No1 and 7 : got my exam and this is the big life changer
No2/3/4 all go together : haven’t done anything about these yet but I forgive myself… start in september
No5 : goes with No1 : good things on the horizon. Not done too badly but I will have to keep making an effort to keep up to date with finance
8/9 : house and insurance: can’t really move this one on but have a court date in january
11 : positive people : this one I will continue concentrating on as I haven’t had time to socialize much over the past year so no new friendships, but I have met some great people through my course
All in all my life is different from this time last year and is much more positive. I’m still only at the start of many other changes to come. 3 months ago
Well, I would like…
to have a new job (a full-time job);
to live in a new town/city;
to be financially independant;
to have some new hobbies;
to have some new friends;
to have a place of my own (or sharing with someone, but not my parents);
...yeah, quite a lot to achieve maybe, but I so need this. I’m going to give myself until the end of May 2015 to achieve this, but hopefully it will be sooner, hopefully just a few months. 5 months ago
•I got a small raise in Jan. So, I guess this part of my goals are completed, but I’m going to keep wroking hard so I can get more money sooner rather than later.
•Slowly working on getting better clothes.
•Haven’t really lost weight, with the pain it’s been just too hard to try to keep up with right now. I’m trying to fix one thing at a time… and it’s all I can do right now.
• I’m still kinda hard on myself, but I think I’ve been a little better. When I’m exhausted, I take a nap. I know that’s a stupid pro for this, but I wasn’t taking naps, trying to get everything done… and it was affecting me. So, if I’m too tired, I just sleep. It’s not a big step, but it’s one in the rigth direction.
• My husband is talking to the loan officer now to obtain a loan as quickly and easily as possible once we get the money, THEN in June (or around then) we will start looking for houses!!! We have somewhat agreed on an area… (I’ve been stubborn about where I’m willing to live, but we want to have kids, and I want the best I can give them).
• Was breifly pregnant, maybe next time I’ll make it until I have a child. I guess I should have been more specific of my goal. Have a child. That’s the end goal here.
•Haven’t really been working on learning languages, haven’t had much time lately, but I hope to get this checked off sooner than later. I should have some time now that the boat is in the water… I have a little less to do because a lot of what I was busy doing was trying to get ready to get the boat in the water… 7 months ago
Happy birthday! Today the Sun returns to the position it was in when you were born.
As would seem appropriate with this transit, today is a day of new beginnings, and the influences you feel today will affect the entire year to come. However, this does not mean that the whole year will be disappointing if today doesn’t work out exactly as planned. You are receiving a new impulse from the energy center within you, as symbolized by the Sun. Therefore any new venture that you start at this time will ride the crest of this new energy and will very likely come to an acceptable conclusion. Whatever you do or begin today will bear the stamp of your individuality more than anything else. This is the day to assert yourself anew. 8 months ago
I’m living in a different place, I’m a single mom and the head of my household now, and I’ve gone back to making art.
I would say that my life is completely different.
There are parts of my current life that are challenging, and bad days where I wonder if we’ll be able to make it, but I’m not sorry that I moved.
I just have to work out how to replace the job that cut my hours with a second job, and/or increase my sales on eBay.
In a lot of ways, I’m blessed that I’m not in an unequal and abusive situation anymore.
Now I just have to work out how to keep supporting us now that my hours are cut back at work. 9 months ago
leaving the 2-yearlife in that city behind, I finally stepped on the road and moving forward.
wake up in parents’ house sleeping more than 10 hours.
I’m starting slow.
If life is a travel, I’m now in a transit point after getting on board.
Things will be different and better.
Congratulations! 10 months ago
Have been away from 43Things for some time, cos I’ve been busy… studying…! I don’t remember what I meant by totally different life but now I have completely different priorities in life so I think I have achieved this goal…! 10 months ago
Next Dec. 23 I’d like my life to be different:
- more money at my job, whether this be through a promotion or just a raise, either way.
- better clothes! I want to look the way I WANT to look, not the way I do. I want to wear nice things, that present myself the way I want to be presented.
- lose weight! (for real this time, I hope). I’m planning on going gluten free for the month of Jan. to see if it will help me with any of my pain, and I’m hoping that it will also help me lose weight. If it helps with anything, I’m hoping I can keep it up in Feb. too. I’m also planning on going to the gym more. The problem with that is it’s a double edged sword with me. The gym makes my back hurt, but the only way to make my back better is the gym… sigh.
- Be a little gentler with myself. I am still hard on myself, and I need to be better about that.
- Buy a house. A home. Someplace that we love, that we can raise a family in. Somewhere that will feel like home to our future children.
- Get pregnant. Like seriously, this is on my mind all the time now. I guess it’s that clock people talk about all the time. Anyhow, once we get out of the in-laws house I hope to make this a reality.
- Learn portuguese! It’s been a goal of mine for a long time, but I finally found a free language app for my phone, and this could actually be a reality, I hope. A little bit every day, hopefully I’ll get there and by the end of the year, I’ll have a pretty good grasp on it. 11 months ago
So, It’s a little after Dec. 16. But Eh, I was busy??
Anyhow how did I do?
