I vow to teach my son:
1. Gardening and growing our own food.
2. RECYCLING!!! How to read the number codes for plastics, how to properly rinse the item, to not combine them with regular trash, separating stuff, etc.
3. To not need new stuff all the time. Used stuff is just as good, if not better because the money saved can go toward education, etc.
4. Those “fun” pre-packaged kid foods drive me NUTS. I will teach him to take those same fun foods and stick them in re-usable tupperware.
5. We can walk to places instead of driving. He will appreciate the outdoors and how nice it can be to just take a walk.
6. Seriously limit TV time so that he isn’t exposed to commerical after commercial. Less crap to buy.
7. Take him to the carnival for his birthday, or camping, or to another fun event instead of buying MORE toys to wrap in layers of paper. 5 years ago