-I finally left my property. After 3 days at home or on our land it was good to drive away for awhile
-we got about a third of the wall tiles up
-I finished 2 books today (one I’ve been reading for several months here and there)
-I got to see some of the women from Jazzercise
-for subway sandwiches 1 hour ago
Today I am grateful for taking the time to journal this morning. It got me in my head reflectively and out of my head anxiety-wise, and both ways were needed.
I am grateful for a successful conclusion of my community design class. Our master plan was well-received, and I thought it looked fabulous. Well worth all the intermittent hours spent coloring every little thing. [Everybody loved my super-tree idea!]
I am grateful my hubby came to our presentation and was such a good sport. I’m glad he could see what I’ve been up to and meet some of my friends. Proves to me that trying to get him to come to work fundraisers causing angst was probably more about the fundraising and less about not wanting to see me in action. ;)
After he left, I met a new friend! She initiated getting my number – yay! (Why is making friends as an adult so much like dating?? It’s weird that it has its awkward moments!)
I am grateful I got two pep talks in tandem from two really great ladies at work today. It’s helping me keep it all in perspective. I love that people care so much about me.
I am grateful that a third lady at work came in with homemade granola in a jar and an attached tea packet, wishing me a “Happy Study Break.” It was so cute!
I am grateful that I finally decided to go to grad school. I read a quote today that said, “Be curious sooner.” I really need to embrace that as a new mantra. 2 hours ago
-our nephew drove 40 miles and went out of his way to drop off a ceramic hole-saw blade so that we can do the very last floor tile in the bathroom
-I got my usual Sunday chores done: a load of laundry, change the bed sheets, fix dinner, see that the trash goes out, all rather quickly
-I completed my latest blanket for Hospice
-I took a sari I had purchased more than a year ago (because it was pretty) and finally made it into a curtain for the French door between the kitchen and my office. Then, since the sewing machine was out, I made another curtain from an orange sari to cover the shelf unit in the bathroom. This happens to be my procrastination challenge for the month, so I only have 2 more to make.
-I got to see the most fabulous snow storm this morning. I think the flakes were about the size of quarters for more than a half hour. I was like being in a snow globe or, as we called it when I was a child, a storm-under-glass 1 day ago
Today I am grateful for:
1. The conclusion of another prayer journal. That one covers 6 tumultuous years. I finally feel in good enough space and I’m looking forward to the documentation of my prayers in my next journal.
2. A lot of signs and signals for new beginnings and reaching milestones. On so many levels, newness (and uncertainties and some endings) abound.
3. A fun holiday party, and allowing myself to enjoy it.
4. Hot showers. Clean hair, clean face, warm clothes.
5. My little family consisting of my husband and the kitty. One day that will transform itself into a different arrangement, but for right now I’m grateful for how it exactly looks right now. And loved the moment we were all snuggled under the covers last night. 1 day ago
For aswedishlimes’ presence on 43T
Not having to worry about how I’m going to pay rent
The quick movement of time between having an idea and having that idea actually manifest, feels like magic!
Being accepted to do clinical placement in a rehabilitation hospital in Nepal next year. I had a phone interview recently and have been sent a confirmation letter, think I’m in shock still haha. Can’t wait!
For feeling truly blessed, ease has flowed into my life and I just need to be more aware and grateful for it every day. I am grateful for the challenges I have had in my life but I am ready to let go of the stress and anxiety associated to coping with these challenges, I don’t need that coping mechanism anymore. I am grateful I had it as a tool in the past as it kept me going but now it just sabotages joy and all the beauty there is to be experienced in this day. I think I am going to write a love letter to life one day soon, it deserves it. 1 day ago
-I slept late
-I went out with my Sweetie to unearth our vehicles
-for having time all alone to read a book, crochet, catch up on the DVR
-Mr. G played Santa for a friend of a friend of our daughter’s so that she could raise money to adopt
-when he got home, we grouted the bathroom floor 2 days ago
Today I am grateful for:
1. A thousand entries! That took a lot of discipline, a lot of digging deep, and a lot of decisions to keep going.
2. This 43T community, the support, the cheers, the resources, the friendship. I am a better person because of this site and all of you – thank you!
