1. For being able to take daughter to school later today, and therefore sleep in!
2. For my fiance ringing just to see if I was ok.
3. For lovely weather.
4. For my daughter being so helpful this morning.
5. For my friends 6 years ago
Get rewarded for your shopping skills on Shop for Fun
Shop for Fun is an online fashion game where you build a dream wardrobe and create outfits to win Amazon gift certificates.
1. For being able to take daughter to school later today, and therefore sleep in!
I will do this goal, starting from 30th November, 2006, finish, 30th November 2007 6 years ago
1. For my wonderful fiance
2. For my beautiful daughter
3. For my beautiful son
4. For great weather
5. For the great time we had together on our walk this afternoon 6 years ago
One of the things I love about these groups is the volume of gratitudes I have the privilege of reading, so I am heading over there since more poeple post more regularly. 6 years ago
I am marking this as “done” but only because I now have this goal basically listed twice. So, as of today I’m going to start posting my daily gratitudes under the other similarly named goal. 6 years ago
Somehow this particular thread was split in two, most likely because of a change in wording by one of the members at some point. NYCinephile is working to see how he can merge the two back together, but in the meantime, you may hop over, be inspired, filled with gratitude, and cheer the others over
here. 6 years ago
Raspberry Tea, filling my mouth, my belly and my soul
Rehearsal for Velveteen Rabbit last night, especially the ride there and back with Dana… LOL funny how THAT is the highlight.
My daughter Katherine got “promoted” in “High School Musical” and is now playing… can’t remember her name, the young woman who plays the piano and actually WRITES the musical. I can’t imagine a role more suited to her… and since this is her first show at this particular theatre, I am incredibly thrilled for her on oodles of levels.
My continued voluminous writing – great stuff is springing forth…. Hooray!
Ridiculously long and lush phone call with My Muse, proving that phone time of that length does not end in the teen years… I certainly never had phone calls that long in the teen years… and speaking of which….
I am grateful for my unlimited long distance, LOL
My morning pages practice. Always gives my gifts that feed my spirit and the other writing I am doing or the projects I am creating… so so so so good. 6 years ago
1. The hour during my lunch break that I got to be out in the sun!
2. I finally have the resolve and positive motivation to start going back to the gym tonight.
3. Even though I’m not going to be able to finish NaNoWriMo this year, I still ended up with a great idea for a novel that I can explore at whatever pace I want.
4. I remembered to drink WATER today instead of diet coke. I’ve been meaning to do that for a while but kept forgetting. Hopefully now I can make it a habit again!
5. All the cheers and comments I receive on my goals and entries that brighten my day everyday! 6 years ago
1. My decision to launch my new Writing Prompts ezine, something people have asked me to do for a long time, that has lots of possibilities beyond just a writing prompt ezine (and for which I already put, in a couple hours, 16 issues “in the can” evn though we don’t publish until January 9 … kind of like a whole bunch of gratitudes in one!)
2. Monday morning, my bright white canvas to craft the week upon. It is going to be a phenomenal week!
3. Enjoying some time with Craig last night, actually going on a date-like thing with him, out of the blue. Now, that is different… and I was grateful to be “sprung” from the house at night given the car situation.
4. Talking to Emma about “Pleasantville” last night – that look on her face as we discussed this movie which at 9-years-old, she completely “got” and felt the strong compulsion to talk about it. When I saw it for the first time… when it first came out, there were times I couldn’t watch and I paced in the movie theatre, because I so related to the black-and-whiteness and the color yearning to be let out of me……… and now, years later – I am “in color” all the time.
5. Cancelling rehearsal last night because the logistics were too out-of-control, which gave Emma extra time to work on her Oral Language project, it gave her the ability to enjoy “Molly” with Katherine (and me, when I got home), it gave Morning the chance to work on that wild set she is building.
6. Another fire in the fireplace last night
7. A cool, rainy morning today, which makes me want to cuddle up with a quilt and drink tea on the couch in front of another warm fire… which I just may do in a couple hours! 6 years ago
I am grateful for the music of Alasdair Fraser, keeping me company as I attempt to write on this fair, chilly Sunday morning.
I am grateful for my morning pages practice and my current notebook, which is almost full – especially since Emma and Sam wrote on my pages for tomorrow… which I had carefully pre-dated and labeled, which for some reason keeps me on task with
I am grateful for Hank, being my sweet walking companion.
I am grateful for the plentiful supply of books which surround me, every day, in every aspect of my journey.
