Two chapters a day, everyday for two years.
Easy peasy! 2 months ago
Get rewarded for your shopping skills on Shop for Fun
Shop for Fun is an online fashion game where you build a dream wardrobe and create outfits to win Amazon gift certificates.
www.ask.com/Read+The+Entire+Bible Search for Read The Entire Bible Find Great Results on Ask.com!
People doing thisSee everyone
Two chapters a day, everyday for two years.
“Why do the righteous suffer?”
Because God kills children to test people, Really????
Basically Job is tested, chats with his mates, remains faithful to God and talks to God then everything is OK in the end.
At 42 Chapters it is very long. 2 months ago
A history of the “Jews” and how they are the chosen people.
Purim started from it.
No direct mention of God. 2 months ago
First Person narrative of a dude rebuilding Jerusalem.
And listing all those who have been good.
Another “history” of the “chosen people”. 2 months ago
the bible i have has feedback on just about every page about everything I’m reading… so most of the time I’m reading the passage AND the other interpretations/notes (from 2 sources). It’s been an interesting read. I may have to read earlier, since I have found it hard to stay up a few nites when reading.
Some questions that came to mind in reading about the creation:
1. i don’t recall any references of dinosaurs in the bible.. i’d imagine with such 3story huge creatures who see you as food, there should be some mention/reference of them in the old testament, right?
2. how old is the earth? in doing some light research, i’ve found that it’s confirmed by science in a reliable way (by reading radioactive decay of minerals) that the earth is about 4.5 billion years old and that the interpretation in the bible that the earth is 6,0000 years old is incorrect. This is the enlightening reference that I found:
i agree w/the author’s note -
The vast ages of the earth does not diminish the power and glory of God, but establishes that God thought that preparing the earth for human habitation was billions of years of preparation.
3. so god created man(kind) on the 6th day, and on the 7th he rested… then later, he created Adam… so I’m confused about the sequence of events… if mankind was created on the 6th day and man (again) – Adam – was created AFTER… then what happened or who were the people created on the 6th day?
4. interesting that god gave us our VERY FIRST test, and we failed. eve listening to the serpent was perty much the downfall of mankind from heaven on earth… and that is where the world that was once the domain of mankind (dominion of the earth) was given up to the “Evil One”..
there’s a few more, but i’ll keep this short. i just wondered about how god made us kinda has a seed of possible doom to begin with: greed, ego, ambition… while characteristics that can be used for good… those were the ones that brought us down – the wanting of being more than we were… to become god’s equal or closer to it by getting to the tree of knowledge.
anyway.. time to get some shut eye. 4 months ago
I’ve spent 3 days reading since I began… including all the footnotes as I read made for much slower reading… plus reading at nite (too late at nite) can minimize how much i can read.
a family friend whom i mentioned about reading the bible as my goal made a point i never considered… she told me no need to rush.. ENJOY your journey in reading.
that’s something to keep in mind… it shouldn’t feel like a chore (and it doesn’t). I’m only on page 6! 6 pages done.. over 1100+ left to go… look forward to reading the big good book! :) 4 months ago
I heard a person committed to reading 12 pages everyday. In doing this, he completed the bible in three months. The bible i have is the new king james version… I’ve counted 1,847 pages total. That means 1,847/12 = 153.9 (154 days) or about 154/30 = 5.13 (5 mo’s). According to the calendar, I should complete this goal by june 12, 2013.
What I hope/expect to get at the end of this goal:
1. a better relationship with the god;
2. a deeper understanding of my faith;
4. a better relationship with others;
5. peace & fulfillment;
6. mindful and understanding of being a good christian/good perosn.
7. better utilize the gifts god gave us;
8. my purpose in life…
ok, here i go! 4 months ago
New Testament. want to read it again since parts I read were years ago. but technically now I’ve read it all at least once. Reading Old Testament now. Ezra was surprising, and Nehemiah I’m really liking so far. He writes so different. It makes me smile, and I rather like him. We’ll see how the book ends. This is not an active goal on my list, but it is in my life, and I’m grateful because it’s making a difference.
trying to hold on in a crazy spinning world,
- choosing gradually to embrace freedom 4 months ago
I read the OT over a few months, then stopped…for four years. 5 months ago
How the Jews were sent to the naughty step for being wicked. The naughty step was in Babylonia. They were eventually good and allowed to return to Jerusalem. They cleaned it up.
Basically staking the claim that the Jews were the chosen people.
Quite historical. 5 months ago
Err, its Chronicles. Its long and boring, every time I started I failed to get through it until Now.
It starts with a history of King Solomon.
The remainder is the kings of Judah in the Babylonian exile and return to Jerusalem.
I sincerely thank God I have finished that book. 5 months ago
Song of Solomon
2 Corinthians (complete)
Revelation 7 months ago