Donated 2 weeks ago
Thrown out! 2 weeks ago
Shoes that worn out, really smelly or super dirty..
thrown out! 2 weeks ago
Thrown out! 2 weeks ago
Gave it away! 2 weeks ago
By Richard Feynman.
Such a great read!:) 1 month ago
By Sheryl Sandberg.
I was really excited about reading this because I liked her Ted Talk and a lot of the things I had read in news articles about her. Unfortunately, most of the book I had already read elsewhere, in interviews and articles I was hoping for more fresh content.
Still! Great on Sandberg for writing this book. 1 month ago
The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us
by Daniel Pink.
Good Read! 1 month ago
“but this university, at least, is way more hurried than anything I ever saw in industry. It’s worse than the most frantic Internet start-ups I’ve heard of.”
It’s my experience that this is typical of most academic environments. There’s is not much funding and lots of competition. On top of that we are asked to be on committees and teach and supervise students.
It’s unfortunate that the public thinks our lives are “leisurely”. I am not sure tax payers really comprehend what an incredible bang for their buck they are getting.
Thinking hard about things is really, really hard work. 4 months ago
I can certainly relate..
I have been preparing for my comps as of late and it has been a serious slog!! 6 months ago
1) Christmas scented candles.. I am already feeling the holiday spirit!:)
3) Delicious berries and pomegranate pieces for breakfast
4) Freshly brewed morning coffee
5) Feeling happy and snuggles in the morning 6 months ago
1) My sweetheart
2) My sleeping beauties
3) The really lovely sunny weather outside
4) Access to fresh fruit even when it is cold outside
5) that I have a deadline
6) That my temporary insanity has passed and I am feeling a lot better now. 6 months ago
1) My beautiful, strong and inspiring sister
2)My large and loving family
3) For knowledge and learning
4) For having a warm place to live when it is cold outside
5) For access to clean drinking water
6) For being part of a centre of learning and research
7) For public libraries
8) For delicious baked goods and hot chocolate
9) For yoga and being able to explore my edges
10) for xxpaut and the ease of simulating odes with it 6 months ago
1) Shiny fun coloured painted nails
2) Friends and opportunities
5) Sunshine 6 months ago
1) Getting a good nights sleep and getting to start the day on my own terms
2) Good math books, currently grateful for the books written by Okubo and Kot.
4) Text messaging its nice to keep up a dialogue with friends
5) That I have call display and voicemail now! I can know who called me! and they can even leave a message! 6 months ago
1) Time to work on my proposal
2) Gettingg a free t-shirt at the library
3) Computers and other modern technology
4) Free Healthcare for everyone in my country
5) Sweater Dresses and high boots- Love that fashion need to get me some of those! 6 months ago
1) Gravol and how it kept my nausea at bay
2) Inspiring friends
4) Delicious Oranges
5) Green Tea 7 months ago
1)Being up early
2)The really amazing reading I went to last night, (Andrew Westoll read his book “The chimps of fauna sanctuary”.
3)For my friend C who came to the reading with me, and was a really good sport.
4) For my parents and that they are alive and in good health and spirits.
5)For stories and the power of a story. 7 months ago
1) Being able bodied
2) Not suffering from any chronic disease
3) Having an overabundance of people in my life who care about me
4) The internet and all that information at our fingertips
5) Color and the ability to see color 7 months ago
Congrats on the poster award!:)
Well deserved recognition for hard work I am sure:) 7 months ago