Totally as an aside I’m watching a show Elementary if it matters. But right at the start it was Watson and a lady friend and the lady friend invited one of her guy workmates and and just left them to it.
But she said no.
Thanks for the offer but I don’t want to date anyone right now4 months ago
Well you can always come on holiday?
Give it a go, visit the cities and eat the bread and cheese and drink the wine.
If you want to do something – do it and enjoy it :)
I’d like to live in Europe too 4 months ago
Hawaii is still nice but yea people forget that so many people live mauka.
But I’m sure you wouldn’t live anywhere else. :) 4 months ago
Well I certainly think emus are a poor mans ostrich.
That’s some good psychoanalysis right there. 4 months ago
Just in Manchester. Not sure I can write such a flowing description of the place to be honest. 5 months ago
pop …and lock
connect …the dots (darn it)
left …for dead 5 months ago
I kept thinking a door to an ex.
But yea a very good question and thoughtful. 5 months ago
I work in finance – just starting to study to be an accountant. 5 months ago
- Saw some cute girls in the sun today (in the very short time I went outside)
- I’m very tempted to either a) go round and ask or b) send an email to a cute girl at work asking if she wants to go for a drink.
As an addition to this I did actually email her and got a reply – not read it yet. I get this nervous over stuff.
- Got the electric guitar I bought when I was a kid (and never played) out of the loft and so I’m trying to learn. Did some scales or something. Takes me ages and certainly no flow.
- missing T; I still feel guilty and the whole depression thing
- I wish really that I just had a female friend even if she was just a friend. Someone to cuddle up with watching a film or something like that.
- not played any video games today which was something I was meant to do. It’d be nice to have friends to play them as well.
- quite busy at work; I’m not a big fan of my team just producing stuff for other people but not doing anything with it. So I’ve raised an issue with some stuff and it’s just well get these numbers and they’ll chase it. So why didn’t they think this through at the start as they should have done. Why don’t they get their own numbers. And why don’t they then sort it out. But it will just be I do the work for it and they’ll get the recognition at the end for sorting an issue out.
- went to the gym 5k 34:59 – poor. Still built like a chubby barrel.
probably something else but I can’t remember what goes here 5 months ago
Do it; give her a set of keys.
But yea you do need to ask your mum – or really anyone you live with if they’re okay with it.
If you really want get a set for her place as well. 5 months ago
Good work – I did a 8k swim once took me ages and ages
It has been a while.
I’m racking my brains for something positive. So with no negatives – going to start some new accountancy courses in a little bit.
Not really done anything else to be honest. I keep thinking I should ask a girl out but it feels like the answer would be no so it stops me. Just stuff like that.
How about you? 5 months ago
Good work, 26:39 is a really good time. Is it a 10k next?
Yep there are bits which click after you learn something else. Like a general rule.
Thanks, most people say I do so that’s what I was going off. 5 months ago
So ‘the’ girl I like at work J might have looked across at me during some meeting. I have no idea but at the time (this sounds so sad like I’m a teen-aged girl) I was just wishing she was and thinking of sitting close with her and kissing and all.
Thats about it really I’m feeling iffy in terms of how I’m doing with stuff. For example just with work and its all because I don’t think I actually do anything then it just comes across as self deprecation and attention seeking which sucks.
Not sure what to do with stuff to be honest in all things. 5 months ago
It will all balance out once you’ve gone through it.
Yep don’t worry about the questions. I’m surprised I can help normally I’m just told all the time how I confuse people and go on and on. 5 months ago
Well you can always message me it if you want.
You’ve got to remember as well the income statement is a period statement then the funds are dumped into the retained earnings account. The balance sheet is ongoing so items like payroll is a period expense just like taxes so it would go on there.
You’ll find the control accounts to record the running total of taxes same with depreciation for example like before.
But it’s set out like this.
All the parts,
Then clear it all to the bank as you’re actually paying it.