I think I did okay. We have some money in a savings account, I have a 401K now, so I have finally invested SOMETHING somewhere (and I’m getting 23% on my investments, thank you very much). I got a new position at my work, and I like it at least a little better than my last. (I actually don’t mind the work at all, and like that part quite a bit better than previously, however, I’m having some issues with the other girl I work with being a huge b… so there’s that. I really have been closer with my husband, and I have to make a real effort, but I’ve been better at helping around the house. I have not lost weight… and I guess I sort of gave up, but I’m hoping next year I can. Moneywise, beyond investing, we’re actually really well off for the time being. We found someone to rent our place and until we get a lump sum next year, we’re staying at his parents house and we’re pocketing half of the rent. It’s not easy, because I really have no business living with other adults, but, I know it will be worth it. I really didn’t do better with clothes AT ALL this year, but I think I’ll be better next year, especially now that I have more $ to spend on it, as well as uniforms for work, so I won’t ruin my clothes any more. Definitely made a few new friends this year, and they’re wonderful, so that’s a happy note. Things are looking up compared to last year, and I hope to keep that going. 11 months ago
My life as it stands:
I have a new job with great independence and flexibility, but it also carries a lot more risk.
I found more space by clearing out clutter.
By next spring I’d like to finally get the relationship part solid.
By next summer, I’d like to have my own place again.
Eating healthy has been a struggle but I’m taking it day by day.
I find the things that have helped me most are those that help clear the mind: prayer and a good vacation.
I went away to an island in the Florida Keys to find solitude and to think, to set up a plan, and when I came back from vacation I set that plan in motion. Three weeks later I gave a notice the old firm.
Step by step, I’m on my way. 11 months ago
I’m in the `next year’ of last year where i resolved to have a total different life by the time of `now’. yet, i’m still here, same place.
I’m planning to leave on 1st Jan 2014. now, i have to try my best to complete my self-study and find a job and a place to rent. I’m quite startle right now. I want everything be ready when the time comes. I’m no longer cool & brave enough to be spontaneous on the spot. Is this nature of life, that everyone takes up their own burden on own shoulders? 12 months ago
It’s hard to come up with big long term goals when you can’t imagine a positive future, but here goes:
1. Become a really fit person who loves exercise and gets outdoors a lot. I want to run everyday, and maybe start lifting or doing boxing. Also would like to go on hikes or even fix up my bike and go biking.
2. Improve my mood. Be able to wake up each morning and look forward to the day. Or at least not dread it. And not assume the worst possible outcome for everything.
3. Be less cynical. I think being skeptical an cynical is healthy, its good to have a clear view of reality but for me its gotten to the point where I just can’t see the good in anything or the point of anything, and its paralysing.
4. Be a ridiculously productive person and very focused. Be and stay super organised. Be a total neat freak. (I think the two go hand in hand).
5. Find a second job that is stable and pays enough that I can maintain my lifestyle and put away a decent amount of savings.
6. Plan when/where how I am going to move out (I don’t expect to accomplish this by next year but if I do then that’s a bonus).
7. Get back into music again. Become brilliant at guitar. Find people to practice with.
8. Volunteer or become politically active in some way.
9. Let go of any baggage I’ve been holding onto, get rid of people and things that bring me down.
10. Be comfortable with myself. Learn not to take criticism to heart too much. Stop imagining people are looking at me like there’s something wrong with me. 12 months ago
I added this goal when my daughter was born. This is obviously going to be the biggest change…being a mother. Being completely responsible for someone else’s life…! But I think I’m finally starting to get the hang of it. Everything I do revolves around her and her needs. And I don’t mind one bit. Yes, its hard, but so amazing. :)
The next big change to come, we are moving!! John got a job in Oklahoma and we will be moving in 2-3 months. Not completely sure of all the details just yet. Its a scary thought, being all alone somewhere with no family, but I think it will be good for us. 1) I think we need to get away from our families. While I love both of our families, they are a great source of stress for us. For me, I often feel like his family is a little too involved and he makes too many decisions with his parents without me. For example, he decides what holidays we will be spending with his parents. I was really upset when he just TOLD me that we were going to be spending our first Christmas as a married couple at his parents house. Not that its a huge deal, but being farther away will make it so he kind of has to ask me about stuff like this. 2) My family is so dysfunctional. They are constantly fighting and treating each other terribly. Especially my parents. I need to be away from it. It stresses me out SO much, and me being upset upsets John. And 3) we (mostly me) need a fresh start. An opportunity to be who I want to be and not have to worry about all the baggage I have here. I have so much trouble making big changes in my life because I feel like people are looking at me like I’m trying to be someone I not, and that’s not the case at all. Just trying to be who I’m suppose to be. Not sure if that makes any sense, but…just how I feel. 13 months ago
*Losing a little weight, but not anything WOW
worthy. I’ve been having problems with injuring myself…over and over and over again, which has really put a hamper in exercising, but I have been eating better, so I’m getting there. Just slower than I’d like to.
- Started with taking over finances for our family. Why? Because we need transparency as a couple!
- Started my 401K and I’m happy with that and counting it as my investment for the year. I can borrow against it, and it’s adding up faster than I thought it would at 3%.
*My schedule is benefitting my goal to do more around the house …every other week. On my early weeks, I am able to help out, but on my late weeks, it’s late enough that I can’t do anything when I get home, but early enough that I can’t really get anything done before I leave. Such is life, I guess. Me and my husband need to work on things in general though, because I’d like to have children in the near future, but I just find that I am not sure that I want my kids raised the way he does. It could be a big problem… but we’re going to work through it.
*I’ve been actually wearing makeup and contacts to work, and starting to buy new clothes that I actually like. I have a ways to go, but I’m happy with the things I’ve bought in the last few weeks, and been getting rid of the things I don’t like any longer.
*Made a really great new friend. So, there’s that. 14 months ago