I am grateful for the wisdom of Martha Graham, Marianne Williamson, Julia Cameron, Natalie Goldberg and Anne Lamott… exceptional women.
I am grateful for the resonance of piano and the surprise I always feel on the first note of a drum which has the capacity to join with my heart instantaneously.
I am grateful for boldly creative people.
I am grateful for Katherine, who is home with me today. Hi, sweet Katherine!
I am grateful for Coffee and Special K, which I will be eating in just a moment. 6 years ago
1. It was a beautiful day today and I spent a long time outside taking pictures of trees and pets. It was a really enjoyable way to spend part of the afternoon and the weather was perfect.
2. I had a nice conversation with my dad on the way to help him pick out a Christmas tree.
3. I am grateful for the entertaining dream I had just before waking up this morning.
4. My mom’s childlike excitement about putting up her Christmas tree and decorating for the holidays – I hope it’s contagious!
5. At this point, ECU is beating NC State – yay! I hope I don’t jinx the lead by writing that I’m grateful for it! 6 years ago
1. The quiet, peaceful night last night building and enjoying the fire.
2. My children’s responses to the quiet through creativity
3. Giving myself permission to have a day of extreme respite
4. Completing NaNoWriMo project.
5. My tenacity and drive
6. Passionate Curiosity
7. Learning, learning and more learning
8. Teaching, teaching and more teaching
9. Overcoming what seems “impossible”
10. My sense of humor, which I sometimes forget about! (I’m funny, I am really pretty darn funny…. ) 6 years ago
1. The Zencast and Audio Dharma podcasts – just listening for a few minutes refreshes me and gives me a whole new perspective on the day.
2. Thanksgiving leftovers
3. Wireless internet connections – mine was not working for most of the day and I will never again take it for granted.
4. My cat, Parker, taking a nap laying in the window and reminding me that I am home.
5. My grandparents because even though they may be getting a little nutty in their old age, I am extremely lucky to have them in my life! 6 years ago
1. Getting to work on time despite sleeping in over an hour!
2. Meatloaf’s new albulm – great for driving to.
3. A pretty good day at work.
4. Getting my running legs back!
5. Forgiveness….it makes motherhood easier! 6 years ago
I am grateful for freedom.
I am grateful for choices.
I am grateful for coincidences – or are they? hehe.
I am grateful for having a room to myself.
I am grateful for pondering. 6 years ago
1. Time spent creating art side-by-side with Samuel. That was so very fun.
2. Having an exceptionally peaceful day yesterday – it wasn’t quite the “perfect” Thanksgiving, but there was no angst, no tears… so this is quite an exponential improvement over the past years.
3. My NaNoWriMo novel is almost to the Winning Stage. Not anything overtly remarkable in it… well, actually, there are remarkable bits and pieces. Probably the most valuable lesson is that this isn’t a big deal for me, churning out this number of words, that for some people is a HUGE stretch. I hear, I hear.
4. The turkey I cooked yesterday was probably the most tasty I have ever cooked. The rosemary from my garden was such an essential element, I loved having something from the earth that my presence brought forth… loved it.
5. The many places I post my gratitude lists. I love reading, sharing, being with others who “get” the power of gratitude.
6. Cuddling with all my children yesterday at some point, at one moment with all three simultaneously.
8. My comforter and snuggling into it last night and this morning
9. Hank, my precious companion…
10. HEY! There are 43 people on this gratitude sharing list again – I had missed having so many gratitude dancers there for a while! YAY! You are all back!! 6 years ago
1. Ramona’s Birthday
2. Hannalee sold 7 of her bracelets and brought in $40. That is sooo exciting. She’s only 6 yrs old.
3. My dad apologized and said he was wrong about the bad words he spoke towards me and said he would not do it again He also asked for my forgiveness.
4. It was the best Thanksgiving because I thought #4 would never happen.
5. I got to spend Thanksgiving with my family and we had a great time with no drama instead of my husband and I being home eating peanut butter and crackers.
6. God is so good.
7. My dad blessed my stock/options trading. 6 years ago
1. Day #2 of Thanksgiving time off
2. Peaceful day with the family.
3. Made some money on some stocks.
4. Beautiful AZ weather.
5. My 6 yr old daughter started her jewelry making business. 6 years ago
-for the lazy morning at home yesterday with the parade on tv while I made pies
-for Thanksgiving dinner with family members with whom we haven’t celebrated for a while
-that my family enjoys doing the same thing on holidays: playing silly games
-that my husband wanted to watch the same movie I did last night and share popcorn with me
-that today we don’t have to do anything if we don’t want to… 6 years ago
1. For a relatively peaceful thanksgiving
2. For having fun with my sister
3. For doing nothing all day. Having everyone else cook a delcious meal, and simply staying out of the way and enjoying it.
