Is almost done, it is awesome. When I finish in the next 2 weeks or so, I’ll post a picture. Basement and back yard on the radar. 4 weeks ago
Get rewarded for your shopping skills on Shop for Fun
Shop for Fun is an online fashion game where you build a dream wardrobe and create outfits to win Amazon gift certificates.
People doing thisSee everyone
- Work with these damn colours! Ignore Cal pulling a demonface (and being up on the counters) and you get a glimpse of the horrible combination the landlords have stuck me with—the walls are an orangey pinky salmon, the counters are a really bright blue, and the stove is retro yellow. The floors are a blue/tan/brown slate. I think they were trying to go Mediterranean? But it’s just a mess to decorate around.
- Actual cute dish towels/hand towels. With these colours, I’m thinking maybe a blue and yellow tile print, something Moroccan-inspired, if I can find or stitch something like that.
- Curtains so the creepy neighbor in the meth complex stops watching me do dishes. Again, considering a blue and yellow geometric.
- More plants.
- Reorganize and declutter, pack up a lot of the previous tenant’s junk.
- Add the last cloth panel to the ceiling.
- Some kind of non-permanent backsplash above the stove. I’m thinking of covering some peel’n’stick tiles with bottle caps.
- Mug rack for the big blank stretch of wall, badly needed as our mugs keep multiplying.
- Spice rack? I don’t know if I have enough spices to necessitate a rack.
- Fill in the little bare spots with more cute, kitschy stuff.
- Stop scraping by with cheap junk and get good, solid cookware/bakeware basics so that I can entertain properly. 4 months ago
- PAINT. The walls are this strong yellow colour that I can do simply nothing with. I’ve already got the paint bought, a nice soft relaxing blue, but I need to get the supplies from my girlfriends’ place.
- Wall art. Found a gallery layout I like for above the couch and marked a couple other walls, but need to get frames and choose art/print photos.
- New rug. I’m using a chintzy old one left by the landlords to keep the room warmer and quieter, but I found a snazzy one online for not too much.
- Curtains. Last roommate took them when he bolted and I’m getting tired of having to wear pants when I watch TV simply because my living room faces a street and an apartment complex. Ari said she’d sew me a set, but I need to measure the windows and buy the fabric. Oh, and get rods.
- Refinish the end table and planter I snagged out of my girlfriends’ move that fit perfect but need to not be scratched-up super-dark wood.
- Shoe rack and coat pegs for beside the door, ASAP.
- More plants.
- Scented candles.
- A more thoughtful arrangement of knick-knacks and photos. 4 months ago
This is going to be a long-term goal. A lot of it is going to be redecorating—making this into a place that looks and feels like us and not the landlords/previous tenants, and furnishing—the basics are mostly covered, but not the little touches that make a place more than just functional. Some of it is going to be organizing and better utilizing so that being here is relaxing instead of stressful.
Some of it is going to be learning to let go and open our home to visitors before it’s 100% clean and shiny and well-decorated and gracious, because that could take who knows how long. And because those visits create the good vibes and good memories that make a house a home regardless of how it looks and works. 4 months ago
... these things really should be done…
Move those boxes out of the kitchen!
Get a microwave!
Look for the other part of the ice-tea maker… if not found by the end of the week, buy another.
Rearrange the living room… to make it more conducive to living…
Hang these mirrors!
Put some type of trash receptacle in every room!
:) 11 months ago
Our landlord decided this year that all of their tenants pay 125 extra dollars a month and to require them to have a 500,000 dollar renters insurance policy with them listed as additional insured. We moved (renting again of course). As a matter of fact, tenants of 7 out of 10 properties they own are moving as well! I just can’t wait for Nick to finish his degree so we can settle down and buy our own home. For now here’s our new place! 18 months ago
My children’s rooms are almost done, my bedroom is next. Funny I spent all that time looking for a house to buy, then I move in and change stuff. 20 months ago
So we got the dust and started placing it in some of the area’s that the ants were known to be at. It seemed to work! Then Easter came and candy was all over the place and they started to come back a little bit. Then we cut down all the grass, trimmed some bushes and such and found even more logs around the yard. After all that more ants came into the house plus with the weather being warmer. I didn’t attack the food source outside yet and we have yet to attack all nest since I’m sure there are more around and maybe in the neighbors yards. I think once we get more repairs done around the house we will be able to attack them even better. I have a lot of house work to do since we have been dealing with E.R visits and other such emergencies and things have been a bit crazy. The buggers love to hide under toys, clothes and in baskets and the such so everything must be cleared out. I’m hoping that next spring we don’t have this problem at all or have less of a problem. 2 years ago
em squaredThings to get done THIS WEEK before Jenni visits on Friday, along with all the routine chores
Guest Room Sheets
Guest Room Curtains
Bathroom Curtains/Shower Curtain/Rugs
Add new comforter set to Guest bed
Paint end tables in our room “gloss black”
Fill picture frame in my new room divider with our engagement pics
Pick up photos 2 years ago