96. First solo trip.
97. First time crossing the border (as the driver).
98. Tried crab cakes.
99. Tried Mahi Mahi.
100. Bison Burgers. Made them and tried bison meat for the first time.
101. Made Seared Sesame Tuna Steaks.
102. First Visit to Ellicott Creek Park.5 days ago
95. Eta Aquarids Meteor Shower. I’ve seen the meteor showers in December and August, but generally the weather is too questionable to catch this one, in May. But last night was clear and I managed to catch just one meteor but it was worth it. A beautiful bright tail so no question! 2 weeks ago
94. Learning to Drive a Standard/ Stick Shift Today I had my first lesson, which went very well and I’m encouraged to continue! This is something that’s been on my life list for a long time and I’m so glad to finally be doing it. 3 weeks ago
92. Baby Duck Rescue! Yesterday, when we got home from a birthday dinner for my mom, we saw animal rescue and the police across the street. We went over to see if there was anything we could do.
The woman from animal rescue couldn’t get the storm grate off to reach the baby ducklings which had fallen into it. So, our friend N told her how to get it off (there are bolts to remove, it’s not just a crowbar job) and Z went to get tools to remove the bolts himself.
Once they’d removed it, she was able to scoop them out and I wrapped them in towels. The ones we were able to save should be fine and the woman from the SPCA took down our names to send us a progress report.
It was my first time holding baby ducks!!
93. Burnt Almond Dessert Coffee. Tried this for dessert last night. Coffee, Kahlua and Amaretto. OMG delicious. 3 weeks ago
91. Teaching my first ever full college lecture!
I was sitting in PDEs today when I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was the woman that I work for. She pulled me out of class (yes my own class) to say that her son was sick, she needed to go get him and that I needed to teach her lecture… in twenty minutes!
Thankfully her notes were detailed and it wasn’t too different from when I teach my recitations. Still, it’s material I’ve never taught before and have only had exposure to once previously, when I took it as a student. So… I had to basically wing it.
Overall, it went pretty well and I’ve officially taught my first ever full college lecture :) 4 weeks ago
86. Kung Fu Panda I & II I can’t believe I’ve never seen these before.
87. Psychic Tea. This was quite the interesting experience.
88. Bleu Cheese and Fig scone. Pretty good!
89. Berry and Rose (flower) Scone. Disgusting. Tasted like I drank old lady perfume.
90. First 3D movie – Jurassic Park! Loved it. 1 month ago
84. Thai Orchid Cafe. Went here tonight for dinner with friends from school.
85. Thai Food. This was the first time I’ve ever tried it. Pretty good, I’d go back and try more! 2 months ago
83. The Dark Knight Rises. I liked this the least of the series. It had nice moments, but overall I’ll pass. The villain this time was awful. Dull, predictable, over dramatic to the point of just being ridiculous. Every time I heard him speak I laughed. The last ten minutes were the best part of the whole thing. 3 months ago
77. The Artist. A modern day silent film. Very unique and, while it dragged a bit in the middle, I enjoyed it.
78. The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. This was recommended to me by a friend at school. It was…interesting. Some parts were dumb, some were funny and some were visually stunning. It makes me curious what the books are like and if I’d have liked it better having read them first.
79. Went to Polar Bites. A fundraiser to support the Buffalo Zoo.
80. Ahi Tuna Nachos. One of the things I tried at Polar Bites. According to their menu, it’s seared tuna on a homemade nacho with Asian salad and wasabi vinaigrette.
81. Fig balsamic vinegar with vanilla ice cream. Interesting. I didn’t care for it with the vanilla ice cream but the vinegar itself was delicious. I would have loved it on fresh berries.
82. Home smoked bacon in crab and maple butter. Also delicious. 3 months ago
74. Kahlua Flavored coffee. I don’t know if it tasted like Kahlua, but it smelled fantastic and tasted delicious anyways.
75. Coffee Mate Coffee Creamer. Not bad but not great. A bit oily for my taste. I’ll stick to milk.
76. The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel. Saw this tonight. It was…solid, I’d say. Not life altering, but pretty good. 3 months ago