31. Peace is a daily, a weekly, a monthly process, gradually changing opinions, slowly eroding barriers, quietly building new structures.
Random ones i don’t know who wrote…
32. Facing the truth means going beyond just admitting we’ve done something wrong; it means not making excuses for that wrong behavior.
33. The human understanding-when it has once adopted an opinion -draws all things else to support and agree with it.
34. When you judge another, you do not define them. You define yourself. 21 months ago
26. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.
27. You are the only person who is in charge of how you feel about yourself. Nobody else can possibly do that. You get to decide if you believe you are beautiful or not, and nobody can take it away from you. If someone suggests that you aren’t beautiful, you can consider how sad it is that they have such a limited view of beauty. You can consider how unfortunate it is that they have such an exaggerated sense of self-importance that they think you should care about what they think. You can also choose to realize that it has nothing at all to do with your beauty and everything to do with their limitations.
- Ragen Chastain
28. When we challenge our personal patterns and step out of our comfort zone, we are often faced with our deepest fears.
29. I am considered a misanthropist now and then, because I do not socialize with many people. But it’s only my mind that avoids you, my heart is still with you, and seeks the distance so that it can keep on loving you.”—-Franz Grillparzer
30. “Big or small there’s a difference only you can make”—-Barbie 23 months ago
22. When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.—-Miguel Ruiz
23. The man who looks for security, even in the mind, is like a man who would chop off his limbs in order to have artificial ones which will give him no pain or trouble.—-Henry Miller
24. I have no faith in human perfectability. I think that human exertion will have no appreciable effect upon humanity. Man is now only more active – not more happy – nor more wise, than he was 6000 years ago.—-Edgar Allan Poe
25. Sometimes one creates a dynamic impression by saying something, and sometimes one creates as significant an impression by remaining silent.—-Dalai Lama 3 years ago
18. Man cannot remake himself without suffering, for he is both the marble and the sculptor. ~Dr. Alexis Carrel
19. All men should strive
to learn before they die
what they are running from, and to, and why.
20.If in the last few years you haven’t discarded a major opinion or acquired a new one, check your pulse. You may be dead. ~Gelett Burgess
21.If you resist reading what you disagree with, how will you ever acquire deeper insights into what you believe? The things most worth reading are precisely those that challenge our convictions. 3 years ago