4. For discovering that Old Time Potery is open until 10 on thanksgiving and that people actually go there. (??? yeah I don’t get it either. They have some nice stuff, but it’s junky. And a weird place to go on thanksgiving. It’s not like you craft potery there or anything) Fun times though. :)
5. For the glorious weather we had today! 6 years ago
1. My father, for being the calm, wise, centered man that he is. His attitude was very helpful today on a holiday that usually brings out the worst in my family.
2. My uncle’s long but entertaining story about playing golf with Terry Bradshaw in some tournament. I don’t know if it was a true story but it was still interesting.
3. The text messages I got from friends wishing me happy Thanksgiving.
4. Yeast rolls.
5. The fact that I am NOT one of those people who are going Christmas shopping at ungodly hours tomorrow morning! 6 years ago
This isn’t in order of significance, it is in order of the water droplets as they fell on the page…
1. My readers (blogs, ezines, articles, poetry, books, courses, etc.)
2. My audiences (for shows I directed, acted in, produced, poetry performances, karaoke folks)
3. My family â€“ children, siblings, parents, cousins, nieces, nephews, former-family membersâ€¦.
4. My Muse â€“ for changing my life so powerfully in a positive direction, and it just keeps getting better and better and better
5. My clients – past, present, future
6. My students â€“ past, present, future
7. My community â€“ yes, art lives and grows here in Bakersfield, California
8. My Teachers â€“ (everyone above PLUS others from the pastâ€¦ the presentâ€¦ the future!)
9. The Divine â€“ that powerful force within and throughout
10. My loves who are no longer with me in physical presence â€“ thank YOU! and thank you to my love, Dag Hammerskjoldâ€¦ for all that has been, thanks â€“ for all that is to beâ€¦. YES!
What are YOU grateful for today!? 6 years ago
1. I am alive at this moment and in this place and have the freedom to experience life exactly how I want to.
2. My sister washed the dished before leaving the house today, so I don’t have to do it.
3. Tomorrow is Thanksgiving and I get to spend it with my wonderful family.
4. When I leave work tonight, I don’t have to come back until Monday!!
5. The friendly neighborhood I get to drive through on my way home from work. It’s always beautiful driving by at night with all the houses lit up from the inside. 6 years ago
Today, November 22 I am so grateful for…..
1. NaNoWriMo Write in at Borders last night.
2. Karaoke – new & old people and the bartender who, for whatever reason, adores me… it is fun to be adored.
3. Tough love with Shannon and Meg at rehearsal last night.
4. Coffee with Coryn at Dagny’s… wondrously connected with long term, ongoing benefits… and her follow up email which read something like, “I am so glad to be with someone who feels so deeply and is so connected.” Ahhhh, yes!
5. Smelling Infinite Love
6. The “Behold Wonder” class, trusting and do/being and rejoicing in the results
7. Writing by the fire….
8. Being with Hank
9. Alasdair Fraser, oh the music
10. Cold, damp turtleneck weather… oh, wait – this is truly heavenly
11. Writing fireside while listening to Alasdair Fraser with Hank at my side and a cup of my yummy coffee right there, too. HEAVEN! 6 years ago
1. For getting swim captain!!!!!!!!!
2. For the awesome swim season I had this year. I could go on and on but I’ll keep it short, it was incredibal
3. For Uta, because she is an awesome person
4. For the making the most out of my junior year:
- Highest G.P.A. since entering highschool
- Editor-in-Chief of the yearbook
- Girls Swim Captain
life is wonderful.
5. Mrs. Hoover. I love that woman.
This really does help you become a happier person. Thinking of all the things that I am grateful for in my life is uplifting 6 years ago
1. Days where the government says, “Sure! Build a fire in your fireplace” like today! Hooray! I have wanted to light this fire for the last four days and now it is crackling behind me as I write!
2. Long, lush, heart-connected telephone conversations where I completely lose track of time and are so expansive my heart rejoices.
3. A full social calendar for the next couple days. Coffee, tea, lunch, writing in community…. Oh, let’s not forget rehearsal!
4. Sam’s drawing from last night – actually more like a page out of a book, with the words he wrote being “I see a green fish” and the fish, with incredibly cute gills and the requisite huge smile on his/her face surrounded by multi-colored “water” bubbles. My child, brilliant artist.
