Much respect to you. 2 days ago
Not much difference since the last update; limited caffeine, still some processed sugary foods (the hardest habit to break…), taking the stairs as much as possible, cutting down on bread, drinking more water, working out a couple of times a week.
I’ve got some probiotics and enzymes coming in the post. 2 days ago
- having a decent job at the moment,
- sleeping 8 hours last night and 10 the night before (a rarity on a work night),
- having a pile of books to read over the winter
- it being Friday today. 2 days ago
Overzealously deleted goals but I like this one so I’m setting it back up again! I’m using this website to help get my home under control.
http://unfuckyourhabitat.tumblr.com/ 3 days ago
2: shampoo and hair lotion to coworker
3: two bottles of face lotion and two tubes of face gel to a friend 3 days ago
- several samples
- a tube of hand cream
- a bar of Lush soap I had been hoarding because it smells too good and is a limited edition.
- three pens
- two notebooks
Kind of empties:
- been careful about food waste so I have been eating my way through my freezer and the “pantry”, which is actually two big plastic storage drawers in the tatami room.
Pasta, green beans, tempeh, various seeds, nuts, dried fruits, cereals, bread going stale revamped as crunchy garlic toast,etc. The only thing I really need to be careful of now is to not buy more than one fresh soy product at a time as they only keep a week or so and I don’t eat tofu or okara more than once a week.
Put back into use:
- These things fall in and out of favor very fast, but my hand weights and kettlebells are being used daily
- A very nice scented candle from Thann and some Mariage Freres incense
- Bobble water bottle and two SIGG bottles
- Every lip gloss, balm and chapstick I own. I’ve got 5 in my bag and another 5 dotted about the house. Ridiculous, I know.
- Burt’s Bees hand salve and a pot of Lush face cream sit on my desk at work. I’ve been going make-up free at work save for a bit of mascara so that I can moisturize my skin regularly throughout the day. I could do with some foundation coverage to be honest, but my priority is comfortable skin right now.
Soon to be used:
- Going for a crafternoon next weekend at a friend’s house so I’ll be sharing my supplies with everyone. Origami paper, glitter, wrapping paper, ribbons, bows, stickers, washi tape, it’ll be a free for all :-) 3 days ago
Hooped to Carbon Airways “Black Sun” and DJ Missil. Only waist hooping so as not to destroy my TV, but kept the rotations fast and on the beat. 3 days ago
I haven’t been randomly web surfing for around a week now. Email checking limited to a couple of times a day, and less checking throughout the day at work too.
I think that using flashcards for study during my commute has been helpful.
I’ve been making sure that I don’t use any devices with wifi open when I watch a film or TV series; I used to watch with one eye on the film and one eye on a website.
Also making a point of reading one book at a time at the moment. I’m currently reading a book on ADHD. I do not have ADHD (as far as I know) but I was wondering if any of the techniques prescribed would be useful. One suggestion was using lots of sticky notes as reminders and just sticking them in any room they might be helpful. That is actually helping me, as I’m very forgetful. 1 week ago
I use flashcards all the time during my commute now, so I’m getting a good hour or so of practice a day. 1 week ago
It’s a bit different over here sadly. I keep hearing about dropping things off at Goodwill, I wish something like that would kick off! (I’m in Japan) 2 weeks ago
Still drinking some, but less in general. Need to eliminate it completely as I’m so susceptible to stress and anxiety. Working on it.
Bought a kilo of organic dates to replace other kinds of sugary treats as much as possible.
Trying to sit up straight and roll back my shoulders every time I think of it.
Showering religiously every evening to get rid of the day’s city germs. Making sure I don’t touch my face in general.
Made an amazing vegan mushroom and soy milk soup. Next time I’ll avoid frying the onion in any oil as it pooled at the surface, making it not as healthy as it could have been, but delicious nonetheless.
Continuing supplements 2 weeks ago
It won’t be enough to get me through the test, but I’m chipping away. Not panicking, quite serene, enjoying the process.
I would LOVE to finish the batch of six textbooks I’ve accumulated though; not related to the test itself, would be just nice to shelve them. Kind of part of my “use what I have” goal… 3 weeks ago
Went to the bay, saw ships, yellowing ginkgo leaves, senior citizens hanging out and painting, people photographing roses and trees, a marathon passing through, the ship’s horn sounding, a hawk swooping and riding in air currents just over our heads. I love this place so much. It’s truly a great time in my life that I will cherish forever, when I’ve moved on to other places. 3 weeks ago
A pot of aloe body gel.
Took a bunch of cosmetics to work, it is after all where I spend most of my time…
Also took some herbal teabags that had been hanging around for a while in my cupboard. Started drinking the dandelion tea I bought a year or so ago. 3 weeks ago
Taking lunch to work today: pasta, tomato sauce, red onion and soy ham, topped with nutritional yeast.
Had a herbal tea and a big glass of water instead of a coffee this morning. Must remember to pack painkillers in my bag in case I try a no coffee day…
I’m having issues with clenching my teeth at night again, leaving my tongue and gums feeling irritated in the morning. 3 weeks ago
A pair of shoes that are too big, going to a coworker today. 3 weeks ago
Um, so I wrote a 30-day “program” and basically immediately forgot all about it. In the last three weeks I’ve been walking quite a lot and taking the stairs more often, but I cant say I’ve been on a “program”.
I think I’ll have to start putting up post-its to remind myself of all of these projects… 4 weeks ago
I started putting together a kit for the side table next to the sofa: so far it’s got lip balm, hand cream, an orange stick, pen, highlighter, notebook and post-its. I’m thinking of adding a couple of envelopes, sheets of writing paper and postcards to it to encourage me to write more… 4 weeks ago
Lots of products finished in the last month including things I’d had for a couple of years: hair mousses and sprays (5 in total, 2 more nearly used up), bath bombs and salts (all of them), face masks.
A couple of soap dispensers are refilled and back in use and the nabe pot has come back out and is in use.
Aside from organizing the kitchen sink cupboard, I think my evening project will be to make little “kits” of useful stuff for my bags and each room. Taking cues from grandmonster putting pens and notebooks in every room. 4 weeks ago
No strategies set up yet. Random thoughts:
- stop multitasking for a couple of weeks to see if that feels betters
- no computer time before bed
- use flashcards or do number/word games in the morning during my commute
- start to reduce caffeine intake and up fresh fruits and veg
- work on posture (direct effect on brain) 4 weeks ago
Recycled at H&M. Will buy some socks with a voucher I got in exchange and give away the other vouchers.
Out: cheap, dodgy lamp that looks like a fire hazard. A pair of tatty shoes, a broken photo frame and a very scratched frame, a pair of scissors that I could not sharpen enough no matter how much I tried.
Stacked in the donation box: keyboard, mouse, aquarium stuff, candle holders, books. 4 weeks ago