I went to see les miserables today and WOW. Such a good film. I was blown away by the talent of the actors, the excellence of the directing, and the relevance of the story to contemporary life. I was emotionally moved and entertained, something that not to many films are able to accomplish so well. 4 months ago
Wallowing in the shallow end of the pool…I’m grateful for shopping. I’m not feeling good today and enjoyed some comfort in shopping. 4 months ago
I have a cold and am feeling mad respect for my kick ass immune system. Do I feel crappy? Yes I do. HOWEVER…it’s my immune system doing it’s job that is causing most of my icky-sicky feelings so instead of feeling bad about it I am having some gratitude for it. My immune system is going to war and this cold virus doesn’t stand a change. Thank you immune system! 4 months ago
Most days of my life I never think about what this amazing force does for me, other animals, and the earth in general. It’s our clock, our center, the literal ebb and wane on the tidal flats that is the backbone of my local ecology. 4 months ago
I just registered for my final semester and will walk in May. 4 months ago
- My mind. I am able to be thoughtful about my emotions rather than be led by them.
- My brother G did something stupid, but managed to avoid serious and lasting consequences. I am grateful for his continued health and well-being.
- My husband making me coffee nearly every morning.
- The feel of the sisal rug on my bare feet. it’s sensually delightful.
- My brother S has stepped up in managing his bipolar and works hard every day to maintain his health. I am immensely grateful to him for this. 4 months ago
1. My husband and the gentle way he challenges habits that undermine living the good life.
2. J & K: they are dear people and such good supportive friends to my sister and lovingly extend that support to me.
3. Pam: for the compassionate loving kindness she has shown me, for her belief in me and my abilities, and for her practical nuts and bolts outlook.
4. My body. Even when I don’t take very good care of it it continues to give to me.
5. My home. I treasure having a place to shelter me that is cozy, welcoming, and stable. 2 years ago
Acomplished: Olympic and Mt. Rainier. 3 years ago
I have completed 1 full year and am in the 1st semester of my 2nd year. To maintain my personal health I am going halftime this semester. This means graduating will take longer, but I will be a healthier happier person when I do finally graduate. 19 months ago