5. Emma’s willingness to open up to me so that I could help her. My child, learning to deal with and work through her fears.
6. Katherine’s sweet spirit – settled, calm, grateful, loving. My child, such a gift.
7. Finding a list of things from I can’t remember when about things that delight me and Emma wrote in #28 “My beautiful daughter, Emma!”
8. The flow in my writing life lately, both with NaNo and my “usual writing.”
9. Discovering I have cheered more than 1,000 times on 43things! I love cheering! Just 400 and change in cheers until I meet my next goal of 1500 cheers.
10. More great classes with incredible students are right on my horizon! BRAVA! 6 years ago
—I’m feeling particularly greatful today --
6. That my dad sent me $10 and words of wisdom! Thanks dad! I love that you care and that as I’ve grown older you’ve been more and more present in my life!
7. That I only have one more day of school left!!!
8. That I go to a school where the teachers care (for the most part). I was in early for yearbook the other day and I heard a teacher say “I went to Auburn, and I want to be involved in Auburn till I day.” and this was a retired teacher!!!! It really moved me. I love that there are people looking out for my education and my peers’ education when our district isn’t. My math teacher is the most amazing teacher ever. I love her to death. She may be boring and give a lot of notes, but she really makes you eager to learn. A freshman friend of mine said at the beginging of the year that she hated math, but she just got the highest test grade in the class. I’m so proud of her! And its all because of our awesome teacher. Same with my english teacher and her husband. And my yearbook advisor. They’re all so great. And my social studies teacher! I seriously have awesome teachers. I think I’ll write them thank you notes soon.
Ok that’s it for the day! 6 years ago
1. The fact that I looked absolutally gorgeous today! I <3 curvy gap jeans. They fit like a charm! They minimize what I have too much of, and amplify what I don't have! I totally suggest buying them. Plus my shirt! Super cute! Defintely a self esteem boosting day
2. The awesome solution I had to not having a hair tie at work! I put my hair up with paper clips! Not only did it look great, but it worked! :) I felt like a fairy princess.
3. For the super great day I had at work. I love our customers. Some in a more platonic manner than others. There are two guys, who dress amazing, and are totally gorgeous. I want to marry them both. Tragically they’re both married already, with kids. :( Bummer The best ones always are. Hopefully some day to me!
4. The sweet contest that I started in yearbook! I haven’t been shaving my legs for a month and some other girls don’t shave theirs much either, so we started a contest! It’s awesome! All of us are going to shave our legs the monday after thanksgiving break and then not shave them until the day before winter break. Even our yearbook rep is doing it!!! And she’s married!!!!!!!!!!! :) I’m so excited. It’s going to be awesome. We’re requiring a $2 entry fee though, which I’m goign to use to possibly buy a small trophy to be passed down for generations and a gift basket full of shaving stuff. I know you’re probably thinking, what about the guys, but in a class of 30 we only have 3! So.
5. That I totally didn’t suck up this econ test today!!!! 6 years ago
1. Finally different weather, even though I wish it
wasn’t a ‘no burn’ day because my heart keeps calling
me to build a fire… crossing fingers for tomorrow.
2. NaNoWriMo, for putting motivation to write
differently into a ‘do-able stretch’ context.
3. Going to theatre yesterday, not working in it.
4. Accepting further kudos for “control Freaks”
5. Dana, Saige and Adam
6. My computer and internet connection
7. Hank’s sweet presence at my feet as I write.
8. My Infinite Love plant, blossoming into
colored life again, reminding me that everything
may be replenished with TLC, moisture and care.
9. Dawn and Zach, both saw “Control Freaks” three times
(and Zach brough a different girl twice! LOL) Justin and
Victorio saw it two times… yay.
10. The telephone book….
11. The freedom to crawl back into bed if I feel like it
after I teach my 9 AM class today…. 6 years ago
1. For the man who tipped us today! :) I included a thank you note when I wrapped his pizza. It was a nice gesture, I appreciated it!
2. That was able to rake all the leaves. This year when I go to build a snowman I wont have nasty leaves covering it! The yard looks awesome! It took TEN bags. Ugh.
3. That I look super hot in my new Wisconsin shirt. Hopefully that will bring me luck tomorrow when I ask out this boy to a scrabble thing!
4. Seeing an old friend that I haven’t seen in ages!!!
5. Being able to brush my teeth for the first time since Wednesday because of my braces! 6 years ago