3. My kitty. His blood tests yesterday seem to demonstrate his disease is progressing. He’s been doing rather well lately, so I was hopeful we’d have another month of celebratory numbers, but alas….he’s got a terminal illness and I got more evidence for that…
4. The care and grace of the oncology staff. I can’t imagine a better team I’d want to work with. And though the decisions and questions are many, I do feel like we’ve got their full support.
5. An opportunity to show what I know. Finals are stressing me out, and for once it’s not about what I’m supposed to say, but more about how I’ll get it all done. I’m grateful it’s the weekend. I’m grateful I still have some time with it. I’m grateful that at least 2 people said they’d be available Monday for questions about my hardest final. I’m grateful that I’m indeed learning.
6. J’s holiday party is tonight, and if it was anything last year, it’ll be swanky and wonderful! That’s my carrot for today’s work to get done… 2 days ago
-I skipped going to Jazzercise this morning because I had 1/2 inch of ice on the car
-snow is falling now and we have nearly 3 inches so far
-I’ve had a lazy day reading, watching TV, and putting in the occasional piece in the jigsaw puzzle
-I talked to P about last night’s party
-that I’m warm and it’s 29 degrees outside 3 days ago
-I switched days going to Mum’s and buying groceries, because we are forecast for some rough weather
-my mother drove herself to her hairdresser yesterday without anyone else in the car and did great
-after I got back home from visiting my mother I had time to make some sugar scrub exfoliate
-for a great party with the book club
-I got the books handed out for my turn at hosting next month’s club meeting. 4 days ago
Today I am grateful for:
1. Being one entry away from 1000. It has taken me a long time to even eke out the last 40 or so. I have been committed to making it to 1000, and will then re-evaluate if I will take on this goal in the same way or not. I am so, so grateful for the 999 entries I have, and the story they tell of my life journey.
2. My ladies’ lunch friends. It’s so nice to gather each Thursday and share a meal.
3. My husband picking up a pizza for us, while I run around frenzied with my final projects…
4. A good counseling session.
5. The end should be in sight…just a few more days of madness… 4 days ago
1) That my sister came and visited. It was so wonderful having her here.
2)For my lovely family, even thought they are far away
3)For getting to go to a conference and stay in a hotel this weekend
4) That I got a ride into town today
5)For books and libraries 4 days ago
-today has been a very warm day for this time of year
-after Jazzercise, a classmate and I went to a thrift store in the same mall. I saw a free standing toilet paper holder that I would have purchased, if I hadn’t bought one last week online
-I mixed up another batch of sugar scrub for gifts to my bookclub
-I’ve gotten a discussion kit for next month’s book club, because I
will be hosting it
-I heard good news from a friend. She was included in another colleague’s will. We three ate lunch together for several years. He left her a legacy that she could never have expected. She is having a difficult time financially and the legacy will be of great use exactly right now. I never thought that our mutual friend was that thoughtful that he would do such a thing. What great generosity! His death was very sudden and it was 8 months before his family could track her down. I love knowing there is such kindness in the world. 5 days ago
-I had a great day with Mum
-groceries are purchased and put away
-my Sweetie’s safely home and in bed
-I made the sugar scrub and it is very nice
-the morning was thick with fog and it felt like morning all day long. 5 days ago
Today I am grateful:
1. My husband is home. I’m still loving every moment of him being back, and my stress levels naturally reduce because of it.
2. The kitty keeps having good days. That helps my stress levels too!
3. I now love roasted brussel sprouts.
4. I have many friends at school.
5. J’s family has decided to come to us for Christmas again! 5 days ago
That I was able to be there for a friend today in the same way that she has been there for me, really grateful that I could reciprocate her kindness and meet her with the calm that she has met me with in the past.
