May 31 2 days ago
May 31 2 days ago
Don’t talk about it. Be about it.
Some changes I have made, and am making.
1: Concerning exercise:
I have been doing a lot of walking, at least an hour a day. In the future, I need to incorporate more walking into my city life.
2. I have slowly been building up my ability to run.
3. I bought a jump rope and just did that for the first time, which was an intense cardio workout for me.
1. I have cut out a lifestyle of rice, potatoes, bread and pasta. Not that it is gone for good, but I don’t intend to eat that in an every day fashion.
2. I have cut out most of my processed foods, so that means no more frozen quick meals. It takes some planning, but I am going to eat chicken breasts and salmon and shrimp that I cook myself and put away in plastic containers.
1. I am trying to be kind and gentle to myself for messing up.
2. I am not going to beat myself up all the time.
3. I am starting over.
My shopping is horrible, but I am not going to buy clothing any more.
I do not want to be a size 18/20 anymore. I want to work my way into not being extremely plus size.
I am going to be a size 12. I have enough clothing for my current size, so I am not going to be a bum, I am just not going to add more clothing.
Time to get my sexy back. 2 days ago
1. Love yourself- No one can give you what you need to give yourself.
2. Too much material shit is annoying to move around.
3. Don’t talk about it, be about it.
When you talk too much about your goals, you give people access to your dreams. If you don’t accomplish it, then they feel like they have a soft spot to poke you in. So don’t make people too privvy to what you want. Act on what you want.
4. Do not let emotionally unavailable men use you for their ego boosts. Do not be an ego-booster.
5. It’s the attitude that counts.
Life is what YOU make of it.
6. If you focus on the results you will never change. If you change, you will see results.
7. DO NOT LIVE IN THE PAST. YOU CAN ALWAYS CHANGE. TOMORROW IS A NEW DAY.
8. MAKE SMALL GOALS AND TAKE IT DAY BY DAY. 5 days ago
I weighed in at WW on Saturday the 18th at 321.8, so I gained a pound, but will continue to be hopeful about the rest of the summer. I want to get below 300 again by the end of August, so I have June, July and August to perform. I want to remain optimistic and emotionally healthy and forget the past and TRY AGAIN. My goal is 299.8, which is 21 pounds in 3 months.
May 19th made 7 weeks of abstinence.
I have been wasting time talking to Leon. That has been taking up too much of my time. I am going to fall off.
