While I was sat in the garden this morning, several cats appeared and shot off as soon as they noticed me. When I moved here 20-odd years ago, all the cats were friendly and would tolerate being stroked. It’s a long time since that happened, now I come to think about it.
Has the neighbourhood changed over the past couple of decades to the point that felines no longer trust strangers? Or is it just me, sending out bad vibes?! 6 months ago
is an online out-of-print bookseller or something. They’ve sent me an email headed “Use your coupon | Before it expires, friend”.
Is it just me or is there something about “Before it expires, friend” that smacks of spaghetti westerns, spittoons and narrowed eyes?
Leaving for Amazon, now, Sheriff. Don’t want no trouble. 6 months ago
Can’t help but notice the parallel between the projects of Zanna and the Emu – bringing to other nations two visually and viscously similar products, namely Lyle’s Black Treacle and Marmite.
And a small, experimentally-minded voice within me asks “And, combined? What then?”
:P 6 months ago
1. Have helped Jen and Mike settle into their new apartment this week. Am really tired, but so glad to be able to help them freely.
2. The magnificent thunderstorm, lightning, sheets of rain and hail that fell today left me kind of spellbound of Nature in her beauty.
3. Our morning walks at 5 are finally getting cooler. Still see the family of coyotes though… they keep their eyes on us as much as we do them. :-) 7 months ago
1. Woo hoo! Doctor wanted to have the one-on-one with me yesterday to explain my high numbers with the cholesterol reading. I told him I had been freaking out about it since I do most things pretty well, and that I didn’t understand. Blood sugar levels- good, chemistry- good, cholest and triglycerides- a little high. Not critical, not crucial. High because of my HDL level, which is good. Anyway. To make a short story long, I don’t have to go on any meds! Yay. I will keep my exercise routine, I’ll keep trying to loose weight, and will start taking ‘BeneFiber’ once a day. Sheese! I’m so happy.
2. We helped the kids move yesterday. Ter went off with Mike to the old place and to their storage unit. Jen looks like she’s about to pop at 8 months, so I planted her on the couch. Mike’s Grandma and I unpacked the boxes, set up the kitchen, bedroom and baby’s room. Played with Dustin, took him for a little walk later… got a lot done. Felt a good kind of tired when we got home at 5.
3. I slept sound and deep last night. And I slept in, which I rarely do. I’m off to Jen’s in a few minutes for another day. I don’t think I’m “retired” at all. :-) 7 months ago
1. Thinking of my grandson this morning. Yesterday the kids moved into their new apartment, and of course I babysat little Dustin. Later when we took him over to his “new house” he was so amazed by everything.
2. Fresh starts in life.
3. Go to doc’s for my follow-up today. I have been making small changes and taking note of them. Trying to rearrange my mode of thinking to accommodate a happier way to be, and stronger way to grow older. 7 months ago
1. My dad is going through some rough days in dealing with his wife’s cancer… my schedule is full with Dustin and Ter’s parents in Assisted Living. I feel guilty that I can’t (don’t?) make the 2-3 hour drive up to help my Dad on the weekends.
2. My sister Carol called for our weekly ‘hello’ yesterday. Thoughts of my family are equally positive and negative.
3. I feel tremendous dread for the upcoming ‘follow-up’ with my doctor this Monday. I fear he will put me on meds, and I don’t want that… but I know I may need them. 7 months ago
1. The first night of Nick not living here, wasn’t what I expected. I became kinda weepy and melancholy and couldn’t sleep. I finally reached across my nightstand for my cell and called him… I can’t believe I did that!
2. Listening to uncomfortable thoughts, turning them over in my mind and letting them rest before choosing to act on them, or not.
3. Letting the positive energy of h.g. happiness and joy joie visit me at different times throughout the day. I really enjoy their fb posts. 7 months ago
1. Spending the weekend with a friend of mine at her cabin in Big Bear. It was a much-needed outing for me and a good opportunity for her to let go of a lot of pent-up frustration… we surely helped each other.
2. Nick started the big move yesterday after I got home. Nick head over to the rental office to sign the papers while Ter and I drove the the first truck load of furniture over to his new apartment.
3. Seeing Dustin’s reaction to the White Mouse hand puppet I bought him (up in Big Bear) was pure happiness. I held it up in my hand, and started talking like “a little mouse” (I guess) and he just loved it. He was laughing so sweetly, it pretty much melted my heart. 7 months ago
1. Ter and I saw three coyotes on our walk yesterday morning at 5. I shined the flashlight out into the big field off the Pacific Electric Trail and I saw their eyes detecting us and one started to pace us. It was exciting to see them… we (people) intrude not only on their home habitat, but at this time of morning, their feeding routine as well.
2. I made a positive start to my change in diet yesterday… it showed up with a small weight loss on the scale this morning. I must keep this in the forefront and do the good thing for myself.
3. Spent a lot of sweet “outdoor-time” with Dustin in the morning hours yesterday. It’s hard for us to be cooped up in the kid’s apartment all day. The summer has been so hot so we stay in but yesterday, we “escaped!” 7 months ago