Time spent with my little cousins
Not having to be anywhere
I made the right choice in chocolate selection this evening. I wasn’t sure if I should go for the dark chocolate that I normally get when the mood calls for chocolate …..but I went with the milk almond and it’s exactly what I was craving. hmmmmm. 5 days ago
-I was able to find a recipe to a sugar scrub that seemed simple enough
-...and then, went to Wal-mart to buy the ingredients.
-to my loving spouse for prepping on the bathroom walls alone
-while I got to visit Mum and play scrabble
-that I took the time last week to wash my basket liners on delicate and then today to get out my label maker so that when the baskets go back in the bathroom, I’ll know what goes where 6 days ago
I must have hit something else that erased Sunday’s note. I’m grateful:
-for time spent at home being a couch pretzel
-getting a response back from my youngest brother
-dreaming about making things I’ve never tried (in this case, making sugar scrubs)
-eating leftovers, YUM
-appreciating the winter sun 6 days ago
the smell and crunchy feel of summer green grass
plenty of rain
connecting with friends
luxurious feeling of having time on my ownsome 6 days ago
Today I am grateful for:
1. A great last class in my Foundations class. Discussions were interesting, I was awake, we laughed a lot.
2. My kitty.
3. Excellent, wonderful times with my niece over Thanksgiving.
4. Reuniting with friends after a long break.
5. My husband is home for good!! 1 week ago
-I hit 125 classes for the year at Jazzercise. Considering that I was with my mother most of the summer, that is pretty good.
-I mixed up the mastic for the tiles. I love doing this chore.
-we got the last of the tiles in place. As I was cleaning the tiles after they were installed, I noticed there were rings on the one that is first seen when entering from the hall. I tried to get the rings off and they seemed to be permanent. So, with guidance from my love, I pried that one up and he replaced it with a ring-free one.
-I visited my friend in rehab and helped her get back on track with the loom project she was working on
-I bagged up a bunch of leftovers for Mum and went to visit her. We played Scrabble and I actually beat her for a change.
- 1 week ago
-my nearly 86 y/o mother decided to buy an I Pad. She’s decided she needs this. I don’t own a smart phone, or a tablet and I’ll get her to teach me how to use it.
-because of this I decided to actually read my Kindle user guide. I had never downloaded a book from the library using the device. I’ve always used the laptop to download to the Kindle. Until today.
-for a visit from my youngest grand-daughter, her oldest brother and their mom. We ate leftovers from yesterday’s fixings.
-my granddaughter made deviled eggs using my recipe. She and her step-sister have recently told me that they are not going to eat any deviled eggs that aren’t made by me. I told her I’d give her the recipe.
-my china and silver are all washed and drying to be put up tomorrow. 1 week ago
Today I am grateful for:
1. Finishing the darn memo, although I just received feedback that he wants me to flesh out the part that’s the hardest to define….
2. Nice time with my family, and although my stepmother is driving me crazy, I am able to keep it in check. (That is remarkable.)
3. Counseling. I’m not sure I would be having this much success without working through a lot throughout this past year with someone. She validates why I feel so out of control, while giving me ways to learn how to get what I need from myself and not other people.
4. My niece. She really understands I’m her Auntie, and wants me to be around as much as possible. It is so endearing.
5. The kitty has survived the trip, and all the craziness we’ve put him through. I am ever grateful for his companionship, for what health he still has, for his softness, for his trust. 1 week ago
-for another Thanksgiving spent with my in-laws. For this one we didn’t have to travel nearly as far ~ 2 miles.
-I found out that another baby is expected in my extended family (a great niece or nephew)
-I got to see 3 of my grandchildren
-for being able to talk to my son for a long while
-I started learning the names of my daughter’s chickens-Chick Norris, Big Booty Judy, Chicken Patty, Chicken Nugget, and 8 more. 1 week ago
-to have cooked 3 pies. Last year I began reading my grandmother’s diaries which started during the depression. My grandparents had lots of children and little money. They fed their family by baking and selling pies. So, now when I make a pie, I think of my Grands baking to live.
