-my Sweetie and I dug a small grave for Sadie
-we celebrated our 27th anniversary
-I hosted the 3rd Thursday a week late
-I got to read part of Gilead tonight because it was a particularly funny portion
-for this gorgeous day 20 hours ago
-that I found my deceased cat early in the day so that I could make plans with that in mind
-I got to have this little sweetie in my life for 2 months
-my best friend came over
-my sweetheart got to spend time with his younger brother picking and playing
-the storms that wreaked havoc on Oklahoma bypassed us 1 day ago
1. that I found a luggage hospital to take two big purses to. I do love a humongous handbag, and both of my big ones were in need of repair.
2. that I will have a special visitor this weekend.
3. that Nick is getting stronger through the personal training he is doing.
4. That I have chosen not to teach this summer.
5. That I have time this morning, even though I am wasting it. :) 1 day ago
-I got to spend time with Mum
-I read a great book
-this week’s groceries are put away
-for an email from my grand-daughter Lindsey with photos of her digitalized sonogram and her baby’s father side by side. Lots of similarities
-for Mr. G, who is the love of my life
Edit: 5/22/13 I found Lady Sadie dead this morning. I expected Sophie to die first, and it was a surprise that the younger cat would go. Sadie was playful until late Monday when she became somewhat lethargic and kept to herself more than she ever had before. Yesterday her ears perked up when I offered her some chicken, but she didn’t even nibble. When I went to bed she was in the hallway lying down and truly did not look well. This morning I went in search of her and could find her nowhere. She’d gone to the basement and died under a sawhorse. She’d only lived with us 2 months and I cried anyway. Perhaps, for all the sweet animals who have added to my life for a brief time. 2 days ago
-that in the process of using up freezer items, I found dry beans I cooked and froze 2 months ago. There were enough that I could make chili
-I spent an hour scanning kid’s art. How funny and beautiful these treasures are. I did get rid of some of them and now have them all in digital format. The artwork here was done by my granddaughter Isabella when she was 3 1/2, of my deceased cat Pilgrim.
-for being able to see my dentist
-2 of my friends retired today
-for air-conditioning (it was in the 90’s) 3 days ago
-I finally started moving my computer, etc. back into my office. It has been more than a month since I used the computer in here.
-I slept for 4 hours this afternoon
-my dining room table is no longer cluttered with the necessary junk that goes with the computer
-I began putting together the beginnings of chili
-the trash is to the curb 4 days ago
-that I had such a lovely day
-I finished up painting my desk
-I went to the worst yard sale ever (per my sweetie) & bought nothing
-my sweetheart decided to go out to eat on the spur of the moment
-I spent some time getting my desk moved into place in my office 4 days ago
1. Today we had a Vive la France party at our house, thanks to my friend S, who visited France last year on a teaching/mission trip and made friends. I loved our French guests! They were all charming, open, and, when we played Charades, I could not help but notice that they were very graceful. And they really do kiss people on both cheeks. :) It was a fantastic party and I am very grateful that we were able to host it.
2. I did some writing this morning. I am happy.
3. Because I hosted a party, my house is clean. Yay! 5 days ago
1. Everything fell into place as far as getting my house shipshape for tomorrow: rugs and upholstery cleaned, replacement glass for oven came just in time, and the lawn guy, who could only promise to “do his best” to get my pinestraw by Saturday, delivered today. Also, my harried and busy contractor made time to come by and fix some of the more usightly dents in the wall and nicks on the doors. (Big learning curve for Nick on the new power chair . . . we still are not quite there).
2. I have time alone to nerd around while Nick sleeps.
3. Saw Star Trek: Into Darkness with Nick today. Loved it! Love the actors who play Kirk and Spock.
4. Saw my gynecologist yesterday, one more medical thing out of the way. Also, he really is a good doc. He thinks about the whole patient and not just the ladyparts.
5. I have truly gotten major stuff done this week.
6. I put myself first twice this week when I could have accommodated someone but would have missed Zumba. I am trying to change my mindset from thinking that things I do for myself are less important, can be moved, and so on. I owe it to myself to look out for my mental and physical health. 6 days ago
-I got enough clear liquid food for my sweetie in preparation for his procedure tomorrow, so that he didn’t feel deprived as much
-I got 6 chairs cleaned and put on the porch, ready to go to Goodwill
-I got to talk to my old business partner for more than an hour
-my basement cat has been sleeping more today than she has before. Maybe she is finally adjusting to us
-we didn’t host our “Third Thursday” group today since my sweetie would have had to watch us eat. 1 week ago
-I got to see my rheumatologist, who told me that I looked good
-our houseguest and her friend are searching for an apartment together
-that if they find an apartment we can start our bathroom remodel because then we’ll have the on suite available upstairs while we work on the downstairs bath
-I got to spend time with my best friend ~ there’s so little time that we get to have together
-I decided to read instead of working on the office. (It is crammed with stuff that will be leaving in the next 2 days.) 1 week ago
Today I am grateful for:
1. Relenting, and getting cough syrup.
2. Counseling. Patience with the process. Reflection of good that is happening. Support. Learning to mother myself. Remembering my mother.
3. My mom. That we both work to keep the connection we have alive beyond death. That it’s not a one-way street. That she still has ways to say hello and reach out. That love conquers death.
