1. I’m grateful for finishing my last paper in my Contemporary Literature class.
2. I’m grateful for avocados (God’s magic fruit)
3. I’m grateful for open-air markets.
4. I’m grateful for rivers: deep and flowing.
5. I’m grateful for the holiday season: love, friends, and PRESENTS!
Sidenote: I really adore my best friend. She’s taught me so much about myself. 18 months ago
I’m grateful today. Some of the things I’m grateful for are listed below.
1. I’m grateful for kindnesses still being extended, received, and reciprocated.
2. I’m grateful for two feet that can get wherever I want to go.
3. I’m grateful for friends all over the country
4. I’m grateful for the MLK memorial that I’ll be visiting today
5. I’m grateful for finding the street dedicated to Langston Hughes in both Harlem and DC. 18 months ago
1. I’m thankful for a best friend who serves as a friend, confidant, and road buddy.
2. I’m thankful for a grocery store that had everything we needed to make thanksgiving perfect.
3. I’m grateful for Middle Eastern food. It’s so seasoned.
4. I’m grateful for Black Friday sales, because I can get my NYE outfit for 60% off.
5. I’m thankful for reflection on this past year, which has allowed me to see myself, and my world, with fresh eyes. 18 months ago
1. I’m grateful for random conversations: while waiting on the Super Shuttle to take me to the airport, I struck up a conversation with the valet guy and was able to share his joy about his niece’s wedding.
2. I’m grateful for on-time flights.
3. I’m grateful for making it safely into Baltimore.
4. I’m grateful for my best friend being on time to pick me up from the airport.
5. I’m grateful to be spending Thanksgiving with great friends since I live a lonely life in Tampa.
Extra credit: I’m grateful for peace of mind. 18 months ago
I love gorgeous cityscapes. 18 months ago
1. My first 6 am jog on the street
2. My new lunch bag… No more carrying around a tote bag with lunch in it.
3. My last day of teaching
4. Trip to DC and NYC in the morning
5. Pistachios, especially salt and pepper pistachios 18 months ago
I can definitely agree with that. My body was comfortable, so I had to shake things up some more.
My new goal is to run, so as I work on that, I’ll be working on my weight goals as well.
Thanks for the encouragement.
I’ll join the registry. Thanks!
The half marathon is on March 4th. The training schedule is twelve weeks. I think I can do it. We shall see. 18 months ago
I will quantify this by my ability to run a half marathon.
I’m not sure how long this will take to accomplish, but I’m going to begin training today. I’m starting with a 5K in December. I’m going to do another one in March. Thirteen miles seems daunting, but it can be done. In addition to that, I want to wear a perfect size 10 by August of next year. And the last thing is that I want to be within the healthy BMI range.
Those three things will define “the best shape of my life.” 18 months ago
We can leave 43things for weeks, months, or even years and come back to the same community.
I love the people here! 18 months ago
1. Swings at the park (I acted like I was eight)
2. Sunshine, clear skies, and a light wind
3. Comfortable running shoes
4. A washer and dryer in my apartment
5. Homemade spring rolls
Extra: I’m grateful for my very first 5K on December 10th. 18 months ago
I’m running a 5K on December 10th. It’s my first one. It’ll be both new and fulfilling! 18 months ago
So I’ve found a 5K in Tampa and it’s on December 10th. If I follow the plan, I should be running 3 miles by then. Let’s get it! 18 months ago
A 5K is 3.1 miles. I can jog 2 miles right now, so this shouldn’t take a lot of practice. I’m going to start training now. 18 months ago
I exercise every day. I walk around the neighborhood, play my Wii, jog, and ride my bike. I eat clean as much I possibly can. I’m very conscious of my portion sizes and I don’t eat any meat or animal derivatives. 18 months ago
It was my first time, so I think I’ll get a lot better. It was easier than I thought. 18 months ago
1. An early morning walk
2. Making awesome sushi
3. Comfortable shoes
4. An upcoming birthday
5. Global Voices on PBS18 months ago
October: Started a 30-day juice fast
November: Ran a mile in under ten minutes
Extra credit: November: I’m going to the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade for the first time ever. 18 months ago
I’m officially “only” overweight. I’m not obese anymore. Obese is such an ugly word or at least society has convinced me that it’s an ugly word.
I’m working on a healthy BMI, and I have 34 pounds before I get there. 18 months ago
How I did it: I started this process at 272 pounds. I don't know how I got there, but I did know that I didn't want to be there. The problem was that I didn't know where to start. My friends started exercising, but I didn't start with them. I was still unsure. Eventually, I made up my mind to attempt to lose weight. I started walking every morning at 6 am and in four months, I lost 40 pounds. When I started my journey, I weighed 266 and after the first forty, I was stuck at 226 forever. I didn't lose any weight from January to May and then I became a vegan. I lost 13 pounds after that, and I just finished a 30-day juice fast and I lost another 17 pounds, so I'm 196. Read how I did it… 18 months ago
To achieve this goal, I’ll need to lose 34 pounds. That doesn’t sound like a lot, so I’m sure it can be done.
One day at a time. 18 months ago
Nope, I don’t mind at all. I’m about to read your story now. And I’m going to follow back. 18 months ago
I really appreciate the encouragement. I’m going to send you a couple cheers so you’ll have some to give later. 18 months ago