Which should we do first? Tee off or drink tea?
02/43 15 months ago
Which should we do first? Tee off or drink tea?
02/43 15 months ago
The weather vane on top of our garage from a different angle then before.
01/43 15 months ago
I send good wishes to you for today and everyday and hope to see you share and celebrate many more birthdays here on 43.
15 months ago
I recorded How Do You Know? on our DVR a few weeks ago and finally watched it the other night. I actually thought it was good even if the script needed more work and Jack Nicholson came across as a real sleezy crook. Personally, I think he plays a sleezy crook quite well. The movie was also a little long-winded and didn’t move along fast enough which could have been part of why it got poor reviews. It also didn’t have any catchy soundtrack or cute furry animal sidekicks.
When I commented about the movie at work, either no one knows anything about it and never saw it or considers it Reese Witherspoon’s biggest flop.
My question: Is there a movie you just love (or like) that it seems everyone else hates?
Bonus: Is there a movie everyone else raves about that you just plain hate or consider not worth sitting through? 15 months ago
1. We got our paint bought. We already had the color picked out as we used it previously on our rental house so we know what it will look like on the walls.
2. The rain has quit.
3. Strawberry margaritas. 15 months ago
Los gatos verde.
15 months ago
I’m watching Major Crimes and Perception on Mondays. I only started watching these shows because the premier of Major Crimes was aired following the series finale of The Closer. I haven’t really looked at the line up of new shows starting this fall. 15 months ago
I think I need everything that is offered. 15 months ago
Housecats are suppose to be the most efficiant hunters of all the cat species. They became very valuable during the black plague because they kept the disease carrying rat population down. 15 months ago
♫ What is your all-time favorite song?
I have a lot of all time favorite songs. Currently, I have found myself listening to this version of Over The Rainbow by Harry Nilsson.
♫ The last album you bought / downloaded? Probably something by Billy Joel.
♫ The first concert you went to – when, where, who? I went to see The Osmonds at the Missouri State fair years ago. I don’t remember what year. I remember it being my first time I saw anyone famous on stage.
♫ What are you listening to right now, if anything at all? Nothing
♫ If your life were a TV show, what would the theme song be? One by Harry Nilsson.
♫ Do you play any instruments? Are there any you’d like to play? I can play chopsticks on the piano.
♫ Share some lyrics, be it one line or the chorus. Why’d you pick this
One is the loneliest number you’ll ever know. Two can be as sad as one. It’s the loneliest since the number one.15 months ago
Currently, I’m on my fourth pair of sunglasses for this summer. Luckily, I usually buy all my sunglasses at the dollar shop.
I’ve misplaced my driver’s license. I’ve been meaning to get my address updated so I guess if it doesn’t turn up soon, I’ll have to go to the DMV which I was planning to anyway,
I’ve found two sets of keys in the last couple of weeks. One set was in the basket I used at Walmarts. I found the other set in the parking lot where I work. I turnd both sets in.
My husband put his inhaler in my purse this morning. I guess I took it out while searching for my driver’s license once realize I lost it. While out shopping, he asked for the inhaler but I didn’t have it in my purse. We looked eveywhere in the car for it but didn’t find it. It wasn’t a big deal. He had just picked up his new one at the pharmacy yesterday but wanted to use his old one up. When we got back to the house it was setting on the kitchen table. While searching my husband’s car, we found about a dollar’s worth of change. I also found a ten dollar bill folded up and tucked behind an insurance card in my purse while looking for my license. I think it was a ten I thought I lost a few weeks ago. 15 months ago
I am disappointed on how things have progressed in this year’s presidential race. The Republican party chose their candidate very early and I felt the Republican Convention was a waste of time to watch. The same goes for the Democrat Convention. I’m neither an Obama fan nor a fan of Romney. I know so many people today who are unemployed. All morning talking heads have been talking about the unemployment rate being down, yet President Obama has supposedly created more jobs in the last four years then Bush did during his eight years in office.
I don’t think it matters how many jobs you can create for people if more jobs are lost then gained. 28 million Americans are currently unemployed. This a just a statistic so it may not include those only working parttime but seeking fulltime positions or have had their hours cut due to lack of demand, no longer receiving unemployment benefits because they have run out or have just given up looking.
