I know I wrote a post about this a long time ago, but I feel compelled to say it again, after the mess left for me by the family I clean for.
Commit not these sins!!!
1. Thou shalt not leave half-filled cans of soda all over the house. Thou art capable of taking them to the sink, dumping them, and putting the cans in the recycling bin.
2. Thou shalt not leave go-cups of coffee with milk in them all over the house to curdle.
3. Thou shalt not leave thy sex toys out for the cleaner to find, or worse, in a place that forces the cleaner to move said sex toy.
4. Thou shalt not dump all thy clean clothes in a pile in the closet, and expect the cleaner to hang them neatly for you.
5. Thou shalt not allow thy children to pile toys and dirty clothes on the bed, and then expect the cleaner to change the sheets.
6. Thou shalt not leave a garbage bag full of food scraps for the dogs to tear into and drag the contents all over the house, and leave it to the cleaner to deal with.
7. Thou shalt not leave a full casserole dish of mystery food (possibly sweet potatoes) to sit in the sink to rot for days, and leave it to the cleaner.
8. Thou shalt not bake many pans of meat, and leave all of the pans full of grease and baked on meat to sit in the sink and rot for days for the cleaner to deal with.
9. Thou shalt not allow thy daughter to leave dozens of bobby pins in carpets throughout the house, that are impossible to see until the vacuum tries to pick them up and catches, so you have to pick them out of the beater.
10. Thou shalt not allow thy children to half eat frozen treats, get bored with them, leave them on furniture, allow them to dry to a hardened crust, (thus again implying that they’ve been there for days) and expect the cleaner to magically penetrate the dried crust, and make the whole mess go away and still get normal tasks finished.
11. Thou shalt not have 5,000,000,000 bottles of shampoo, shower gel, and bath foam in your bath area. Keep out the few you are using, use them up, keep the rest in the cabinet. Cleaning the bath takes forever if the cleaner must move billions of bottles.
12. If thou MUST pick the day the cleaner is coming to sort through your drawer of mystery things, do not choose to sort them by dumping the entire thing all over the living room floor, and leaving them there, forcing the cleaner to pick up literally 500 small bits of screws, nails, paper clips, paper, kid’s plastic bits, batteries, old phone chargers, and sunglasses, and put them back in the drawer, which won’t leave you any further ahead.
13. Thou shalt give the tub a swipe with your towel after bathing the entire family and shedding approximately one pound of pubic hair and one pound of skin cells, rather than letting it harden to a firm crust.
14. Thou shalt leave cleaning supplies such as mop pails and cleaning products in one place, rather than playing fun games like “hide the pail in the basement” and “all your cleaning rags are gone”.
15. Thou shalt recognise that “cleaning” implies chores such as mopping the floor and changing sheets, but should not imply needing to dung out family with a shovel and a biohazard suit. 2 weeks ago