Put Crime Scene: Do Not Crosstape across their driveway or doorway. Maybe even make a chalk outline where a ‘body’ was found on their property. Of course, yours would have to be in Dutch. 1 hour ago
- I worked half a day and took George in for his Ct scan.
- Although there are definitely 2 small masses on George’s remaing lung, both he and the oncologist are optimistic.
- Eating at our favorite Chinese restaurant in Columbia. Cheesy crabmeat. An interesting dish. I always try something new each trip.
- Paige is going to start spending every Wednesday after school with her dad.
- Visiting friends. 1 hour ago
Paige finally made it to the top. 17 hours ago
I think this is it. All I heard were squeals of laughter while watching my granddaughter play. 17 hours ago
- Renters called and left a voicemail on my phone. The rent check is ready.
- Called the utilities and asked to have the water turned on at our other rental house. Found no broken pipes.
- Picked up Paige and we headed for the kiddie park. So, apparently, did everyone else. Must be the weather.
- Ice cream
- Watched Fargo while Paige took her bath. Funny.
- Our kitten has really settled in. We all finally settled on a name we all agree on: Ninja. Her antics are hilarious. 17 hours ago
And it is an uphill battle with the husband to do it.
Last year, April 15 was on a Monday and we either filed then or on the Friday before. This year I kept urging him to let me make an appointment with H & R Block in early February whenever I got my w2. He wasn’t up to it and kept telling me to go ahead and use his power of attorney. If I had, I would have found out that I could have claimed our granddaughter even though she was in school and now lived in a different school district because she spent at least 50% of the time in our household in 2013.
My daughter is receiving disability and didn’t have to file. Paige’s dad tried to claim her but because he is so far in arrears in child support, his effort was blocked. So I unwittingly urged my daughter’s boyfriend to claim Paige as a dependent thinking he would get the same credits for it as we would have. It turned out he couldn’t claim her as a qualifying child because they are unrelated so he didn’t receive credit for it and only got a small portion of what we could have gotten had we claimed her. He filed his taxes claiming her before we did so we couldn’t claim her anyway when the accountant told what we could have gotten back as a refund had we claimed her. Nobody benefitted from it but the governemnet. The IRS made out like a bandit because of it. 1 day ago
I figured if I haven’t read it, it shouldn’t make my list. 1 day ago
- I filled in for a coworker on vacation and it was a relatively easy day. I’ll be taking his spot all week.
- 1/2 price Easter candy. I found a hidden cache of York Peppermint patties in a cardboard bin of jellybeans at the local Walmarts.
- A brief shower greeting me on my drive home. Refreshing.
- It hadn’t rained enough at our house to interfere with planting anything. I easily planted the two rhubarb plants we bought Sunday.
- I found my first asparagus of the season! 1 day ago
1. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Ronald Dahl
2. The Little House Books (series) by Laura Ingalls Wilder
3. Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
4. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
5. All I Really Know I learned in Kindergarten by Robert Fulghum
6. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee
7. In Cold Blood by Truman Capote
8. Dracula by Stoker, Bram
9. The Hobbit by J. R. R. Tolkien
10. Lord of the Flies by William Golding
11. Dune by Frank Herbert
12. Stranger In a Strange Land by Robert A. Heinlein
13. I never Promised You A Rose Garden by Johanne Greenberg
14. Animal Farm by George Orwell
15. One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest by Ken Kessey
16. The Green Mile by Stephen King 2 days ago
- George and I had a nice breakfast of eggs, ham, onion and cheese cooked together over rice in a skillet.
- George wanted to get out and drive. I wanted to shop the plant nurseries for tomato plants.
- Altogether we bought two 4 packs of tomatoes, one 4 pack of peppers, 2 rubarb [lants and 3 different coleus from three different nurseries. Also some some cucumber seed.
- Touched base with Jessica and Nick while in town. They were just finishing up with church.
- Recorded and watched The Good Witch movie marathon starring Catherine Bell, a favorite actress. They are actually going to make this into a series. 2 days ago
in the day leaving church just to make sure. Different clothes. 2 days ago
Grandson Nick at church today just being himself. Weird? yes. But we like him, anyway. 3 days ago
At first glance, I thought that was a photo of our 14 year old grandson. 3 days ago
I believe this was meant to be a patio fire thingy. 3 days ago
1. Animal Farm by George Orwell
2. Catcher in the Rye by J. D. Salinger
3.Narrative of the Life of Frederick Douglass
4. Ender’s Game by Orson Scott Card.
6. On war by Carl Von Clausewitz
7. The World According to Garp – John Irving
8. Little Women by Louisa May Alcott
9. Fight Club by Chuck Palahniuk
10. Perfume by Patrick Suskind
11. Endless Love by Scott Spencer
12. The Bible
13. Stranger In A Strange Land by Robert A Heinlein
14 The Next Person’s Choice3 days ago
What is your favorite cooking website? I don’t have a particular favorite. I usually just type in the name of the dish and see what pops up. I may browse a few websites to see what looks interesting.
