and he wants to go back to friends, so that is something he clearly values!
Sometimes people make wayyy better friends! 1 day ago
and he wants to go back to friends, so that is something he clearly values!
7 – roast lamb (ok the fella treated me to this, but is was by far the best lamb I have everrrr tasted!)
8 – that warm glow – after the date, that was simply delightful
9 – finding a new top in the perfect shade of blue that I covet! 1 day ago
that sounds perfect!
Best of luck on your first day :) 1 day ago
The fella took me to a quaint Greek restaurant last night, and though I was a bit anxious, he put me to ease almost immediately.
with a kind compliment, and just the right amount of attention. Before long our conversation flowed easily.
The first date can sometimes be awkward… last night it was filled with laughter and conversation, and yes there will be another date – a movie soon!
So nice to go out with him finally, get to know him better, and what I’ve seen so far is rather refreshing. 1 day ago
- delightful date with the fella.. what a really nice guy! I enjoyed myself immensely!
- despite my initial case of ‘nerves’; he put me to ease early with a kind compliment and just the right amount of attention without being too over the top.
- flowing conversation, laughter and indicators that yes interest.
- yummy roast lamb – by far the best lamb I have ever eaten, at a quaint Greek restaurant
- yep a date next weekend – a movie..
- I haven’t stopped smiling since last night :)!
- mini-shopping trip with a few finds, I’m soooo in shopping mode of late! 1 day ago
Going to try to put an end to my procrastinating habit, or at best get a handle on it!
This week I’m going to make special effort to do nagging tasks that I’ve been putting off.
Hmm.. maybe take in the bottles, or the bag of clothes to donate (easy-peasy!) that and shop for the new dishwasher (that has been on my list forever!)
Maybe this could become a bit of a contest to just see how many things CAN I get done in a week?? 2 days ago
Need to deal with these issues that are nagging at me:
Depression looming – be proactive always!
Procrastination – just do the worst task first!
De-stressing! I must find a way to destress. I’ve recently begun to grind my teeth (again and damn it, my jaw hurts!)
Exercise – Just do something!
Decision Making – why oh why am I so having a hard time with making decisions lately??? 2 days ago
- nice long chatty conversation with the fella… and yes finally – a date for tonight…..not at all sure he is the right guy for me, but you know what a friend would also be good !
- Trying hard to be open-minded!
- four day lonnnng weekend!
- cast off the body of – Twin #1 sweater, now on to the sleeves!
- a delicious nap in the afternoon (18)
- coffee with the girls
- discovering that my ex listened to me on a suggestion(s) I gave him -and actually did something about it! (as it concerns the well being of our son)
- a tad excited, a lot anxious (omg the teeth grinding has begun again!)on all the stuff going on in my world
- crazy intertwining dreams for the last two nights that featured a montage of a setting with mountainous terrain, wild animals, losing my car, my sister, and traveling 2 days ago
After some consideration and a comment from a friend (do you analyze EVERYTHING – that rather hit home!) Ok the man is stillll calling me, so there is stillll interest. And yes life, and events, and work can get in the way sometimes… I certainly haven’t been ‘available’.
A bit of a telephone tag thing went on, which I put an end to! I called him in the middle of the day last week, and I was greeted warmly with a delighted response, happy to hear from me, and yes we are going out.. this weekend for a sushi date! 4 days ago
My green smoothies have made an unbelievable difference!
Spinach and Kale – my must have’s with mixture of some fresh fruit on hand, yogurt and protein powder. I’m up to about 50% veggies, and over the next couple of weeks I’ll be increasing the proportions…
That and the vitamins, some exercise, and feeling just better overall! 4 days ago
4 – cheesecake birthday cake
5 – carrot cake
6 – a nice late sleep in – 9am! :) 4 days ago
The Bestest week :)
- son’s birthday, so grateful that though it was turning a ‘significant’ yr, birthdays to him are sort of a non-event, I’ve learned to honour who he is, NOT what I think he should do/be..(tough to do!) Gratefulness at the who he is: so very kind, wise and good, thoughtful young man he has become. So proud of who he is, and this day brought special memories back for me.
