We have been home for almost a week now. As I sit back and try to recount all we did there, I find we really did a lot. When we were there, it seemed like there was just a lot of sitting around by the pool, which there was, but we also did a bunch of the activities provided by the resort and just some on our own.
A few of my favorite activities:
- lounging around the pool
- enjoying a few beers at the swim up bar
- reading a book
- ordering room service
- swam some laps in the pool outside our room and also swam some laps in the 100 meter lap pool. This was so nice; swimming for 100 m without having to turn around.
- running on the beach
- lobster dinner on the beach
- attending the nightly shows. They were an acrobatic dance type of show. Very entertaining.
- snorkeling along the coral reef and seeing a lot of different, friendly fish.
- a boat ride on a catamaran
- touring the ruins at Tulum
- dinner every night as a family.
- learning how to drink tequila
- watching the kids go kayaking
- relaxing in the Jacuzzi in our room during the one rain storm
Maybe the best part of the whole trip was that all 6 of us got along so well and there was no fighting or anyone getting mad at something or someone. I truly have a great family. 14 months ago