let me speak I’ve forgotten what we came in for. I remember stopping at one fastfood place while on vacation. It was having an oj promotion and every other word out of the cashier’s mouth was ‘Orange juice”. It might have be a contest who could sell more of it. All I know was I was glad I never had to eat there again and I hardly ever order oj in restaurants anymore because of it. 3 days ago
Just add whatever comes to mind.
The strawberries are from my garden. I’ve been picking about 2 pints almost everyday for the last 2 weeks. This has nothing to do with the questions. I’m just bragging. 3 days ago
The Right Stuff 3 days ago
Okay. 4 days ago
The IRS employees are just like anyone else. Had this happened in the private sector, no one would have cared as long as the shareholders were making a profit unless, of course, it involved one of the big corporations that received a bail out by the government. Then, of course, the IRS would be sticking their noses into their business questioning if these things are valid deductibles. 4 days ago
So…. Hubby has been out of the hospital for over a week and the news about it spread like wildfire the first day or two. The day after he was out I had to stop at the pharmacy and it seemed everyone there knew it. There were lots of wellwishes and ‘let me know if either one of you needs anythings’. 4 days ago
..while working in the tech service dept where I work. While most have been good supervisers, others have done some really annoying things that have caused lots of turmoil or disharmony in our dept. . I have had a superviser or two that I really think were psycho. My current superviser is a nice guy and knowledgeable but tries too hard to be likeable and one of the gang. I think the one thing that stands out as annoying is when we had a down day scheduled in one of the production depts. and I shouldn’t have had to come in because of my seniority but he told a junior person he didn’t have to come in and scheduled me to work because he knew I needed the money. I actually had some things to do outside of work and was happy with the thought of getting them done without asking about taking off early. I didn’t find out about it until the end of my shift and the other person was gone. I told him not to ever let that f**king happen again! I reminded him we were part of the union and senior may, junior must and he ought to read our union agreement before letting someone off like that. 4 days ago
According to the US government, in order to be recognized as pimento cheese spread, it can only contain one vegetable: pimento. All other spreads out there parading to be pimento cheese that contain other veggies like onions, etc. are not considered pimento cheese. I’m so happy my taxpayers’ dollars are finally being used for something worthwhile.
I hope the US government doesn’t ever choose to stick it’s nose into barbeque. 4 days ago
Yet another barn on highway 240. Photo taken the same day as the previous one. 4 days ago
This one was complete with a sign or plaque set up by the Tourism counsel in Boonslick, Missouri. I believe Boonslick is the last home of frontiersman and adventurer Daniel Boone before he died. 4 days ago
Another barn I stopped to photograph with my cell phone while travelling to see my hubby in the hospital. 4 days ago
My daughter alerted me of it with a text message during the first episode. Unfortunately, I was at the hospital with my husband and missed it. I cant remember if I ever got the watch it but have watched successive episodes on my laptop and DVR. It is one of the few shows I’m recording on our DVR right now. I missed last week’s episode which Hubby accidently deleted it thinking it was the Anthony Hopkin’s version. I’m watching last night’s episode right now. 4 days ago
As long as it is only for your glaucoma. 4 days ago
I like buying products based on their own merrit. For instance, I know my biscotti spread comes from Belgium. I’m willing to buy toothpaste made in Canada or Mexico. I have a pair of Doc Martins shoes (made in England). But the last time I went shoe shopping, all the Doc Martins I saw were made in China. I get tired of products coming from third world countries just because the labor is cheap. 5 days ago
Just so long as you’re treated as a volunteer when you are mean to volunteer and paid when you are not volunteering. If you are coming in to cover days she cant be there, are you going to be paid? 5 days ago
But it has it’s advantages. 5 days ago
The hospital cafeteria offers all kinds of good food for the price. The breakfast menu offers breakfast burritos that are incredible as well as the usual breakfast menu. Fresh bluberries or blackberries are available for pancakes. The lunch menu is equally good. Unfortunately, the cafeteria is only open from 6:30 AM to 2 PM on week days and closed on weekends. However, they also feature a restaurant in the hospital as well that serves health conscience items and an alternative vegetarian menu. It has extended hours and even opens up for the graveyard shift from midnight to 2 AM. 5 days ago