I am working (sort of irregularly, but every week) on this since November. Currently I am doing about 100 push-ups in three sets two or three times a week. My maximum amount of reps in one set is 43 (achieved today).
Probably the main reason I feel more motivated now is the fact I weigh 8 kgs less (how?) than four months ago :D imagine doing push-ups with an 8 kg rucksack! My rucksack is gone, and I feel much better now.
Slowly but surely. 2 months ago
1. Gym – Chest and Tri-s
2. At work we had a retirement celebration for Juana. We recounted 37 years with the company. After the tears, we had white cake with strawberry filling. Juana’s last day is Monday, January 14. We wanted to recognize her early just in case she decides not to come in on Monday.
3. After work we had happy hour which lasted til 2:30 in the morning. We went bar hopping and ended up in a dive gay bar where I learned how to play shuffle board. I had a ridiculous amount of fun even if I lost most of the games. 4 months ago
1. I Bought a tin full of tea. Its been about 2 months since I’ve stopped drinking coffee. Tea has been a great alternative for my caffeine fix. I feel it gives me a better sense of well-being than coffee does and it doesn’t exacerbate my eczema. I’ve been a coffee enthusiast for decades so I am surprised that it was easy for me to quit. I will have an occasional sip if Bruce is drinking.
2. For lunch Bruce and I went to Whole Foods. I had a Veggie wrap which they make to order. This wrap had all kinds of veggies with baba ganoush and hummus.
3. On my way home from work, I got a text message from Bruce saying that he bought us Human Nature tickets. After a quick dinner with Bruce, I rushed out the door to go to African dance class. I will write more about this under that goal. 4 months ago
How I did it: It shouldn't have taken so long. But I wasn't regular when I started this in November 09. Only worked at this regularly since August 2012 (almost everyday) so it really took me a bit more than a month.
I started by aiming to do 100 press ups in several sets.
When I reached this first goal, I increased the first set each time so I could do 100 in fewer and fewer sets until I did 100 straight today.
I'm gonna have to keep doing this, it got me ripped! Read how I did it… 7 months ago
I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. :) 8 months ago
Getting there… 8 months ago
but not consecutively…AAAARGHH! Not quite 75 in the first set either…Hmmmm
1X20 8 months ago
YAY! Aim is to increase first set gradually until I do 100 straight.
This is definitely happening!!! 8 months ago
Did’t quite do what I planned but did 135 (3X45).
I should be able to do 2 sets of 50 press ups soon! 8 months ago
...in 3 sets.
Next step is attempt 2 sets of 50 press ups. 8 months ago
Funny how much of a difference a sparring partner can make!
1 set of 50
1 set of 40
2 sets of 30
1 set of 10.
Man….I really felt that last set! 8 months ago
1 set of 40
1 set of 30
1 set of 20
1 set of 10.
I was struggling a lil less. That’s progress! :) 8 months ago
...but not all in one go.
1st set: 40
then 3 sets of 10.
Took me 15 mns.
:) 9 months ago
Can only manage 50 now…and I stopped thrice! Thats what u get by not being consistent … 9 months ago
did 40 then 30 then 15 yesterday.
will do more than that today. 10 months ago
Yeah. i’m out of shape. I did a set of 30 pushups. Then 15. then another 10. But its a start. I will push myself and do 31 tomorrow for my first set. and so on. 10 months ago
I had to have a break on this goal. It might seem ridiculous, but I fell three weeks ago while running. It was nothing important actually, but I fell in a part of the cycle lane which looks like sandpaper. As a result I got my palm skin scraped, and I could not make any press ups until now.
Now I am ok, so I will restart soon. 10 months ago
Regular: 46,30,31; Decline: 8, 15, 15; Close grip: 3×12 Need to work out more often. 12 months ago
Yesterday I completed 25 consecutive pushups. It is not great deal, I have done better before, but it is a good restart, and it is also a milestone in this goal (my sub-goal was to complete this by 13th May). 12 months ago
60 is the best I can do today. 13 months ago
Started this again. Didn’t manage 100 push ups but getting close. Did about 80 in 4 stints 14 months ago