Ever since I moved to the city, this thing tortures me. I cannot imagine how we all live together and never talk or even barely look at each other. I’m a shy guy for sure, but I guess we all are cause people do the same, I mean I don’t have strangers talk to me either.
Wouldnt it be awesome. Honestly, not one day goes by without me thinking I should’ve talked to some people on the street. Just to show that there is hope, that some people do care what’s up with your life.I have a theory I want to try it out. My theory is that you have to go by baby steps, just like anything else. Start by:
- just smiling or at least looking in the eyes
- say hello to random people
- shake hands to random people
- ask for a hug (that’s awesome, I gotta try this someday)
- ask a really deep question to a stranger.
I’ve found it’s easy to do this when you’re traveling. But I wanna do this right here, on my own turf. I get such a kick when it happens… 7 years ago