So January has gone – and it was a great start to the year for me. I’ve got a number of tedious but necessary admin tasks out of the way – some of which had been hanging about for ages. The intention was to clear the decks of major admin tasks but the space created has already been filled by new possibilities in the area. Ah well!
Heath-wise I’m really pleased. Apart from an interesting blip this weekend I have my low-carb eating back in place and an exercise regime re-instated that I’m very happy with at this time. Fasting blood sugars are back in a good range (other than this morning’s…) and I’ve been feeling bright, clear-headed and energetic. My mood has been stable, although B would disagree with that! I’ll summarise that under another goal.
Specifically, looking at the targets I set in this first chapter, January now looks like this:
• Mindfulness focus: let go of control – ongoing
I’ve been trying unsuccessfully to format this entry and every time the comments I want to add about letting go of control refuse to appear. So I’m going to practise ‘letting go of control’ and let the entry be just as it is! :D
• re-establishing my exercise routine – achieved
better than I’d envisaged now I’ve joined my walking group
• returning to low-carbing – achieved
• establishing a good oral hygiene routine – improving
still learning some interesting things about what works best for me. Shall continue with this next month
• arriving at work on time – achieved
I’m arriving everywhere on time these days!
• changing my passwords – achieved
• clear my inbox – achieved
• complete my flat rental accounts – achieved
• prepare my budget for the coming year – achieved
• starting the grand blitz of the clutter – achieved
• discussing Mum’s health difficulties with my sisters – achieved
• exploring some opportunities to volunteer – achieved
need to wait for a response now
January has been joyful and jubilant.
Now I’m fired-up for a great frugal but fulfilling February! 1 month ago