621. Jug Face – yes…I really watched a movie called Jug Face. It was actually better than it sounds, but not great by any standards.
622. Thor: Darkworld – I liked it…I didn’t think I would enjoy this whole grouping of superhero movies that has been coming out the last few years…but I actually have really been entertained by them.
623. Mama – one of the best horror movies I’ve seen in a while. Genuinely creepy. Description: Guillermo del Toro presents Mama, a supernatural thriller that tells the haunting tale of two little girls who disappeared into the woods the day that their mother was murdered.
624. Pitch Perfect – Cute, heartwarming, and a little bit of girl power.
625. Scooby Doo: Curse of the Lake Monster – horrible live action Scooby doo movie…worse than the one with Freedie Prinz Jr.
626. The Village Barbershop – Description: A fading smalltime barber is forced to hire the last person on earth he’d want working in his shop – a woman – slow moving and a little depressing in parts, but a really good movie.
627. My Blueberry Nights – Description – A young woman takes a soul-searching journey across America to resolve her questions about love while encountering a series of offbeat characters along the way. – hard to watch in parts, but overall a very good movie.
628. The First Time – Coming of age (loss of virginity) story. I liked it and thought it treated the subject fairly well.
629. Seven Psychopaths – just what you would expect.
630. Inside Llewellyn Davis – A week in the life of a young singer as he navigates the Greenwich Village folk scene of 1961. – I didn’t like it, but it was a good movie.
631. Devil’s Pass – I went into this thinking it was going to be another shitty found footage movie…but it turned out much better than I expected…I really enjoyed it. Description: The Dyatlov Pass follows a group of American students on a trek to investigate the true life mystery of nine Russian skiers who befell unexplained deaths while skiing in the Russian mountains in 1959. To this day, their deaths have been one of the most bizarre unsolved mysteries of the 20th century.
632. The Marked One’s – another in the Paranormal Activity vein…awful
633. Equilibrium – Description: In a Fascist future where all forms of feeling are illegal, a man in charge of enforcing the law rises to overthrow the system. —interesting idea, decent execution, but I saw the ending coming a mile away.
634. The Secret Life of Walter Mitty – enjoyed it more than I thought I would.
635. The Returned – Interesting riff on the zombie genre…the virus is kept at bay in those who are infected with daily doses of a drug…but a shortage of that drug changes everything…it’s about zombies…but mostly it’s about human nature and how far people are willing to go to protect themselves and their loved one’s. Really enjoyed this.
636. Haunter – Description: The ghost of a teenager who died years ago reaches out to the land of the living in order to save someone from suffering her same fate. – awesome idea, decent execution, I enjoyed it.
637. Haunt – Description: A family of five moves into a beautiful, sprawling dream home. One problem: it’s cursed, having caused the deaths of the previous family to occupy it, leaving only one survivor (Jacki Weaver). —some predictable things…but overall, good and I loved the way it played out.
638. An American Ghost Story – Description: When Paul, an unemployed writer, decides to rent and live in a house that’s rumored to be haunted, he puts his life and his relationships in grave danger as he obsessively attempts to get the story that will finally make his career. —had good potential…but for a guy who was hoping to get haunted…he never did any logical things…like BACKGROUND RESEARCH before he moved in. Stupid.
639. Evidence – Found footage movie. Description: A detective hunts down a killer using video footage shot by the victims of a massacre at an abandoned gas station. —good idea, decent execution , twist ending I didn’t see coming.
640. Abandoned Mine – Description: Follows five small-town friends who decided to celebrate Halloween with an overnight adventure into the legendary “haunted” Jarvis Mine. Local legend says that a family was murdered in the mine exactly 100 years prior, and that angry spirits have occupied the mine ever since. The group becomes trapped, and their cameras catch the mysterious occurrences that follow. —typical 5 months ago