That I would be using the herbs and veggies from my own garden to feed my little rabbit?! He loves the herbs, especially Cilantro, Lemon Balm, and Basil! 19 months ago
Entries from everyone
I bought the wine box that I want to start my garden in as well as my variety pack of NON GMO vegetable seeds! I can’t wait to get some organic soil and to plant away!! 22 months ago
1. Lemon Balm (Melissa officinalis)- tastes great with Lavender and Geranium, acts as a tranquilizer, aides a nervous stomach, colic, and safe and recommended for children.
2. Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia)- antiseptic, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, anti-convulsive and anti-depressant properties.
3. German Chamomile (Matricaria recutita)- Chest colds, Sore throats, Abscesses Gum inflammation (gingivitis), Anxiety, Insomnia, Psoriasis, Acne, Eczema, Minor first-degree burns, inflammatory bowel disease, Stomach ulcers, chickenpox, diaper rash, and colic.
4. Calendula (Calendula officinalis)- cuts, scrapes, abrasions, scalds, blisters, acne, rashes, diaper rash, chicken pox outbreaks, and athlete’s foot, and bee stings.
5. English Broadleaf Thyme (Thymus vulgaris)- intestinal worms, gastrointestinal ailments, bronchial problems, laryngitis, diarrhea, anti- fungal, lice and scabies.
6. Yarrow (Achillea millefolium)- taken during fevers causes the body to perspire, increase appetite, kidney and urinary tract cleanser.
7. Shepherd’s Purse (Casella bursa pastoris)- lower blood pressure, healing wounds and internal and external bleeding, and assist with easing the menstrual flow.
8. Milk Thistle (Silybum marianum)- treat liver cirrhosis, hepatitis, and gallbladder disorders.
9. Stinging Nettles (Urtica dioica)- painful muscles and joints, eczema, arthritis, gout, and anemia Here are two companies from which we like to purchase our seeds and bulk herbs, both are very earth friendly, conscious and trust worthy companies. Seeds of Change and Mountain Rose Herbs.
It is never too late to start exploring healing herbs and taking care of yourself and your family to ensure optimal health. It is also excellent when you find a health practitioner that shares the same health conscious and preventative holistic practices that you believe in and trust. 22 months ago
o Rosemary 2 years ago
I have successfully grown some things before, but I am committed to having a garden with enough variety to make an impact on my grocery bill. I am sick of buying produce that is ugly, expensive and has no flavor. I am excited at the prospect of including my 2 1/2 year old in the process and therefore increasing his awareness and love of not only HOW things grow, but how much flavor veggies truly have. I am going to be doing a lot of reading the next couple of weeks on planning, seeding, planting, etc. We just bought our first house and I think renting has really been a detriment to me never planting a garden. 7 years ago