Thesis- I NEED TO GET TO WORK!!!! 5 days ago
spent no money
orange polka dot tee
groceries and a gym bag
Revlon Posh and Revlon Vixen
Beauty Supply Store- $16.08
OPI- Alpine White
China Glaze- Japanese Koi and Celtic Sun
Easy Wok- $8.93
won ebay yellow skirt- $8.77
book sale- 74 books app. $18.50 real money
Book Sale May 19th, 2013- less then $20 for 74 books
1. The Romance Reader-Pearl Abraham
2. Arabian Jazz- Diana Abu-Jaber
3. Say You’re One of Them- Uwen Akpan
4. Reality Fitness- Inspiration for Your Health and Well-Being- Nicki Anderson
5. The White Tiger- Aravind Adiga
6. Ines of My Soul- Isabel Allende
7. Portrait in Sepia- Isabel Allende
8. Bastard Out of Carolina- Dorothy Allison
9. How the Garcia Girls Lost Their Accents- Julia Alvarez
10. Saving the World- Julia Alvarez
11. The Fit or Fat Woman- Covert Bailey
12. If Beale Street Could Talk- James Baldwin
13. The Salt Eaters- Toni Cade Bambara
14. Senor Vivo and the Coca Lord- Louis de Bernieres
15. Summer Sisters- Judy Blume
16. Brothers and Sisters- Bebe Moore Campbell
17. Your Blues Ain’t Like Mine- Bebe Moore Campbell
18. Girl With the Pearl Earring- Tracey Chevalier
19. The House on Mango Street- Sandra Cisneros
20. Little Bee- Chris Cleave
21. Abeng-Michelle Cliff
22. Shameless- Judy Collins
23. Heremakhonon- Maryse Conde
24. The Last of the African Kings- Maryse Conde
25. The House at Sugar Beach- Helene Cooper
26. When Women Stop Hating Their Bodies- Jane R. Hirschann/ Carol H. Munter
27. Cheaters- Eric Jerome Dickey
28. Lakota Woman- Mary Crow Dog
29. Like Water For Chocolate-Laura Esquirel
30. Piecing It Together: Feminism and Non-Violence (Feminism and Non-Violence Study Group)
31. Bridget Jones’s Diary- Helen Fielding
32. White Oleander- Janet Fitch
33. Waiting- The True Confessions of a Waitress- Debra Ginsberg
34. Memoirs of a Geisha- Arthur Golden
35. Bad Boy- Olivia Goldsmith
36. Pen Pals- Olivia Goldsmith
37. Priestesses- Noma Lorre Goodrich
38. My Son’s Story- Nadine Gordimer
39. None to Accompany Me- Nadine Gordimer
40. Pearl- Mary Gordon
41. Women in Latin American History: their lives and views- June E. Hahner
42. Jazz Country- Nat Hentoff
43. Getting in Touch with Your Inner Bitch- Elizabeth Hilts
44. The Autobiography of My Mother- Jamaica Kincaid
45. Mr. Potter- Jamaica Kincaid
46. I Know This Much Is True- Wally Lamb
47. I Dream A World- Brian Lanker
48. Sons and Lovers- D.H. Lawrence
49. Women in Love- D.H. Lawrence
50. Kaffir Boy- Mark Mathabane
51. A Day Late and a Dollar Short- Terry McMillan
52. Disappearing Acts- TM
53. How Stella Got Her Groove Back- TM
54. Waiting to Exhale- TM
55. Sisterhood is Powerful- Robin Morgan
56. A Mercy- TM
57. Love- TM
58. Sula- Toni Morrison
59. Linden Hills- Gloria Naylor
60. The Women of Brewster Place- Gloria Naylor
61. Fat is a Feminist Issue- Susie Orbach
62. The Fountainhead- Ayn Rand
63. Ain’t Gonna Be the Same Fool Twice- April Sinclair
64. On Beauty- Zadie Smith
65. I Been in Sorrow’s Kitchen and Licked Out All the Pots- Susan Straight
66. The Confessions of Nat Turner- A Novel by William Styron
67. The Silver Cloud Café- Alfredo Vea, Jr.
68. Omeros- Derek Walcott
69. By the Light of My Father’s Smile- Alice Walker
70. The Temple of My Familiar- Alice Walker
71. Warrior Marks- Alice Walker
72. The Woman’s Dictionary of Symbols and Sacred Objects- Barbara G. Walker
73. The Devil Wears Prada- Lauren Weisberger
74. Bitch- In Praise of Difficult Women
Rite Aid- 26.92
Sinful Colors 24/7
Sally Hansen- Green With Envy, Deep Purple, Blue It, Quick Canary
P & C- groceries/ sushi
Subway- Drink- 1.84
red plaited sandals
Torrid- 33.16 leopard printed sandal
Brooklin pointed sandal in blue/black
Danny’s Pizza- $12.67
Danny’s Pizza- $21.05
groceries, sheet set, blender 6 days ago
I will get my license.
I will eat clean(er).
I will exercise and train for an athletic, strong, toned, size 12-14 body.
I will not have casual sex and only date for a relationship.
I will travel outside of the U.S. again before I am 30.
I will work to be free of student, personal and credit card debt.
I will always be reading a book.
I will value the material items I already own and be careful in my purchases of more material items.
I will take a break from school for at least one year in pursuit of my goals. 1 week ago
I was on BP from May 4- May 16th.
I have to stay off. I have to stop seeking attention from men and focus on loving my body and being single and getting my life together.
Today I decided I am going to weigh myself every other week and I am going to start eating cleaner, so limiting packaged foods, limiting carbs, focusing on fruits and vegetables and moving my body (even) more. This will be a lifestyle change. I have to interrogate what I am putting into my body. I want to be athletic, healthy, fast and toned by my own doing. No pills, weight loss surgeries ideas or shakes. Just me eating better and moving more and more.
I want to feel sexy in myself and not be even willing to entertain half-baked sexual relationships with ppl who don’t care about me. 1 week ago
Weighed in at 320.4 yesterday so no scale weight loss progress.
Today makes 6 weeks of abstinence.
I have not been doing work. 1 week ago
spent no money
The Great Gatsby w/ Allegra $9.50
groceries and a jump rope
taxi w/ Bashir to go to Ayanna’s house- $6
Five Guys w/ Allegra [10.00]
Wal-Mart w/ Allegra [9…]
groceries & did buy Sally Hansen- Coral Reef
Forever 21- 74.05
cross studded leggings
red sheer shirt
floral sheer shirt
gold cross earrings
neon pink nail polish
taupe and black striped leggings
black and white striped leggings
diamond colorful sleeveless top
http://www.fashiontofigure.com/mind-games-sleeveless-diamond-print-plus-size-top.html 2 weeks ago
Fresh Girls and Other Stories
by Evelyn Lau 2 weeks ago
Thursday May 9th, 2013
Friday May 10th, 2013
Went to see The Great Gatsby and went to dinner with Allegra and chilled.
Saturday May 11th, 2013
I went to WW meeting (320.4) and grocery shopped at Target then chilled.
Sunday May 12th, 2013
I went to Subway and then went to Ayanna’s to celebrate her birthday and Mother’s Day 2 weeks ago
Finish Wake the Town and Tell the People
Finish The Official Dancehall Dictionary
Finish Black Style article
Restart- Dancehall: from Slave Ship to Ghetto
look through picture books
The Status of Jamaican Women in Jamaica Independence Years
Jamaica chapter in a People’s History of the Third World
Sonjah Stanley Niaah work 2 weeks ago
Did a 40 minute walk/ run. Ran 47.6 seconds. Went to see my career counselor. Talked to Leon in Jamaica. 2 weeks ago
Today I went to see my nutritionist Clint and my counselor Diane.
I also saw Ayanna’s defense.
Walked for 2 hours today. Talked to Leon (Ja from BP). 2 weeks ago
Ok, so my goal is 310.4.
April 20th- 320.4
April 27th- 320.0
May 4th- did not weigh in
I will continue to weigh in every Saturday until I hit this 10 lb goal.
Wish me luck. 2 weeks ago
Sunday, May 5th, made 5 weeks of abstinence. 2 weeks ago
I broke my no shopping rule, but trust me, my priorities are changing… 2 weeks ago
On Saturday,May 4th, I chilled and did laundry.
On Sunday, May 5th, I did my eyebrows, went to Target, and spent the day talking to men on BP, quite honestly.
Today, Monday,May 6th, went to lunch at Chilli’s with Allegra and went to a book sale and realized I would get a better deal if I waited for the prices to go down a bit. I also did my hair.
Today, I made the decision that I am NOT going to library school. I do not want to go into that level of debt for that particular degree and I would like to work and pay off the debt that I have now. 2 weeks ago