4. An old volunteer asking me to be a reference. I’m always surprised by some people who come out of the woodwork. I’m grateful we could catch up and to know what he’s been up to.
5. Kleenex, or snot rags, like I like to call them.
6. 10,000 cheers! I’ve given 10,000 cheers! (And I mean everyone of them.) 1 week ago
-that although my sinuses are still acting up, they’re not nearly as bad
-my mother did some speed-shopping today, so I got home quickly
-our houseguest asked us if her friend could spend the night
-I got to exercise in the evening
-I got a call to remind me of Wednesday’s appointment 1 week ago
-I signed up for a virtual life management course with my health insurance plan today
-for getting the first coat of paint on my desk
-that my mother slept 4 hours straight when she wasn’t feeling well today
-my crochet student canceled today
-I had frozen lasagna the last time I had a big batch. Yum. 1 week ago
-I get to talk to my mother every day
-my son and I talked. As always, when we talk, the conversation is long, and deep. I made him cry, tough guy that he is
-my step-daughter texted me when she had a moment
-I emailed my granddaughter, Lindsey, a pre-Mother’s Day note.Only 11 more days until the great-grandbaby is due, so this is her last Mother Day sans child
-that I had and have a child, a stepchild, 9 grandchildren and that a great-grandson is on the way and that my mother still graces my life 1 week ago
-for a day so full that I couldn’t post until today
-for getting to witness my husband graciously turning 65
-for time spent with Isabella, my youngest granddaughter, with no one else around. (She’s ironic and funny when there’s no competition)
-for a weekend without our houseguest, though she truly is no trouble it is nice to be alone with my Sweetie
-I got some decluttering done 1 week ago
Today I am grateful for . . .
1. Going to a restaurant with Nick on impulse today.
2. Shopping with Nick at Barnes and Noble.
4. Time to talk to a friend.
5. A Friday Friends birthday celebration for two May birthdays, Nick’s being one of them. 1 week ago
Today I am grateful for:
1. Being back home!!
2. The simplicity of weeding our yard and that that is my greatest focus of the moment.
3. Accomplishing the goal of celebrating our wedding anniversary (early) and that we are even closer to each other because of it.
4. Muddy toes and then clean toes after washing them in the bathtub.
5. Blueberry pancakes so full of blueberries that the pancakes were gray. From the cute diner in our neighborhood.
6. My so-called Roman plague is resolving itself quicker than I imagined. Traveling yesterday was NO fun, but I slept a lot and feel like I have a lot of energy today.
7. J is playing with Lightroom and processing our pictures! Yay! 1 week ago
-I could teach Isabella how to arm knit
-that she loved making a scarf in less than 10 minutes
-my visit with my mother was great
-she let me buy her lunch for Mother’s day
-I got to the dance studio twice today. 1 week ago
-for this beautiful day
-that I got to talk to my niece for awhile (yes she’s still our houseguest)
-I exercised just 45 minutes but it was a good workout
-I updated the ads on craigslist and if I haven’t sold the items by the 15th I’ll donate them
-pizza for supper is still a treat 2 weeks ago
I am grateful for…...
my personal trainer Alex. I am finally enjoying exercising and seeing amazing results.
finding a small amount of passion come back to my job. I need to work there so at least now I’m feeling valuable again.
cooking an amazing meal tonight for my fiance. I am really learning how to cook healthy and that makes me so happy.
my puppy apollo. he is so loving and always makes me smile.
that tomorrow is friday and it’s our last kickball game for the spring season. 2 weeks ago
-that I was able to do more today than I have all week
-and speaking of doing ~ I spent an hour in the back yard with kitty litter pans, a rug, and a hose
-I made great strides in sanding the desk I intend to paint
-I fixed Parmesan Chicken and it was delicious
-for the long hours of uninterrupted sleep I’ve been getting lately 2 weeks ago
I have done this goal for years, both under this ID and a former one. I’m bored with it and I told myself I would not continue pursuing a goal that bores me. It’s completely contrary to the point of a Bucket List. So I’m counting this one fulfilled! 2 weeks ago
-when I am ill because there’s so much to look forward to after it passes 2 weeks ago
1. Today I’m grateful for the profound bond my future-spouse and I have cultivated.
2. I’m grateful for good conversations with friends over the weekend.
3. I’m grateful for our first date dinner in a while.
4. I’m grateful for the challenge of hardship, however I may continue to struggle.
5. I’m grateful for the life I have.
These hard days sure take it out of me. 2 weeks ago
-that after having an almost sleepless night, I slept 4 hours
-for snuggling with my sweetie
-my throat has been painless for hours in a row
-I finished a great book and then and okay book
-for a rainy day 2 weeks ago
Today I am grateful for:
1. The messages from ‘yonder’ from my mother yesterday.
2. My husband.
3. Imagining Rome at its peak.
4. The opportunity to celebrate our anniversary like this and being proactive around the milestone.
5. A good cat sitter. Have had very few thoughts about what’s happening at home.
6. People coming out of the woodwork on Facebook to view our photos. It’s nice to be so connected to long-lost friends. 2 weeks ago
-I wore a Derby hat
-I exercised today
-for spending time with my grandsons
-the horse I was rooting for won the Derby
-despite waking with a sore throat I was able to do all I wanted 2 weeks ago