So I got some reflection questions from the internet and spent some time completing them. Here is my reflection on the first third of 2013:
2. What am I most proud of? What do I most regret in the first third of 2013?
Most proud of submitting my story to the contest. I most regret worrying what unkind people said or did (not respecting myself).
3. What do I want my intention to be for the next third of 2013?
I want to feel great about myself- physically, mentally, and psychologically. I want to be brave and bold, making myself fulfilled and happy.
5. What was the smartest decision you made this first third of 2013?
Entering the contest and making time to finish my story.
6. What do you wish you had done more of?
Eaten more healthy, walked more, wrote more, and, had more fun.
7. What do you wish you had done less of in the first third of 2013?
I wish I had done less of what other people wanted me to do and I wish I had worried less about what unkind people (S., my in-laws, etc) thought about me.
8. Who made you laugh the most?
9. Did you suffer illness or injury in the first third of 2013?
This has been a very healthy last few months overall. I haven’t had an illness or had to go to the doctor at all. I credit the walking.
10. How did you manage your stress?
In a pretty healthy way- by taking a long walk. I would, however, like to add more mediation/guided relaxation to this regimen, as I have a lot of stress lately from my fluctuating schedule and my parenting/work conflicts.
11. What do you wish you would have done differently in regards to your health?
Made more healthy food choices and brushed and flossed better.
12. When did you feel most inspired at work?
The only time I feel inspired at work is when I teach a class or (better yet) do a presentation.
13. What is one way you grew professionally in the first third of 2013?
Sigh. I am feeling very stagnant professionally right now. I guess I acquired some minor technological skills.
14. What was your greatest challenge at work?
Self- confidence and dealing with a very poor supervisor.
16. What was your single biggest time waster in your life this first third of 2013?
The internet (minus 43 things).
17. What was the best way you used your time?
Being with friends.
18. What was your beditme and wake up time?
Too late and too late. I need to go to sleep and wake up earlier.
19. If you had more time this first third of 2013, what would you have done with it?
Walked and written more, or seen friends more.
20. I would use a magic wand to
change my self-esteem.
21. I want to repeat
the fun times I’ve had with family and friends.
22. I was embarrassed by
gaining back the weight I lost in the juice fast.
23. I lost
time that I wasted.
24. I gained
25. I felt most alive when
having fun with good friends.
26. What do I want to let go of?
My clutter- my “just in case” possessions.
27. What do I want to embrace?
Self- confidence and joy.
28. What risks do I want to take?
Being more forthright.
29. What joy do I want to pursue?
Israeli dancing, beach visits, and laughing with friends.
30. How do I want to change?
I want to be braver, bolder, and have more confidence in myself. 1 day ago