- texting my son a special birthday message at the “exact moment” he was born, and later hearing ‘Mom, that was really nice!’ That may become my new tradition !
- my dream job was posted this week, and at first glance I do not have all the minimum qualifications. After an impromptu meeting with a Mgr, and some discussion in our general area – yes you betcha I’m applying.
- attending an info night the SAME date as my reading the dream-job posting on an education program that could/would be necessary !
- a change of heart with the fella finally ending the telephone tag – I called him, and hearing a delighted response, happy to hear from me – a date yes is happening this weekend unless there is some sort of flood or tornado/hurricane! I figure the man is still calling me, and – a date would really be nice!
- three! 3!!!!! managers offering their expertise/help on preparing for a job that could (?) be ‘the dream job’
- my usual Gal-pal evening. Much laughter, women friendships – are awesome
- feeling like my life is in colour again
- green smoothies this week, have re-energized my body!
- wearing a skirt one day this week (a rarity!) and honestly the compliments this week – have astonished me. 4 days ago
Literally my dream job was posted within the company I work for this last week. Now realizing that I don’t have all the qualifications, I wasn’t even going to apply for it.. but after discussion with two managers, one a good friend in my area, one mgr has convinced me that I should absolutely apply, as he said, it is not the ONLY position there is out there, if this is a direction you really want to go in! (yes – absolutely I do!)
Then a impromptu meeting with the the communications Manager that was omg unfreaking believably generous with his time, and his expertise! He graciously offered assistance and valuable advice, OMG I would be in HEAVEN to just be granted the interview.
I really don’t quite have the required qualifications, though I have some; two managers say that I likely have transferable experience! They both have offered to assist, in ways that have floored me… I am speechless! I’ve been so encouraged – that yes I shall apply, I’ll do my damnedest to prep and get my resume/cover letter ready, along with taking all of the assistance offered! Wow – just wow. (this was a place I’d never ever have expected any support)
If that isn’t enough, I’m going to get my sorry ass into school (I will anyway!) and GET my education up to speed that is required for this field! Where I work, this is so very unexpected. Serendipity – maybe?? Or maybe my stars are finally lining up!
And at the last moment in the day, a mgr that I previously had ZERO good to say about – EVEN HE has offered to help, after a quick look/see of my resume – floored, absolutely floored – in a a great way !
All I can say is OMG and WOW going for it! 4 days ago
- Mother’s Day – remembering the greatest Mom ever. Gratefulness for her life, style, beauty and grace, and her vibrancy, And somehow knowing she wants for me to be happy, and move on with life – with “my interests’...that I’ve put on hold for too long
- my son’s small but heartfelt gift. As a student, he has little money, so dinner brought in and a gift of flowers is so very appreciated.
- compliments today on my outfit (funny because I changed at least 3 times this morning, and last ditched effort – of a “this will have to do because I’m sooooo late! !”) but yes it felt so good!
- texting msgs from a gal pal for some outings later in the week! She is becoming a great friend!
- lunch at the park – banner day again for this! so beautiful!
- the decision to yes actually make an ACTUAL effort to date again soon.
- found my Colin James CD!!! So love his music – oh my! 1 week ago
So I’ve been given this some thought since fella seems to have gone scarce on me (although he left a message tonight with a blah blah message on why he hasn’t called – ya right.) I just feel like he’s playing games, and really? Really, I am so not doing that!
I’m done with that fella.. so it’s on to finding other fish in the sea so to speak!
Now to find ways to meet appropriate men.. I guess I could join a whole lot of classes! Or try speed dating (actually that was a fun evening when I did it before!) or hang out at the library? the grocery store?? hmmmm… 1 week ago
Not nearly enough progress!
1. 3 meals a day Yes!
