I’ve heard of that book but i’ve never actually read it. Thank you! 3 months ago
1. What did I learn/remember last week? Change is hard. Really, really hard.
2. What was my greatest accomplishment over the past week?
3. Which moment from last week was the most memorable and why? Feeling very ignored/left out by one of my best friends. I know we’re growing apart.
4.What’s the #1 thing I need to accomplish this week? Finishing my college apps
5. What can I do right now to make the week less stressful? Outline + prep that essay, as well as outline a list of things i need to get done tomorrow
6. What have I struggled with in the past that might also affect the upcoming week? Motivation and writers block.
7. What did I spend the most time on last week? Was that good or bad? Jamie. Good and bad. I love her, but she can be really insensitive at times.
8. Am I carrying any excess baggage into the week that can be dropped? Worry about weight gain
9. What have I been avoiding that needs to get done?
Euro work. Essay. APES work. French work. Photo work.
10. What opportunities are still on the table? Studio night tomorrow
11. Is there anyone I’ve been meaning to talk to? Cat. I have no idea what she is up to.
12. Is there anyone that deserves a big ‘thank you’? Jamie for driving me through the snowstorm. My friend Ariel for dealing with me.
13. How can I help someone else this coming week? Tutor Jamie at library.
14. What are my top 3 goals for the next 3 months?
#1 – Get my grades up
#2 – Decide on a college
#3 – Work on running
15. Have any of my recent actions moved me closer to my goals?
#1 – nooooo
#2 – narrowed schools down
#3 – nope…
16. What’s the next step for each goal?
#1 – Take advantage of the library. Limit my time on tumblr. Plan homework out in advance.
#2 – Finish essay. Get those apps in! Financial aid form as well.
#3 – Treadmill everyday this week, combined with HIT
17. What am I looking forward to during the upcoming week? Reading pride and prejudice and getting back into my fitness routine.
18. What are my fears? That i’m not going to be able to make up this work.
19. For what am I most grateful? For making it through 2013
20. What can I do to make life more beautiful today? Listen to beautiful music and watch the snow fall 3 months ago
Work on application essay
Shoot one roll of film (DONE)
Mall @ 6 (DONE)
Finish COA, Marlboro, and WW essays (DONE) 3 months ago
23. Acadia National Park
28. Gay shame
29. Prison abolition movement
31. The Zodiac Killer
32. fish hatcheries
33. The Shining theories 3 months ago
All of the colleges that I’m applying to have a college garden. So while they might not be exclusively mine, I will (hopefully) be growing food for the greater good of my college! 3 months ago
“And I kiss you – on the wall, on the curtains, on the blind. And the whole word is reborn because of your divine touch. I like you for you have the ability to pause time; only you can make it cease for a bit. You represent a world able to stop moving; an enchanting melody which remains enchanting even when it can’t be heard anymore. Darling, you are not the exception: you are the rule. No, you are my rule. I don’t wish for exceptions every time you are near. You are too much of everything I dared to imagine.”
“The breaking of a wave cannot explain the whole sea.”
― Vladimir Nabokov
“It is a curious thing, the death of a loved one. We all know that our time in this world is limited, and that eventually all of us will end up underneath some sheet, never to wake up. And yet it is always a surprise when it happens to someone we know. It is like walking up the stairs to your bedroom in the dark, and thinking there is one more stair than there is. Your foot falls down, through the air, and there is a sickly moment of dark surprise as you try and readjust the way you thought of things.”
― Lemony Snicket, Horseradish: Bitter Truths You Can’t Avoid
“Of all the words of mice and men, the saddest are, “It might have been.”
- Kurt Vonnegut
“After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.”
― Aldous Huxley
“Eventually something you love is going to be taken away. And then you will fall to the floor crying. And then, however much later, it is finally happening to you: you’re falling to the floor crying thinking, “I am falling to the floor crying,” but there’s an element of the ridiculous to it — you knew it would happen and, even worse, while you’re on the floor crying you look at the place where the wall meets the floor and you realize you didn’t paint it very well.”
― Richard Siken
“I dream my painting and I paint my dream.”
― Vincent van Gogh
“you can’t make homes out of human beings
someone should have already told you that”
― Warsan Shire
You think I’ll be the dark sky so you can be the star? I’ll swallow you whole.”
― Warsan Shire 4 months ago
I’m still so torn. I have no idea what I’m majoring in. I love English and history, but I love art as well. Sigh.
U of Toronto
Simmons 4 months ago
92. Sustainable agriculture
94. the relationship between space and human thought
96. fishing boats
97. The song “where can I go?” by Laura Marling
98. my families tradition of going to Benihana on Christmas eve
100. my brother 7 months ago
The next states i’d really like to visit are
Maine (might be studying here!)
Georgia 7 months ago
I’m kinda sad that I only have a third of the series left! 9 months ago
3. The Rosetta Stone
5. The Biddenden Maids
6. The 1980 eruption of Mount St. Helens
7. Anti-tobacco movement in Nazi Germany
8. Assata Shakur
9. The Dodo Bird
10. 1 − 2 + 3 − 4 + ···
11. Mary Wollstonecraft
12. Cat’s Eye Nebula
13. Rutherford B. Hayes
14. Formation of the solar system
15. Globular clusters
16. The Great Red Spot
17. Florence, Italy
19. bone structure
20. The Minnesota State Fair
21. Sustainable agriculture
22. Tampons 10 months ago
Halfway done with the first season! This show is way too addicting 10 months ago