- Learn Java
- Lose 25 pounds
- Get a job or get my associate’s degree.
- Improve my Spanish
- Journal regularly throughout 2008
- Teach my son to speak
- Cook more, cook healthier
- Learn a new word a week for 1 year and actually use them
Note: I’ve got more goals, but these are the one’s I am focusing on specifically for 2008. The others are either shorter term or longer-range. 5 years ago
and I have thought of a few otherss that are more specific and I think I will adopt most if not all of them. 5 years ago
1. read a book a month for 2008 starting with Stephen King’s Dark Tower series.
2. downhill ski again. I haven’t been in 25 years and would like to try it again.
3. Learn to cross country ski maybe with Amber as she is interested in this as well.
4. Treat myself to more massages, perhaps one every month and find a way to pay for it.
5. Learn how to drive a motorcycle and maybe even buy one for the summer.
6. ride my bike more, shoot for 300 miles over the summer
7. attempt to lose weight but put more of a focus on consistently choosing healthier options like daily aerobic exercise to drop my body fat percents and look at that instead of the scale and work with some weights more
8. See the fireworks festival this summer
9. visit Ottawa for the tulip festival in May
10. take up running
11. pay off all the medical bills and move on to something else.
12. go back to school, don’t know how I would afford this and have a massage once a month pay all my medical bills, ski and buy a motorcycle but I guess if I relaly want to do this, I would have to find a way.
13. take a real vacation and go on a trip somewhere, (ha ha ha)
14. get the resume together
15. find a job that pays all the bills and maybe even school.
16. atttend more cultural events, museums, symphony, theater (with all that extra money)
17. finish some specific goals currently on my list like get passports and update my resume and a few others.
18. learn to fly fish
19. try ice fishing at least once
20. hike a section of the long trail.
21. buy some hiking boots
22. go to the baseball hall of fame
23. get in better shape, the shape I have been dreaming of but don’t really make the effort to work at.
24. make some serious choices about my career. 5 years ago
I think that I’m going to clean this list up a bit. I want to add new goals and I think that I might want to let some of the current goals go. We’ll see. I’m going to think about this one this week; it would be nice to have the beginnings of a list for next year ready before Christmas. 5 years ago