-I also roasted a turkey breast
-my sweetheart, who had a bad spill, still worked on the bathroom floor, cutting the odd pieces which invariably are required. An expensive blade for the ring saw broke before the most complicated piece was finished, and he’s already found some replacements on line. Geesh $38 to $90
-I cleaned up all the items that were in the bathroom when we were sanding and creating the whiteout
-I hauled things out of the dining room so that we can actually use the room to …er, dine. 1 week ago
-I spent time with Mum and she is leaving Wednesday to go to Indy for 3 days
-I went shopping at Aldi’s and got the most delicious small Bartlett pears.
-I chopped all the zucchini, grape tomatoes, boiled the tortellini
pasta and put together a lovely pasta salad
-I have a day to put together the necessary food prep
-that my sweetheart let me attend to him after he fell out of his chair. He has a bad bruise on his forehead and temple area. The knot on his head was the size of a walnut and there was minimum blood. This makes me think he tumbled onto his head. Icing the knot has eliminated it. His appetite recently has been abysmal and I got him to eat a burger, the pasta salad, a Babybel, and an ice cream sandwich after his spill. I suspect he lost consciousness for less than a minute. We were on different stories of the house so I did not witness the spill. He was lucid from the moment I helped him off the floor until he went to bed. We had company after his fall, and he could hold a conversation. (And, no he would not entertain going to see a medical professional.) 1 week ago
-I worked with Mr. G on the tile floor of the bathroom. We got a little more than half finished and we’ll begin again on Wednesday.
-I cleared everything out of the shelves in the bathroom
-I laundered all the linens from the bath
-We ate pizza!
-that I’ve put the mess that is my house in perspective and I’ll be able to handle it from here on. 1 week ago
1. Thanksgiving is one day away.
2. I have some alone time during this holiday.
3. I’m getting back on track.
4. I’m cooking more at home.
5. I’m slowly starting to appreciate myself. 1 week ago
-for time with my mother today. I decided to go see her on a Sunday, because I knew I couldn’t go tomorrow.
-that everything I did today ran smoothly. Some days are diamonds and this was one.
-I finished reading a book
-I caught up on some of my weekly chores
-for being able to get the construction dust out of my bedroom. 2 weeks ago
Today I am grateful for:
1. My grandfather. Memories of him, today on his birthday, are making me smile.
2. I’ve been married exactly 5.5 years. That’s one year longer than my longest dating relationship. Hooray!
3. Überly grateful for my husband, who’s my constant friend, wonderful partner, and who loves me for me.
4. Ginger peach tea, to lure me into finishing a much-overdue work assignment. Do your magic, tea.
5. Glimpses of a beautiful sunrise over the city. 2 weeks ago
1. Getting some work done on the books this morning.
2. A trip to Lowe’s with Nick today. Nick seemed to enjoy looking at lawnmowers and such, and we bought pansies to plant at the garage entrance (we live in the South . . . no one ever comes to the front door) and a fresh wreath and bow.
3. A wonderful nap after coming home.
4. Watching the American Music Awards. Today’s best mainstream/pop music is beyond good. When I was growing up, older adults did not like the popular music that teens and younger adults liked, but when I see Rihanna or Katy Perry or Lady Gaga or Florida-Georgia Line (or is it Georgia-Florida Line?), what’s not to like?
5. Having energy in the evening and getting some cleaning and laundry done.
6. Having Thanksgiving week off. Not much rest in store; I have cars to take to the shop, calls to make, books to write, papers to grade. But time to do those things is priceless.
7. My cats. I love them so much.
8. Seeing The Hunger Games: Catching Fire yesterday. Loved it. I bought all three of the books but have not read a single one. I miss reading, but my life is just not conducive to it. 2 weeks ago