Finally got a break in the heat after 10 days of temperatures soaring into the mid to upper 90s.
Hump day! Sometimes the significance is lost to me but my granddaughter has learned it means the middle of the week. At least they are still teaching children some of the basics.
I got off work early and picked P up early from school to take her to the dentist. Look mom, no cavities!
I felt a little bit like we were playing hooky. It was really too late for me to return and her to return to school so we went to the park after the dental appointment.
Reading to my granddaughter and her reading to grandma 3 weeks ago
People doing thisSee everyone
Finally got a break in the heat after 10 days of temperatures soaring into the mid to upper 90s.
- Morning coffee.
- Awesome coworkers.
- Getting bills paid.
- My Fall hay fever has taken a detour.
The companionship of our kitties. 3 weeks ago
:-) My friend Anna finally came to first shift.
:-) G went over to R’s house and hooked up her gas stove. Now she can cook.
:-) I spoke on the phone with someone from the public school system where my granddaughter goes to school. He agreed that P should be able to get a bus pass because there are too many busy intersections between her house and school. Hopefully, we will have her on a bus before the week is over.
:-) The sudden heat hasn’t been too kind to local gardens but I found a cache of tomatoes. Bacon and tomato sandwiches in the near future, MMMMMMmmmmmmm.
:-) Spoke with my cousin via Facebook last night. We still got a lot of catching up to do. 4 weeks ago
- Waking up
- Morning meditation
- The neighbor who came to help when a trash bag burst open, leaving all of its contents in my driveway
- Party preparation with/for my daughter
- Attending B’s party this evening
- Laughter throughout the day
- Seeing an old friend while out and about
- Options and choice~ 4 weeks ago
- Clearing out spaces filled with excess stuff
- Cleaning and adding ‘shine’ to my wooden floors
- A friend that brought over chairs and a table for my daughter’s party this weekend
- Regular conversations with my best friend (it’s been a while)
- Changing the things that I can
- When it’s all said and done, we are never alone 4 weeks ago
:-) My returning to work. My day off Wednesday turned out to be therapeutic.
:-) Picked up my granddaughter from school and her telling me how her day went.
:-) Picked up the rent from our tenants. Both what was owed from last month and all this month’s paid. Now it is time to pay my own bills.
:-) Too hot to cook or eat. I nuked chimichangas for G. I ate a slice of leftover pizza straight out of the fridge. Never realized cold pizza could taste so good.
:-) Ice cream for dessert. Topped with Hershey’s syrup and a drop of Carolan’s Irish cream. In a taste test, I could tell no difference between Carolan’s and Bailey’s.
43 Things was still up and running.4 weeks ago
1. Tenacity (mine)
2. A sun-room (mine)
3. Design advice (Alison’s)
4. Attention, affection (Mr. S)
5. A burrito (mine) 4 weeks ago
Today I am grateful for:
1. A day off from work
2. The rain disappearing so I could get a bike ride in
3. A call from a friend who is traveling in Finland. We made plans to meet up Sunday. (She come home Friday. I’m not going to Finland.)
4. Finding that little gazebo to escape that short downpour
5. Getting to see Little Grand Dude for a bit.
PLUS – this is my 300th entry under this goal. It it all ends tonight, I have a nice round number of entries. 4 weeks ago
I am realizing gratitude:
1. for my right wrist
2. for my guitar playing ability
3. it will all be over in four hours
4. for new strings
5. for remembering to turn the volume back on after tuning
6. for my cool shirt
7. there is no right way to do anything, only the way I do it
8. my life is well stocked with what I need
9. I am free to choose a new experience at any moment and applying that realization
10. what I clarify and focus on comes to pass 4 weeks ago
- Getting in a workout at the gym
- Sweet watermelon
- I finally painted the (formerly pink and purple) bedroom with primer
- Music that makes me forget I’m working
- A pleasant and unexpected phone call from my son
- Focusing on the answers~
- 4 weeks ago
- I decided to not to go into work and called in and took a personal day.
- R remembered to take and send me pictures of P’s first day of school. P was so excited.
- G and I went shopping and got a quick lunch. G just needed to get out of the house for a bit.
- I took R to pick up P from school. Everything was so confusing. I’d been told school was dismissed at 2:55 so we came early.
- I brought P home with me and was going to take her to the pool because it was so hot but they have already started draining it. We went to the park for a little bit and I read to her. We managed to stay cool and found some cucumbers ready in the garden.
43 Things continues to be up and running. Hooray for one more day!4 weeks ago
1. Two years of a healing heart.
2. I have learned that inflicting pain hurts the inflictor more than the inflictee.
4. My old friend Alison, who now lives in England, hasn’t forgotten me. We are getting together tomorrow to talk art and more art and what to do about art.
5. Attentions, affections.
5a. Avocado bruschetta.
5b. Flowers, crazy daisies as they are, on the night-stand.
5c. A cheque to cash.
5d. A cheerbomb from the cakemistress extraordinaire, Warrior Queen and Jellied Eel.
5e. The sous chef’s award for excellent work.
5f. Safe travels.
5h. Waking up the way I think is best to wake up. 4 weeks ago
Gratitude is oozing:
1. For smooth sailing
2. That it wasn’t serious
3. For whatever is
4. For the down moment, which led to a change for the better
5. For eyesight 4 weeks ago
- Learning I won a free painting class
- The neighbor who received my package (it was misdelivered), brought it to me
- I made the time to complete necessary paperwork
- Running 4.5 miles, by the lake
- A Glide video from my son
- Helping my daughter with her hair
- The feeling and restoration that come with meditation 4 weeks ago
2. Freedom in choice of religion whereas some are going through hell in Iraq
3. My daughter
4. My home
5. Food in my kitchen 4 weeks ago
:-) Forecast showers in the AM. I had a few sprinkles on my way to work but nothing requiring an umbrella.
