I’m in the process of applying for new jobs within my organisation as part of the restructure. It’s interesting though…most of the examples of my skills and experience I’m using in my applications are not from my current role. I knew I was taking a bit of a step backwards with this job but this process has really highlighted it. I’ve had a nice time but I guess it’s time to start challenging myself again (not so it breaks me though). 2 days ago
Get rewarded for your shopping skills on Shop for Fun
Shop for Fun is an online fashion game where you build a dream wardrobe and create outfits to win Amazon gift certificates.
www.nextdirect.com/usa Spend $40 Or More & You Will Get Fast Free Delivey. Order Online!
www.farespotter.net/Rental-Cars Pickup vehicle from 750+ airports. Book your rental from $13.95 a day!
People doing thisSee everyone
maybe i can’t reach my goals as i wrote them but my life is turning around in some kind of unexpected ways. 3 weeks ago
1. Living downstairs in a house.
With a “not-so-comfortable” land lady RIGHT above us and my boyfriends brother renting the room next to ours..
2. Not attending school..
3. Exercising is at a very low dose weekly…
On a better note :4. Cut back on my drinking and smoking of tobacco :)
hopefully I’ll be able to fully quit soon ! 3 weeks ago
How I did it: I began saying yes more often. The biggest change occurred when I got a housemate. I barely knew the woman (a friend of a friend). We share several interests but our personalities are opposites. She's all goodness and light while I'm a bit of a curmudgeon. Her positiveness has affected me in a good way. I see more possibilities opening up. I'm taking better care of myself. It feels like the foundation of my life has shifted for good. Transformation happens in an instant. Read how I did it… 5 months ago
1. i was passing by my car at the side of road, under 1m of snow, unregistered. now it is registered and in neighbor’s garage. snow is still piled high.
2. i was contemplating about going to gym, now i go to gym, once a week, but i go.
3. i was curing stress with pastry and gained 5 kg – and now i’m 7 kg lighter. in the mean time totaly changed my diet, switched to ER4YT. and in this high stress time stop losing but gained zero. huge change! was it last year or one before that?
4. i was dwelling over clutter at home and worked my ass off trying to make house decent for xmass and couldn’t. my SO didn’t want to help. was so exosted and sad for it. this year i don’t even bother trying. clutter is at highest point ever. i try not to look around.
wow, my life is very different than last year. 5 months ago
We had a work team planning session today. This is the first time I’ve been in a high performing team since…let me see…2005. Everyone gets on well. There are no dysfunctional personalities. Where there is disagreement it’s discussed in a non-aggressive way. My new team is fantastic! 6 months ago
I’ve been in my new job for 4 weeks now. In that short period of time people have said to me things like:
“No you don’t need to show me that report. You’re brainier than me and I trust that you’ve done a great job.”
“I’m so glad you’ve joined our team. You’re bringing such valuable skills and experience and already you’ve made a huge difference.”
“Thank you so much for helping me. You’ve made it so much easier for me to do my job.”
I mean, seriously, I have never worked in a place where I have felt so appreciated!! I wasn’t really planning to stay for that long because my friends and family are in a different city but if things keep going the way they are I might reconsider. This is a great job with great people and that doesn’t come along every day. 6 months ago
I started doing pottery classes a couple of weeks ago and I’m loving it. It’s so relaxing and I love the feeling of making something that I might potentially actually use. I say this because my first efforts were not that great, but I’m so far really happy with the dishes and bowl I made last week (they just require some finishing off). This could be a great new hobby for me I think, and one that will mean I get to interact with other interesting creative people. 7 months ago
Now I’m in a new job I get home at a reasonable time. I leave work at around 5.30pm or sometimes before depending on what time I started. At my last job I used to work until between 7pm and 8pm. I was usually exhausted by the time I got home. Now I have an extra 2 to 3 hours of extra time that I can do all sorts of things with (I just have to decide what…). 7 months ago
I set this goal in September/October 2011, while still in South Carolina. I was living on my friend Michelle’s couch and I was unemployed.
Now, a year later, I am living in a suburb of Dayton, Ohio. I share an apartment with one of my dear brothers. I have a part-time job and I am a full-time student. I am dating again.
Yay me! :p 8 months ago
By August 2013:
1. I want to start exercising and I want exercising to be an important part of my daily routine.
But weirdly for something I want I can’t seem to motivate myself to actually do this. Any ideas? Anyone??
2. I want a hobby. I want something to be interested in outside of work and to look forward to doing.
I have a few ideas up my sleeve and will look into them over the next couple of weeks. 9 months ago
- many years i struggled with swimming, this year i took a coach and my swimming is completely different
- i was vegetarian many years and now i eat by type 0 blood group – completely different
- my mindset is different, now i know much more than before. i am more at peace with myself.
- i am wearing braces that i was never able before
- i am close to forgiving some people in my life since i am worth it
- i am not overweight any more, i am just fat thin now.
- i avoided libraries for lack of responsibility – now i can take this responsibility and now i read a lot
- i have thought i was friendless child and this year i reconected with some of my girl-friends from that time :-)
- my feet are completely different now due to walking barefoot
- i have completely different situation at work, same employee but having a different job, most of it positive
- my relation with my SO is profoundly different for the better.
- yes, those differences are profound – in fact, i do have almost completely different life.
- no, those things that were bugging me are still the same. i am not living my way yet. that is the main point.
i am keeping this goal. it is my manifest. never mind a year has passed. with focus i believe i can make a real difference within a year. i only need to focus on one by one and keep focused and enjoy them. e.g. i only need to stop entertain mysef with yet another thing to be amused about and apply some elbow greese!
so i am giving up all goals that are not supporting this list. 9 months ago
Well,I have a job. That’s news. :) I start school on August 27th. I’m definitely going to be able to complete this one by the one year mark. 9 months ago
How I did it: In the year I promised I would turn myself around I managed to:
- found and maintained employment
- maintained a relationship (one year next week!)
- lost and kept off fifteen pounds
- started volunteering
- opened a bank account and saved money
- rid myself of anxiety and depression without drugs
- made friends and (gasp!) enjoyed myself around people
I don't know how to explain how. I let myself tread water for a long time. I didn't do anything for months until I was ready.
I listened to myself and was deliberate in action and thought. I took my time, worked honestly and did my best.
Just being honest with myself and allowing myself to be crazy for a while let me become happier than I could ever imagine.