Try and think stuff through like that. 5 months ago
pneumonic isn’t anything but it’d be something to do with pneumonia :P
But basically if you’re increasing whatever it goes on the side that it’s on.
So money in the bank DR
From sales so Sales CR
Just think as well about the type of accounts so you’ll know where they sit in the financial statements.
So what did you write down for your answers? 5 months ago
So you probably know the idea of
Debit: expense;asset; drawings
Credit: liability; income; capital
So you have asset and liability accounts with go in the statement of comprehensive income (balance sheet) and the expenses and income goes into the statement of comprehensive income (profit and loss)
Some will match in both because of what they are so for example depreciation. You would mark this in both statements as you have to show the expense of depreciation as well as the reduction in the assets.
For payroll in the simplest terms the bank account will be reduced so credit (as you are reducing the asset) (B/S) and the expense account of payroll will be debited (as it’s an expense)(P&L) but you’ll use a payroll control account as you will pay out a gross but the employee will only get a net value (I’m not sure about the USA but I have national insurance taken out and because I have a student loan)
DR Wages (P&L) gross wages.
DR Social security (P&L)
CR Net wages control (B/S) with total net wages.
CR Tax/NIC control (B/S) 5 months ago
- I’m rather down over the last few weeks
- no played any games (it’d be nice to have people to do co-op or just have fun – I watch some roosterteeth stuff and they have great fun playing together
- went to the gym on monday 36min for 5k not good
- I need to get some cubic zirconium for someone and a birthday gift for someone. I got them and gave them to the person, the rest of the team have asked me what they were.
- Don’t really have any cash though
- J sort of smiled and said hi to me but she was just smiling and saying hi nothing else. Which sucks
- parents still separated
- not driven my mums new car
- I need to read my accountancy books – technically no rush
- still need to write and do this development stuff.
- may go to Poland
- today I didn’t do some stuff in the morning and the other person covered. I felt bad because I knew there was a lot and thought they’d done loads. I checked at the end of the day they’d done 22 (45mins work) I did 124 (4hours).
- I’m trying not to ‘waffle’ 5 months ago
The thing is I don’t actually work hard – or I don’t think I do. Plus I don’t want to be complaining that I’m doing stuff and other people aren’t almost. But like today at work I brought in a timetable that I’d do x, y and z in the morning and someone else would do it in the afternoon. So I thought great I’ll do some of my project work in the afternoon. So I stay late to cover anyway and find that they’ve just not done any of what they were meant to. We’re not behind but it’s just like.
I’m sure you could do that – it’s just the same as those typing apps I guess. 5 months ago
its singe and before you meant vain on another post you put up.
I’ll have a think about the other stuff 5 months ago
I guess you’ll stay in Manchester or are you going to try the Trafford Centre as well? Shopping wise I mean
Not been out for a while in town, normally its a very rushed thing just going from the office.
Well and not in a weird way if you want to say hello just give me a shout. 5 months ago
I’m not too bad I guess. Been sort of working all weekend but not done anything fun or stuff.
celta is awesome its a very good and well respected course.
Don’t worry I’ve never had the techno part. 5 months ago
You can just alt+tab or alt+windows key to cycle through, or right click your taskbar and go to show desktop or the little upright bar on the far right of the taskbar by the clock that goes straight to the desktop. 5 months ago
Yep I’ll send you a message with it so I don’t bore everyone :) 5 months ago
Not sure Manchester really counts as a holiday destination :P 5 months ago
They should be querying with you if you’re going slower but it will be because the idea is you may be struggling with it all. If you feel they’re chasing you then just let them know you’re okay and getting through it. But for people to think they’re wrong to it’s just silly, you’re right though there will be an element of well if most people do it in a few weeks and move onto another course they want to keep that going.
So how’s it all going – what have you covered off? 5 months ago
Ahh okay – Berlin is like 2hours for me. You’ll just have to take a proper holiday in Berlin then rather than a long weekend.
You could have an longer holiday and sort of tour Germany that would be really cool. 5 months ago