:-) My returning to work. My day off Wednesday turned out to be therapeutic.
:-) Picked up my granddaughter from school and her telling me how her day went.
:-) Picked up the rent from our tenants. Both what was owed from last month and all this month’s paid. Now it is time to pay my own bills.
:-) Too hot to cook or eat. I nuked chimichangas for G. I ate a slice of leftover pizza straight out of the fridge. Never realized cold pizza could taste so good.
:-) Ice cream for dessert. Topped with Hershey’s syrup and a drop of Carolan’s Irish cream. In a taste test, I could tell no difference between Carolan’s and Bailey’s.
43 Things was still up and running.34 minutes ago
People doing thisSee everyone
:-) My returning to work. My day off Wednesday turned out to be therapeutic.
1. Tenacity (mine)
2. A sun-room (mine)
3. Design advice (Alison’s)
4. Attention, affection (Mr. S)
5. A burrito (mine) 2 hours ago
Today I am grateful for:
1. A day off from work
2. The rain disappearing so I could get a bike ride in
3. A call from a friend who is traveling in Finland. We made plans to meet up Sunday. (She come home Friday. I’m not going to Finland.)
4. Finding that little gazebo to escape that short downpour
5. Getting to see Little Grand Dude for a bit.
PLUS – this is my 300th entry under this goal. It it all ends tonight, I have a nice round number of entries. 12 hours ago
I am realizing gratitude:
1. for my right wrist
2. for my guitar playing ability
3. it will all be over in four hours
4. for new strings
5. for remembering to turn the volume back on after tuning
6. for my cool shirt
7. there is no right way to do anything, only the way I do it
8. my life is well stocked with what I need
9. I am free to choose a new experience at any moment and applying that realization
10. what I clarify and focus on comes to pass 20 hours ago
- Getting in a workout at the gym
- Sweet watermelon
- I finally painted the (formerly pink and purple) bedroom with primer
- Music that makes me forget I’m working
- A pleasant and unexpected phone call from my son
- Focusing on the answers~
- 21 hours ago
- I decided to not to go into work and called in and took a personal day.
- R remembered to take and send me pictures of P’s first day of school. P was so excited.
- G and I went shopping and got a quick lunch. G just needed to get out of the house for a bit.
- I took R to pick up P from school. Everything was so confusing. I’d been told school was dismissed at 2:55 so we came early.
- I brought P home with me and was going to take her to the pool because it was so hot but they have already started draining it. We went to the park for a little bit and I read to her. We managed to stay cool and found some cucumbers ready in the garden.
43 Things continues to be up and running. Hooray for one more day!1 day ago
1. Two years of a healing heart.
2. I have learned that inflicting pain hurts the inflictor more than the inflictee.
4. My old friend Alison, who now lives in England, hasn’t forgotten me. We are getting together tomorrow to talk art and more art and what to do about art.
5. Attentions, affections.
5a. Avocado bruschetta.
5b. Flowers, crazy daisies as they are, on the night-stand.
5c. A cheque to cash.
5d. A cheerbomb from the cakemistress extraordinaire, Warrior Queen and Jellied Eel.
5e. The sous chef’s award for excellent work.
5f. Safe travels.
5h. Waking up the way I think is best to wake up. 1 day ago
Gratitude is oozing:
1. For smooth sailing
2. That it wasn’t serious
3. For whatever is
4. For the down moment, which led to a change for the better
5. For eyesight 1 day ago
- Learning I won a free painting class
- The neighbor who received my package (it was misdelivered), brought it to me
- I made the time to complete necessary paperwork
- Running 4.5 miles, by the lake
- A Glide video from my son
- Helping my daughter with her hair
- The feeling and restoration that come with meditation 1 day ago
2. Freedom in choice of religion whereas some are going through hell in Iraq
3. My daughter
4. My home
5. Food in my kitchen 1 day ago
:-) Forecast showers in the AM. I had a few sprinkles on my way to work but nothing requiring an umbrella.
:-) The day turned hot and steamy. Summer is still here. I just may be able to take P swimming this weekend.
:-) Work has been started on our rental house. I hope it gets finished before cold weather comes.
:-) Our tenants at the other house have given me the head up they plan to move next month. I’ve been expecting it.
:-) A good foot rub.
Bonus: waking up and going to bed with one more day of 43Things2 days ago
1. Attentions and affection. I will put them here first. Thank you, Mr. S.
2. A gently lowing swishy-tailed filet in the belly, and unlimited soup to begin.
4. Last words of camaraderie. Thank you, 43Things friends. You are real – as in genuine – friends.
5. Finding a good summer outfit fix at the local Sally. 2 days ago
I am totally grateful:
1. for being able to play guitar easily
2. for the things I do that make my heart sing
3. for the next thing I discover that does likewise – thank you
4. for spontaneous laughter
5. for a newly written and taped song list on my guitar
6. for my amazing life
7. for this amazing goal
8. for being ready for my upcoming gig
9. for the beautiful music playing
10. I am always free, in any moment, to make a new choice 2 days ago
:-) First day back to work after taking a whole week of vacation. Easier for me then I thought. Learned of some minor changes coming. Hopefully for the better.
:-) Worked an hour over my first day back. I needed to stay in town anyway so this worked out well.
:-) The afternoon rain in the forecast never appeared. We’ve had enough for now.
:-) Met with my brother/the contractor after work on fixing the rental house. He plans to start work on it today.
:-) Accompanied my daughter and granddaughter to the open house at house to meet with P’s teacher Mrs. Gonzalez. Upon entering the classroom, we noticed a group of parents with their children speaking with the teacher in Spanish. They all appeared Hispanic. Only one couple stood aside with their child not involved in the conversation. My daughter being my daughter mumbles “Oh great! They put P in the classroom with all the Spanish speaking kids. She won’t understand a word the teacher says.”
