I have declared the list to be as stated below. List can be changed at any given moment by creator of list (which is me) in case something even weirder comes along.
The Weirderst Wonders in the World
1. Socotra Island: It’s weird but in a really pretty way and I’m wondering whether it’s only weird when it’s well photographed or if it really is properly weird. So this one needs investigation.
2. Mill Ends Park in Portland, Oregon, US: the worlds smallest park, created for leprechauns and a location for snail races
3. Jasujeong Amethyst Cave near Ulsan, Korea: the link says it al: http://www.jsharrison.com/korea/2006/05/15/the-weirdest-place-in-koreapossibly-the-world/
4. Chapel of bones, Sedlec, Czech Republic: the plague set in, too many people died, and some monks got creative with bones.
5. The Miniature Museum, Prague, Czech Republic: the only place in the world where you can see a caravan of camels walk through a needle and see a flee with golden horseshoes.
6. The platypus, Australia (or a zoo near you): when it was discovered and sent back to England, no body could believe it could actually exist.
7. Biggest Dead Knitted Rabbit, Piemont, Italy: This one is under some debate because it is not a permanent weirdest wonder, it’ll only be there for 17 more years. I’ve added it for now cause it’s wunderfully bizarre and I want to see it. 4 years ago
A new very good candidate: http://www.carhenge.com/ 4 years ago
Right now I got the following list of nominees….
1. Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch (the place with the longest name)
2. Mill Ends Park in Portland, Oregon (teh worlds smallest park, created for leprechauns and a location for snail races)
3. Jasujeong Amethyst Cave near Ulsan, Korea (http://www.jsharrison.com/korea/2006/05/15/the-weirdest-place-in-koreapossibly-the-world/)
4. Chapel of bones, Sedlec, Czech Republic (Actually already been here and it’s awesome :))
5. Ocean Dome, Japan (http://www.japanfortheuninvited.com/articles/ocean%20dome.html)
6. Michael Jackson (If you have to think of the very weirdest person you know, you can’t pass Michael by. I mean, the guy built his own amusement parc, had a child (which is a wonder in itself) and then named it Blanket!).
7. Eclips (seen it, it’s really freaky when things get dark in the middle of the day)
8. Shroud of Turin, Turin, Italy (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shroud_of_Turin)
That’s all for now… 6 years ago
First I wanted to see the 7 world wonders, but there is much debate about what those actually are (there are about 10 different lists). The Ancient ones are the coolest, but most of those went crumbling down. So I thought the best approach would be to make a list of my own and go and visit everything on my own list. And since I don’t want to add to the pile of 7 world wonder lists, I want to make one that’s different: 0ne of the 7 weirdest wonders of the world. This could be anything from a location (for instance, I know there is a huge swimmingpool in japan where they’ve created waves that you can actually surf on and it’s located… next to the beach…), an item (the chess machine The Turk) or a person (oh, the possiblities…). Any suggestions are very welcome… 6 years ago