Cashew Curry Casserole: http://mikaeladanielle.com/2008/04/cooking-together-cashew-curry-caserole/
I deviated slightly from the recipe (follow link above for all details), but overall stayed pretty true to the original rocking recipe from Urban Vegan: http://urbanvegan.blogspot.com/2008/03/cashew-curry-casserole.htmlCashew Curry Casserole
- 1 head broccoli, chopped into 1 inch pieces, or one 1 lb bag of frozen broccoli
- 1 15 oz can whole tomatoes
- 1 16 oz can chick peas
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup plus 1 T cashew butter
- 1/2 cup rice milk [soy milk would also work]
- 1-2 tsp red curry paste
- 2 T fresh basil, chopped very fine
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Optional additions: 8 oz. mushrooms, thinly sliced; 1 red or yellow pepper, thinly sliced; 1 yellow squash, sliced
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
In a large bowl, whisk together the cashew butter, rice milk and basil. Add the curry paste, 1/2 teaspoon at a time, until the sauce is as hot as you like. [I add the full 2 tsps.] Be sure to whisk well so no clumps remain.
Toss all the other ingredients in a large casserole. Use a spatula to roughly break up the tomatoes, then pour on the cashew sauce. Stir well until all ingredients are combined and well coated.
Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake another 15-20 minutes, or until sauce has thickened. 4 years ago