We moved 43T to virtual cloud on Monday morning. Besides problems with bounce emails all seems to be humming well. Our average time to generate a page improved and errors decreased. 2 years ago
Entries from everyone
We are in process of replacing web servers which some of them have been with us since the beginning and adding a new ones.
- 7 new servers will be put into production by the end of next week.
- adding 28G of memory for memcache
- planning to switch master db with a slave db box since it’s newer and faster
- going to re-index entries and comments tables
- changing architecture of www.43places.com, www.allconsuming.net, www.43people.com and www.listsofbests.com setup to offload traffic from master database to farm of slave servers
- planning to speed up search by doing it locally on each box rather then doing it across NFS mounted drives
- I can not forget about the code optimization in progress
Hopefully this all will contribute to speed and stability of 43T. 4 years ago
Man I love doing Webkinz but it loads too slow. Luckliy with this in my hands I’m sure to get this done 5 years ago
I’m doing a bunch of refactoring. Today I’m turning a lot of code that looks like this:
if thing.nil? || thing.empty?
if thing.blank? 5 years ago
We’re not quite done with the new database load balancing setup, but one side effect of what we’re working on is that pages are about 25-50% faster for logged in users. You can check out Ivan’s diagram of the setup on the blog:
For a 4 day class focusing on performance tuning. We’ve already found 2 things that we can try… 5 years ago
We’re taking a 3 day class about “MySQL High Availability”. The first day was mostly stuff we already know about replication, but we should start covering clustering which should be interesting. 6 years ago
It took a little bit, but with Ivan’s help, things seem pretty fast and stable now.
Sweetness! 6 years ago