I consider myself lucky to have a job in this shaky economy. I would not want to be looking for another job at this time. I just got through looking at Unemployment in Missouri on the Bureau of Labor Statistics site and was surprised by the results. Four years ago, I heard so many people complain about our local economy and how electing Obama as President would bring jobs and lower the unemployment rate. I hate to say it, but unemployment here is nearly double what it was 5-6 years ago. The unemployment began to spike in the middle of 2008 and continued going up during the last four years. I don’t know where the jobs are being created, but it isn’t here in Missouri.
I still am not sure who I’ll vote for this November, but I do think the votes will reflect how voters feels about the employment rate and the state of the economy.
I think I am through with this goal. 15 months ago
1. A great day to stay in and get household chores done due to the weather.
2. We got most the the walls finished prepped for painting at ur other house.
3. Our herd of cats relished staying indoors all day while it rained although they clammered to get out for the night. 15 months ago
1. Refreshing rain arriving after a very hot day (thursday) that made it into the triple digits.
2. The feel of mud squishing between my toes.
3. the sound of the rain on the roof lulling me to sleep 15 months ago
But learning about good and bad carbs and eliminating too much refined sugar and starches from your diet can only lead to healthier eating habits.
Good luck! 15 months ago
1. Not being sick a second day in a row.
2. Our garden is still producing tomatoes.
3. Visiting with neighbors.
4. Being able to sit outside in the evening, reading until it gets dark.
5. Photographing neighbors’ dogs. I didn’t realize how many have dogs and knowing their names.
6. Still ice cream weather! When is it not?
7. Playing frisbee with the neighbor’s dog Oz. He fetches better then any of our cats.
8. Night sounds.
9. Still drinking coffee without sugar.
10. My granddaughter. She says the darndest things! 15 months ago
1. What is your phone’s ringtone? Does it depend on the caller? Currently, the samsung tone. My phone was replaced and I have never gotten around to getting one.
2. Did you wear any jewelry today? Is it sentimental? No.
3. How do you feel about cheese? Be specific.I could never become a vegan and live without it if you are talking about my feelings. I love fresh mozzerella. gouda, munster. I do prefer white cheeses over yellow although I could eat a half lb of colby just as quick as a half lb of baby swiss.
4. What are you most looking forward to? *In the next couple months? Halloween.
5. Tell me about your first pet He was a long haired black cat named Sugar. I got him as a kitten when I was 3 years old. He ate only canned cat food and when we used the electric can opener, we could look out the kitchen window and see him running toward the house when he heard the sound. He also never had a litterbox and sometimes went in the toilet if locked up in the house while we were gone but mostly did it in the bathtub which my mom didn’t mind as long as she had bleach in the house. Otherwise, he went to the door and meowed to go out.15 months ago
Although I took this photo awhile back, I wanted to include it. She was my daughter’s dog, not mine. Nevertheless, I miss having her around. She now lives with my former neighbors and I still get to see DeeDee from time to time 15 months ago
My granddaughter wanted to play with this set of drums at the preschool playground all summer.
42/43 15 months ago
Pit bull puppy in the parking lot at the local grocery store. Her owner didn’t mind her being photographed. 15 months ago
1. Air or Heir . 2. Bear or Bare . 3. Ceiling or Sealing . 4. Dear or Deer . 5. Desert or Dessert . 6. Dual or Duel . 7. Fir or Fur . 8. Flower or Flour . 9. Jam or Jamb . 10. Meet or Meat or Mete . 11. Pair or Pear or Pare . 12. Peace or Piece . 13. Raise or Raze or Rays .
14. Rap or Wrap
15. Sheer or Shear
16. Stair or Stare .
17. Stake or Steak
18. Tied or Tide . 19. Tale or Tail . 20. Vane or Vein or Vain . 21. Waist or Waste . 22. Tare or Tear or Tier .
23. Fair or Fare
24. Where or Ware or Wear . 25. Knot or Not or Naught . 26. Hair or Hare . 27. Carat or Caret or Carrot . 28. Tea or Tee . 29. Mail or Male . 30. Chili or Chilly .
31. Peak or Peek
32. Muscle or Mussel
33. Naval or Navel
34. Toon or Tune . 35. Son or Sun . 36. Hairy or Harry . 37. Gym or Jim .
38. Idle or Idol
39. Feat or Feet .
40. Ewe or Yew or You
41. Close or Clothes
42. Rough or Ruff . 43. Blew or Blue
Bonus points for pictures that also include squirrels or nuts or Shamrock shakes or anything Virgo 15 months ago
I forgot your birthday and now it over. However, I’m sure the revelry and celebrating are still going on. Happy belated birthday and best wishes for good health, peace and happy times throughout the coming year and years to come. Until next year…..
15 months ago