another Citroen Visa
Citroen BX estate
VW Scirocco Scala
Ford Escort Popular
VW Scirocco GT II
Renault Megane Classic
Citroen Xsara LX
The most recent one is second-owner, which is the closest I’ve ever got to a new car.
I really don’t think I would buy a brand new one though – you drop so much in depreciation, it’s not worthwhile. 6 years ago
So I bought a new, used car. I’ve learned quite a few things from it…
1. learned how to drive a manual.
2. learned never to buy a car from a “friend”
3. learned what it’s like to ride in a tow truck
4. learned the ins and outs of buying auto insurance
5. learned why I need more money
6. learned that next time I’ll get a pre-auth used car
7. learned that European cars are more $$ to fix…by far!
8. learned it will be months before I can have it fixed. 6 years ago
Eventually, I will buy a new, used car and I don’t want to spend too much on it. Honestly, I’ll take a beater-car. The kind of cars that make my mouth water are not affordable at the moment (the old Citroen, Volvos, Minis, Mercedes, and VWs), so my idea of a used car is probably more on the lines of a Mitsubishi Lancer, Kia Sephia, or any old small, automatic car with 4 doors. Honestly, it’s only got to get me from point A to B without requiring any internal (engine) work. I don’t care if it’s grandma’s little carriage (a real beater car) because afterall, I’ll still have to pay for license plates, insurance, and all that extra stuff. I think it’s better to pay outright without having to make monthly car payments! If I can get a car by the end of February, I will be VERY happy and satisfied! 7 years ago
Loans are very low interest right now. :) 8 years ago
Got a new used car! A Sentra.
LOVE. 8 years ago