We have already paid the entrance fee and formed a team of four – 2 Latvians and 2 Lithuanians :3
Feels awesome to know that we are going on this amazing adventure. There is loads of stuff that we still need to do, including some serious shaping up until July :3 18 months ago
Part of the requirements for the Mongol Rally is that you have to use an old/shabby/funny/artistic car to drive it.
It used to be that there was an engine capacity requirement of less than 1 liter (now it’s 1.2 liters).
In any case, I read this, and said, you know what the Mongol Rally (and the world needs)? A 1986 NISSAN PULSAR. Oh yeah, baby.
My insane plan so far:
1. Get a 1986 Nissan Pulsar in decent condition. (Preferably in grey interior).
2. Fix it up to as perfect as I can get it.
2a. Go on a couple of shakedown smaller rallies in the US
3. Save up money for the Mongol Rally, arrange time off work, etc.
4. Ship the car across the Atlantic to England.
5. Run the Mongol Rally with my wife, in the pulsar.
Well, step 1 is now accomplished, as of this weekend. Stay tuned for steps 2-6. 3 years ago
seems pretty interesting… 5 years ago