Actually I’ve been good with this for a few weeks now, I just forgot the goal was still on my list. 5 years ago
Get rewarded for your shopping skills on Shop for Fun
Shop for Fun is an online fashion game where you build a dream wardrobe and create outfits to win Amazon gift certificates.
www.discovercard.com/Student Apply for a Discover it® Card. Enjoy Rewards with No Annual Fee.
www.depressionoutreachstudy.com/ For People Taking Antidepressants But Still Experiencing Symptoms.
But I’m hoping the brunt of “beginnings” is done, and it will roll along at a more gentle pace now. The Equinox gathering was a mellow, fun, success. I brought some sunflower seed butter and sunflower seeds, and yarn, and the kids collected pine cones to make bird feeders. We strung them up around the school grounds. And I brought some chicken and rice to share with families and teachers.
I went to a Board meeting, and think I will keep going. And am encouraging other parents to do so, too.
Overall, I feel very lucky that my kids (and I) have this community around us. 5 years ago
Am currently dealing with:
1) a new principal at the school who is a mainstream conservative racist patronizing jerk—however well-intentioned.
2) a new group of parents who invited “Christian kids” to See You at the Flagpole Now, I don’t know if any of these parents know about the wider group and the more controversial things they’ve been a part of: like nailing the names of non-Christian kids, or not the right kind of Christians (like Catholics) to a cross, and pray for their conversion. The group is rabidly evangelical, and its whole point is conversion….
3) class dynamics for one of my kids
4) starting my own practice now that both my kids are at school
5) getting over a bad cold that everyone has been passing around now that the kids are all in school again
Luckily, I feel I have a lot of support from friends—other parents at the school, and my kids’ teachers. And there are many open-minded families who whether they are Christian, or Atheist, or Wiccan, or Buddhist, or Jewish, can empathize with feelings of exclusion and possible oppression. And many have agreed to attend an inclusive and diverse gathering on a different day. And I finally got some herbs for my horrendous cold. 5 years ago