I almost cant contain myself “I guess it’s the last name. At least she’ll finally learn some Spanish.” I cant stop laughing.
That’s when I notice the people standing aside. I recognized the style of dress and whisper to my daughter “I bet they never learned to speak Spanish in Micronesia.”
After looking around the classroom, I notice that maybe a fourth of the kids may have Spanish roots and it is probably a nice idea for the teacher to be bilingual. After the Spanish speaking group has left and the Micronesian couple talk with the teacher, we finally get introductions. I think P will have a great year in the first grade if my daughter doesn’t end up moving to the city.
:-) 3 days ago
1. Attentions, affections
3. Last words of remembrance and love and
4. Good pizza and
5. Blanc de blancs 3 days ago
I am delightedly grateful:
1. for more sunny, dry weather
2. for greater ease
3. for a cool convenience store around the corner
4. for the ability to express myself musically through whistling
5. for toilets, conveniently located 3 days ago
- Another lazy morning filled with coffee and 43 things. I swear there has been more activity the last couple days then the past 10 years. One big going away celebration.
- Helped G with mowing. The grass was still wet from the last couple days but it needed doing.
- Sunshine peaking through in the afternoon.
- I got all P’s school and other things ready to take home. P had spent so much time here I think she had more clothes here then at home. Especially since I always end up with so much to wash.
- Took P back home to see her mommy while I ran some errands. She chose to stay which was good and allowed G and I to have a little time to ourselves. 4 days ago
1. Still here? Bonus!
2. Bergamot gelato and chocolate with the sous chef.
3. Splinting the sunflower to give it a fighting chance at blooming.
4. Attentions, affections.
5. I am realistic, and it feels better than idealistic. For now. 4 days ago
Today I am grateful for:
1. Two days past 43Things ending date and I can still give cheers away.
2. And I can still post
3. A great bike ride this morning out by Lake Ontario
4. Seeing a bunch of old friends last night
5. For the dream I had that I still remember, full of closeness and tenderness. I don’t usually remember my dreams, but this one will stay with me for awhile. 4 days ago
1. some yard sale coups
2. writing thoughtfully and artfully instead of yammering
3. another day of bonus 43Things
4. returning from another planet far from this universe
5. getting rid of schtuff means you don’t have to lift it and/or drag it around 4 days ago
I am intuitively grateful:
1. for rainbowabundance on youtube
2. that life on this site goes on
3. for African Radio on iTunes
4. for the love flowing through me to my wrist
5. for the opportunity to love myself unconditionally and affirm that “it’s all good” and realize the truth of that 4 days ago
- Waking up and discovering that 43 Things is still up and active.
- Waffles for brunch. I didn’t quite have enough milk for the batter and added 1/2 applesauce. They smelled good and came out alright.
- Watched Aladdin with P. One of my favorite Robin Williams’/Disney movies.
- Took a brisk walk in the afternoon. Took P to the kiddie park.
- Stayed up late on 43 Things. 4 days ago
- I saw a comment posted, then came back and realized 43T isn’t READ ONLY quite yet
- Sunny skies for most of the day
- Completing my training schedule for the week
- Attending a festival downtown with my daughter
- Hearing an awesome choir and two wonderful singers at the festival!
- Dance and drumming
- Becoming asked to be part of a new Team today. It was unexpected and welcome
- Saying no thank you to someone who only pretends to ‘show up’ in my life…
- Saying “Yes!” to life~ 5 days ago
♥ thankful for 43-letters, written on autumn leaves.
♥ thankful for the very last chance to send out love in little cheers.
♥ thankful for mashko and her sparkles.
♥ thankful for puddles and gray clouds.
♥ thankful for a rainy afternoon, for raindrop pearls in my hair. 5 days ago
I am blazingly grateful:
1. that the site is still here, after the ostensible 8/15 shutdown
2. for the opportunity to figure out in what form I will continue this goal (or not)
3. for the situation I am in, where I can choose to anticipate improvement
4. for having woken up in a great frame of mind and mood
5. for the myriad good things in my life
6. for the noting of mental patterns and having the personal power to alter them
7. for having the patience to wait for my desires to manifest
8. for my latest Abraham DVD, Laying New Pipes
9. for the ease in fulfilling this goal
10. I am wearing a shirt that I rarely wear, but is quite special in its design
11. for remembering to set my intentions before activities
12. for having more than enough money
13. for having more than enough songs to play
14. for having more than enough space in my home
15. for having more than enough clothes 5 days ago
- Gratitude for the rain in abundance and glad it decided to come on Friday instead of Thursday, the day we went to the fair.
- Discovered a window open at our little house we use for storage. After investigating, we realized our friend must have come and gotten some of his stuff but he still has so much still stored there.
- Acquired a loan on my life insurance to do the work on the rental house. Now we’ll be able to get the materials.
- Spent a lazy afternoon watching The Birdcage while the rain went pitter-patter outside.
- G and P decided on grilled cheese sandwiches and soup for dinner. That was easy. ♥5 days ago
1. Returning from a very pious wedding to let the fur fly with pithy musings that sound neither negative nor wet-blankety, a glass of merlot, some popcorn and the remnants of 43Things
2. Attentions, affections
3. Those who let me read aloud even though they are trapped in a car
5. I think there is still time for a quick shower and a return to an active site 6 days ago
♥ thankful for the sounds of life outside as i am writing this, thankful for being born into this world, for having this day, for being at home here.
♥ thankful for all the beauty, thankful for tiny words that carry so much heart and warmth and life.
♥ thankful for hope. thank you, hope.
♥ thankful for all the beginnings, and for the knowing that they bring strength and courage with them.
♥ thankful for everyone who has visited my home here. thank you. 6 days ago