What is your favorite favorite cookbook? Commercially, I depend on an old copy of a Betty Crocker cookbook although all the cool people have The Better Homes And Garden cookbook. I prefer to use all those neat local cookbooks that are done by church groups, etc. I have several that I’ve picked up over the years from all over the country.
What is your favorite favorite cooking show?
I use to be a Julia child fan. I don’t watch cooking shows as a rule but I like watching Man Verses Food which is basically going around the country showcasing restaurants. It has made me want to go places just to eat.3 days ago
- Garden has been tilled.
- Strawberry plants are emerging.
- Rubarb has come up.
- Still waiting for asparagus.
- Plans to shop for tomato plants today. Planning on 6.
- In addition, zuchini, cucumber, okra, beet amd turnip seed.
May postpone actual planting until first weekend of May because of late start of Spring.
- George’s colonoscopy: Clear!
- George’s PT scan: Scheduled fo April 23.
- Additional medical appts. scheduled for April 29.
I plan to try squeezing cleaning out the garage sometime today if it doesn’t rain.
- Take the cats to the vet for shots.
- Get the mower ready for cutting.
- Contact repairman to fix bathroom tile in rental house.
- Steve McQueen Day next Saturday. Planning to take Paige to the carnival. 3 days ago
- Worked until noon. I stopped by the plant nursery for ideas.
- Gorgeous weather for a holiday weekend.
- I put the new Disabled plates on George’s car so we could go for a drive.
- Managed a catnap before dinner.
- Flipflop season is finally here. 3 days ago
Sootie: You’re so fluffy, I’m gonna die
Smokey: No, you are fluffier.
Sootie: You’re right. I am very fluffy. We are so very fluffy.
Smokey: We are both fluffy. Together, we can roll around on this carpet and our furr will clog up the vacuum.
Sootie: Yes. Let’s do it.
Smokey: All cats are fluffy and emus have no fur. 4 days ago
I just finished a book called The Other Mother by Carroll Shaefer. It’s an autobiography by a woman who gave up her infant for adoption and her search to reunite with him when he became an adult. It was an easy read. 4 days ago
What says spring to you? Get up and move, grow, dance.
What do you like to do in spring aside from mating? Rummage sales, garden, go barefoot.
Spring food? morel mushrroms and asparagus.
Spring colors? green, green and green.
And since this question is tame compared to my usual ones, would you consider emu and I to be in a healthy relationship because one 43er said our relationship is UNhealthy!
I think your relationship is weird and entertaining. Makes me feel sane in comparison.4 days ago
While growing up, we travelled by car across country from California to Missouri. I remember our trip to the Grand Canyon in Arizona when I was very young but as time went by the memories have faded and all the photos my mom took are black & white. I think the best place I ever visited was Yosemite with the tall redwoods. I remember we camped one night there and I do believe if I tried I could have touched the stars. 4 days ago
Every time I visit a plant nursery I dream of filling pots like these full of wondrous flowering plants. Ocassionally, I fulfill that dream, sort of. 4 days ago
And made of iron. I thought it interesting. 4 days ago
Indeed, they are not grey and are the spectaters watching the shoppers parade by them. 4 days ago
Only these fellows are not of the curious nature and would rather stay ignorant. 4 days ago
Picking the right one can be a challenge. 4 days ago
I love Summer. I like the heat although I wish we didn’t have the humidity. It can get really humid where I live. You combine 90-100 F degrees with 80-100% humidity and it can be very oppressive. It isn’t like living in dry climates where it cools off at night.. Right now, we are just waiting for Summer to start. I’m tired of Winter. It has seemed our usual Spring is very fleeting. We just had snow last Monday and today it should reach the upper 70s. Last year at this time, we were experiencing 80s then suddenly we had a late Winter storm come in with 6 inches of snow the first week of May.
I have a week’s vacation scheduled in July and another week in August. With my husband;s health we probably won’t do more then a few day trips. I work in refrigeration so I’m basically set for those hot days. 4 days ago
- The day started with a light frost but has turned out to be spectacular.
- I contacted the furnace repairman about the furnace in our rental house. It was easily fixed and we can take the cost off our 2014 taxes.
- My supervisor announced that there would be some changes in our department in the coming months. I’m not sure if it good or bad but relieved he is being honest about it.
- I stopped by and saw Paige. Lisa was there to pick her up for the weekend.
- When I got home I pulled the weeds from our asparagus bed. No sign of asparagus yet but reminded myself that we are still two weeks behind in the growing season.
- George reminded me that his original cancer surgery was one year ago on the 17th. I knew that and told him we celebrated by dining out Thursday night. 5 days ago