It finally came to me one day. Why get a tattoo that someone else had? It didn’t mean anything to me. So I thought about what I want, and what I feel. I realized I lost belief in myself to be, to do, to see, to feel. And so, I combined the focused and determining eyes of the tigress (which I wanted blue) and my course everyday…believe! Believe in myself and that I can do anything…as long as I BELIEVE! 4 months ago
People have been asking me if I will have any resolutions this year. Well my first resolution, which is more of a challenge, is to take 1,000 pictures this year and to share my adventures as I play and explore through this challenge. One thousand pictures doesn’t sound like much, but to me it is my way of breaking down the fear and progressing in my art. 4 months ago
1) Prepared camera equipment to take pics of the eclipse.
2) Did Laundry.
3) Took Buddy out for dinner.
4) Paid bills.
5) Rubbed Sadie’s tummy cause she felt icky! 12 months ago
Of all times, I picked up my camera today. My hope was to get some shots of the event, but my lens was not powerful enough. Will have to add that to my list of things to get…a stronger telephoto lens and solar lens.
It was still spectacular though! 12 months ago
Worked out at the gym this morning.
Played with Buddy.
Did my laundry at the laundromat.
Set up my lunch for tomorrow.
Boiled eggs for my breakfasts this week. 13 months ago
My reading continues in Suze Orman’s book. There are at least two things I want to do ASAP: 1) Start a trust; and 2) Review my mom’s financial arrangements and make sure she has her trust fund set up correctly. In addition to these two things, I have a mutual fund that needs to be moved so have to get that done before its “done for me” by the holder. This experience and research provides good basic information and understanding about money and how to gain power over it. Yay! 13 months ago
Your efforts at investing tattoos and parlors is fantastic. One more item to consider: what do you want to do for your career? While your consideration to wear long sleeves or makeup is commendable, is it practical?
Don’t get me wrong, I love tattoos, and I have many friends who have them. I recount a good friend that is a lawyer. You would never know he is completely sleeved because he wears long sleeves all the time. Even when its hot, he can’t roll up the sleeves at work, or when his partners are around.
Best of luck to you! Remember, make your own decision and consider future impacts and consequences. 13 months ago
1. Got the wool or cotton yarn to make scarves for the troops.
2. Washed the car.
3. Made ice tea.
4. Read my new book. 14 months ago
1. If it frightens you, do it.
2. Don’t settle. Every time you settle, you get exactly what you settled for.
3. Put yourself first.
4. No matter what happens, you will handle it.
5. Whatever you do, do it 100%.
6. If you do what you have always done, you will get what you have always got.
7. You are the only person on this planet responsible for your wants, needs, and happiness.
8. Ask for what you want.
9. If what you are doing isn’t working, try something different.
10. Be clear and direct.
11. Learn to say “no.”
12. Don’t make excuses
13. If you are an adult, you are old enough to make your own rules.
14. Let people help you.
15. Be honest with yourself.
16. Do not let anyone treat you badly. No one. Ever.
17. Remove yourself from a bad situation instead of waiting for the situation to change.
18. Don’t tolerate the intolerable – ever.
19. Stop blaming. Victims never succeed.
20. Live with integrity. Decide what feels right to you, then do it.
21. Accept the consequences of your actions.
22. Be good to yourself.
23. Think “abundance”
24. Face difficult situations and conflict head on.
25. Don’t do anything in secret.
26. Do it now.
27. Be willing to let go of what you have so you can get what you want.
28. Have fun. If you are not having fun, something is wrong.
29. Give yourself room to fail. There are no mistakes, only learning experiences.
30. Control is an illusion. Let go; let life happen. 14 months ago
So, I picked up a book by Suze Orman the other day, “9 Steps to Financial Freedom”. Its been enlightening on several levels. I didn’t realize one could have a fear of money. So, slowly I move forward gaining new understanding and confidence about my financial abilities. One of the next steps I have to work on is to determine where my money is going. She gives an exercise in her book and so tomorrow I will embark on a “jungle cruise” journey to learn where all my money is going! Of course I have a keen idea…Starbucks, hair dresser, mani/pedi, eating out, buying clothes without a clue as to what I need or could really use.
I mean, I know these things, but tend to look past them because they are my ‘comfort’. But, comfort for what? As I said, its a real eye-openner to determine why I do the things I do and hopefully learn from these past mistakes to have a brighter financial future.
Wish me luck! 14 months ago
Its been challenging, but anything worth doing is challenging. But, I have been getting back to the gym and strength training about 2 to 3 times per week. Unfortunately this cold sidelined me temporarily.
Good times! 15 months ago
What a crappy day! It was hard to believe that it would or could be so ‘crappy’ when I woke up this morning. I can’t believe I was able to accomplish 5 things today with the stress and negative assaults.
1. Had a massage to de-stress and as therapy for my ankle.
2. Put cleaner in Buddy’s ears.
3. Ate healthy today.
4. Got through my email, even though I had been on vacation.
5. Gave a smile to at least 3 people today. 15 months ago
It was a good vacation day, but still achieved 5 things…
1. Cleaned out a closet and the mildew.
2. Did 30 minutes on the elliptical machine (working up to 45 min again).
3. Organized notebook.
4. Gather the records I need for the refi
5. Edit paper. 15 months ago
My Buddy loves to walk with me, I need to take more time and get out with him more often. He is such a great dog!
For Buddy! 15 months ago
I keep forgetting to move my money market account. I really need to make this a priority this year! Not sure where to move it either. Credit Union, bank….where is the best place? 15 months ago
I have to decide what colors to use. Well, actually even before the color, I have to get my roommate out so I don’t have to move so much stuff.
Then decide on the colors: one for the dining room/kitchen; my bedroom and bathroom; and lastly the livingroom.
One step at a time…. 15 months ago
I just don’t know where or how to begin. Guess this is another one of those internet research activities.
If anyone has any suggestions, I am listening! 15 months ago
Thank you J.D. Roth!
There are so many things I need to do this year. Time to change my IRA allocations, refinance my mortgage, move my money market account….and that’s just for starters.
I am challenged when it comes to understanding the ins and outs of finances. As they say…one step at a time! 15 months ago
I need to think about this – 5 things…I know I do more than 5 things a day… 15 months ago
Some days its so hard to have passion in your life. When you are stuck in traffic or waiting in a line behind someone who seems to take FOREVER! But its how we spend those precious moments…sending positive energy to all those on the road; remembering a passionate night or the smile on your partner’s face when you walk through the door.
Time to take stock, live everyday with passion and ‘love the one your with’!
Be well my friends, its 2012! 15 months ago
Since May of 2011 I began working out and eating better – cleaner. I find that the eating has become easier with time. During the week I focus on eating a good breakfast of egg whites, oatmeal or fruit. For lunch and dinner I have chicken or fish, with a green veggie and a salad. These simple concepts have helped me loose over 45 pounds. Not to mention that I was hitting the gym nearly every day.
Since my injury I have had to put a hold on the gym, but I continue to follow the basic rules i set for eating clean. Now, don’t get me wrong, I did have a slice of pumpkin pie at Thanksgiving, or whipped topping on fruit. But it didn’t consume me and I made sure it didn’t happen everyday. Its good to treat yourself, but in the long run, eating simply is so much better for you.
I know there are diets and meal plans out there to ‘eat like a caveman’ or stop eating carbs. Whatever works for you, and its healthy then by all means, go for it! But make sure you find something that you can do long term.
Best of luck to all those out there looking to eat right and get fit! 15 months ago