2. Vitamins and supplements Yes! And I’ve noticed a huge difference in how I feel!
3. 4-6 glasses of Water Most days I hit at least 4 glasses, many days more.
4. 7-7. 5 hrs of sleep Most days – (other than last week, as I struggled for some reason!)
1. Attend drop in classes 2 X a wk at my local fitness centre. Nope!
2. Walk at the park 1 X wk Nope!
3. Yoga and stretches – other days! Yes some days, but it not consistently)
4. BUY a bicycle and ride 10 km this month Not yet. But I’ve gone shopping, and I do have a lead on a bike.
1. Take action(s) on moving this forward. (I’ve already arranged for a meeting with a manager that may or may not be able to help me) Yes! Approached a former manager, and we will see what come out of it.. Also received some info that will very much help my workload and potentially tasks.. I’m virtually ‘creating’ my job or so one of my coworkers thinks! And he’s been supportive of this! Yes!! and more to come on this one….
1. Read 2 books this month. This should be easy!oh my! Not so easy as I thought, unless I read like a maniac soon!
2. Write 1 a week for 1 hr Yes – and this has been easily managed
1. Knit sweaters or hats or other smallish project for the twins!I started this yesterday, and they are going to be FABULOUS!!
2. Be ON TIME for work! Haaaa! Not last week that is for sure!
3. Embrace my creativity (I can’t turn it off anyway! ) How many ways can I be creative this month – I wonder??? Knitting and writing, photography
1. Continue with my Spring cleaning Sporadic. Managed a few area.. but still there is much to do.
2. De-clutter daily 10-15 mins Most nights I do this.
1. Plan/prepare the container pots, a window box for a wee garden. Flowers, herbs, tomatoes, for starters. I can’t plant until the latter part of May or even early June, because of our climate
2. Pretty up the outdoor space with chairs, and a table, and general yard cleanup!
Not yet.. but next weekend is a long weekend, and I hope to get a lot done then!
1. Track the spending for this month.Sporadic, and need to do better with this!
2. Buy groceries from a LISTYES
3. Ask yourself when buying something? Do you need this, or do you simply WANT this? YES always.
4. Save a few extra bucks for vacation I actually will have an extra paycheck this month and an additional check in the mail that will go to vacation! So yes!
1. Make efforts to engage and discover ways to meet more new people, attend events I am trying! It seems this is a huge effort for me (not sure why)
2. Make plans with friends on the weekend(s) and throughout the week (I’ve already made plans for a dinner and to attend a film over the next couple of weeks – so looking forward to this!) Trying to have more things to look forward to.1 week ago
Ok the fella called,and we had a great longggg first phone conversation. He left a msg during the week, when I was out. I’ve returned the phone call… and now it is over a week later, and still no date arranged…
The ball is in your court – fella..
No call all this weekend, that tells me you just aren’t that into me!
All righty then! I’m not one to wait around for any guy, so it’s on to dating plan B! 1 week ago
- getting my car repaired – for a recall – love seeing – “No Charge” on the invoice!
- set up a meeting with a person that may just bring closure – that I realized yes it is necessary – for me. Yikes.. and knowing that very likely they may cancel.
- different head space for what is ahead in soooo many areas
- a phone message from the fella – light and airy, I’m still feeling ambivalent it all, or perhaps it is just caution?? Just get on with asking for an actual ‘date’.
- a 12 hour slumber last night! After a migraine, and poor sleeping all week, it was needed!
- gal pal night on Thursday! I love those ladies! Nothing better than women friendships
- finalllllly received email at work that potentially could change my workload and my current position!! ( for the good!) Fingers crossed!!! So much work was put into this.. hoping it is fruitful!
- more sunshiney days! time at the park during lunch hours!
- hope to actually have that date over this weekend! 1 week ago
- gorgeous day yesterday, spent my lunch hour at a park
- listening to the chickadees – a delightful sound!
- temperature yesterday 27 C – awesome!
- fun day at work today.
- pb&j – just because !
