Name: Andy Roberts SID:9999999
Award: BA Learning Technology Research ( Information Communication Technology )
Title: Further research into ” Introducing a WIKI to a Community of Practice”
My Action Enquiry2 module looked at the process of creating a Wiki for a COP and the first few weeks of activity. This ILM unit will focus on an analysis of the data which has accumulated over a longer period to date, as well as attempting to research other examples through conversation with online faciliators and by reviewing the latest literature.
Assessment criteria focus: All
Upon completion of the module I will be able to:
1 Design, write and modify an ILM plan in plain text format.
2 Analyse several months’ data from a mailing list and Wiki.
3 Review the latest significant literature emerging about the topic.
4 Engage Online facilitators in discussion about the use of Wikis for COPS.
5 Analyse data from 2,3 and 4.
6 Reflect on conclusions with regard to future practice.
7 Evaluate and reflect upon the ILM planning process and outcomes.
1. Write an ILM plan in plain text format and share it in the Learning Community and elsewhere. Change it as necessary.
2. Research websites, blogs and conference papers to identify emerging opinion about the usefulness of Wikis to COPS.
3. Gather data from the mailing list and Wiki. Design questions about the data and answer them through analysis.
4. Share findings with Meta-COPS and Meta-WIKI communities, with a view to soliciting reports of others experience.
5. Reflect on findings from 2,3,4 and draw conclusions.
6. Reflect on the ILM design, negotiation and implementation process.
Product for Assessment:
A report consisting of contents along the lines of
1) Literature review
2) Summary and findings from activities 3, 4 and 5
3) Main Conclusions supported by data in appendix.
4) Brief conclusions about the overall ILM process 8 years ago