:-) The day turned hot and steamy. Summer is still here. I just may be able to take P swimming this weekend.
:-) Work has been started on our rental house. I hope it gets finished before cold weather comes.
:-) Our tenants at the other house have given me the head up they plan to move next month. I’ve been expecting it.
:-) A good foot rub.
Bonus: waking up and going to bed with one more day of 43Things4 weeks ago
1. Attentions and affection. I will put them here first. Thank you, Mr. S.
2. A gently lowing swishy-tailed filet in the belly, and unlimited soup to begin.
4. Last words of camaraderie. Thank you, 43Things friends. You are real – as in genuine – friends.
5. Finding a good summer outfit fix at the local Sally. 4 weeks ago
I am totally grateful:
1. for being able to play guitar easily
2. for the things I do that make my heart sing
3. for the next thing I discover that does likewise – thank you
4. for spontaneous laughter
5. for a newly written and taped song list on my guitar
6. for my amazing life
7. for this amazing goal
8. for being ready for my upcoming gig
9. for the beautiful music playing
10. I am always free, in any moment, to make a new choice 1 month ago
:-) First day back to work after taking a whole week of vacation. Easier for me then I thought. Learned of some minor changes coming. Hopefully for the better.
:-) Worked an hour over my first day back. I needed to stay in town anyway so this worked out well.
:-) The afternoon rain in the forecast never appeared. We’ve had enough for now.
:-) Met with my brother/the contractor after work on fixing the rental house. He plans to start work on it today.
:-) Accompanied my daughter and granddaughter to the open house at house to meet with P’s teacher Mrs. Gonzalez. Upon entering the classroom, we noticed a group of parents with their children speaking with the teacher in Spanish. They all appeared Hispanic. Only one couple stood aside with their child not involved in the conversation. My daughter being my daughter mumbles “Oh great! They put P in the classroom with all the Spanish speaking kids. She won’t understand a word the teacher says.”
I almost cant contain myself “I guess it’s the last name. At least she’ll finally learn some Spanish.” I cant stop laughing.
That’s when I notice the people standing aside. I recognized the style of dress and whisper to my daughter “I bet they never learned to speak Spanish in Micronesia.”
After looking around the classroom, I notice that maybe a fourth of the kids may have Spanish roots and it is probably a nice idea for the teacher to be bilingual. After the Spanish speaking group has left and the Micronesian couple talk with the teacher, we finally get introductions. I think P will have a great year in the first grade if my daughter doesn’t end up moving to the city.
:-) 1 month ago
1. Attentions, affections
3. Last words of remembrance and love and
4. Good pizza and
5. Blanc de blancs 1 month ago
I am delightedly grateful:
1. for more sunny, dry weather
2. for greater ease
3. for a cool convenience store around the corner
4. for the ability to express myself musically through whistling
5. for toilets, conveniently located 1 month ago
- Another lazy morning filled with coffee and 43 things. I swear there has been more activity the last couple days then the past 10 years. One big going away celebration.
- Helped G with mowing. The grass was still wet from the last couple days but it needed doing.
- Sunshine peaking through in the afternoon.
- I got all P’s school and other things ready to take home. P had spent so much time here I think she had more clothes here then at home. Especially since I always end up with so much to wash.
- Took P back home to see her mommy while I ran some errands. She chose to stay which was good and allowed G and I to have a little time to ourselves. 1 month ago
1. Still here? Bonus!
2. Bergamot gelato and chocolate with the sous chef.
3. Splinting the sunflower to give it a fighting chance at blooming.
4. Attentions, affections.
5. I am realistic, and it feels better than idealistic. For now. 1 month ago
Today I am grateful for:
1. Two days past 43Things ending date and I can still give cheers away.
2. And I can still post
3. A great bike ride this morning out by Lake Ontario
4. Seeing a bunch of old friends last night
5. For the dream I had that I still remember, full of closeness and tenderness. I don’t usually remember my dreams, but this one will stay with me for awhile. 1 month ago
1. some yard sale coups
2. writing thoughtfully and artfully instead of yammering
3. another day of bonus 43Things
4. returning from another planet far from this universe
5. getting rid of schtuff means you don’t have to lift it and/or drag it around 1 month ago
I am intuitively grateful:
1. for rainbowabundance on youtube
2. that life on this site goes on
3. for African Radio on iTunes
4. for the love flowing through me to my wrist
5. for the opportunity to love myself unconditionally and affirm that “it’s all good” and realize the truth of that 1 month ago
- Waking up and discovering that 43 Things is still up and active.
- Waffles for brunch. I didn’t quite have enough milk for the batter and added 1/2 applesauce. They smelled good and came out alright.
- Watched Aladdin with P. One of my favorite Robin Williams’/Disney movies.
- Took a brisk walk in the afternoon. Took P to the kiddie park.
- Stayed up late on 43 Things. 1 month ago
- I saw a comment posted, then came back and realized 43T isn’t READ ONLY quite yet
- Sunny skies for most of the day
- Completing my training schedule for the week
- Attending a festival downtown with my daughter
- Hearing an awesome choir and two wonderful singers at the festival!
- Dance and drumming
- Becoming asked to be part of a new Team today. It was unexpected and welcome
- Saying no thank you to someone who only pretends to ‘show up’ in my life…
- Saying “Yes!” to life~ 1 month ago
♥ thankful for 43-letters, written on autumn leaves.
♥ thankful for the very last chance to send out love in little cheers.
♥ thankful for mashko and her sparkles.
♥ thankful for puddles and gray clouds.
♥ thankful for a rainy afternoon, for raindrop pearls in my hair. 1 month ago