That is all, the last two days were hmm stressful, less than banner, and rather disappointing.
There is something good in each day, sometimes though you really have to search for the small gems of good~ 2 weeks ago
For the first time in weeks and months really, I feel like I’m getting some energy back.
I’ve doing some yoga, cutting back on my caffeine (about 1/2!), eating well balanced meals, and taking my vitamins/supplements regularly for about 2 or 3 weeks, and getting ‘quality sleep’. Ive learned 7 to 7.5 hr is my ideal – but if I wake up 3-4 times during the night, that isn’t near enough sleep, and surely it isnt quality sleep!
It has made a tremendous difference in how I feel! 2 weeks ago
- a call from my best friend re fella she introduced to me a few weeks ago (thanks to her insistence!) and a subsequent phone call with him – delightful conversation, and the first date in the works.
- tix for a festival that I adore purchased and plans with a new good friend! Last year I was not feeling up to it, and by the time I changed my mind, it was too late to get them as this is a big even here! Four days of my fav festival! Sooo awesome!
- weather finallllllllly is spectacular Brilliant blue sky, 26c forecast for today! That is about 78f or so! Perfect in my book!
- making my ‘happy music’ playlist for my commute ….
- and all this at only 10am !
- the world feels so much brighter lately – truly thankful for the big turn-around, it was soooo needed! 2 weeks ago
a man today that was delightful. Common ground, laughter, but I don’t know if he is available… It was so unexpected, I was thrown off and in a vulnerable state. The moment was lost too soon to ask…...
Once again it has reinforced – yep dating is in my future! 2 weeks ago
1 – a massage
2 – a walk at the park, and taking a few minutes to watch the ducks in the river
3 – photography – because it totally makes me happy! :) 2 weeks ago
Bloom and Grow:
Love this title, it really is one of our best yet!
So I shall try my best to bloom and grow in a few specific areas:Health:
- 3 meals a day
- Vitamins and supplements
- 4-6 glasses of Water
- 7-7. 5 hrs of sleep – I feel so much better with good rest, and function at my best!
This will be a huge challenge for me. To get ready, fit for hiking, but to tone my body, to build some strength too!
- Attend drop in classes 2 X a wk at my local fitness centre.
- Walk at the park 1 X wk
- Yoga and stretches – other days!
- BUY a bicycle and ride 10 km this month – that is all! If the weather cooperates that may be quite doable (and I haven’t ridden a bike in YEARS! I’ve wanted to buy one forever and this is THE year!
- Take action(s) on moving this forward. (I’ve already arranged for a meeting with a manager that may or may not be able to help me)
- Read 2 books this month. This should be easy!
- Write 1 a week for 1 hr
- Knit sweaters or hats or other smallish project for the twins!
- Be ON TIME for work!
- Embrace my creativity (I can’t turn it off anyway! ) How many ways can I be creative this month – I wonder???
- Continue with my Spring cleaning
- De-clutter –daily 10-15 mins
- Plan/prepare the container pots, a window box for a wee garden. Flowers, herbs, tomatoes, for starters. I can’t plant until the latter part of May or even early June, because of our climate
- Pretty up the outdoor space with chairs, and a table, and general yard cleanup!
- Track the spending for this month.
- Buy groceries from a LIST not from memory
- Ask yourself when buying something? Do you need this, or do you simply WANT this?
- Save a few extra bucks for vacation
- Make efforts to engage and discover ways to meet more new people, attend events
- Make plans with friends on the weekend(s) and throughout the week (I’ve already made plans for a dinner and to attend a film over the next couple of weeks – so looking forward to this!) 2 weeks ago
I’ve had massages before, but typically it was for some sort of injury , not just BECAUSE! I always felt that massages are decadent, and certainly not ‘necessary’. Ha! I’ve changed my mind- it was worth it and THEN some!
I’ve booked a longer one for the next time! :) 2 weeks ago
and simple pleasures are sometimes the best – aren’t they?! 2 weeks ago