2 months ago
Get rewarded for your shopping skills on Shop for Fun
Shop for Fun is an online fashion game where you build a dream wardrobe and create outfits to win Amazon gift certificates.
you can’t wait around for life to be good for you, you have to make it good for yourself with the resources that you have. That’s why you could own the whole entire world but if you don’t have the drive and urge to make your life special then you own absolutely nothing in the end. 2 months ago
Have patience with everything that remains unsolved in your heart. Try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books written in a foreign language. Do not now look for the answers. They cannot now be given to you because you could not live them. It is a question of experiencing everything. At present you need to live the question. Perhaps you will gradually, without even noticing it, find yourself experiencing the answer, some distant day.
” 2 months ago
You may feel comfortable bobbing around in the little lake that you’re used to, but if you don’t stretch your comfort zone and venture out into the adjoining waterways, you’ll never discover the beauty and immensity of the ocean – you will never even know it exists. Holding on to what’s comfortable may be the very reason you often feel like something is missing in your life. Remember, just because you venture out into the world doesn’t mean you can’t return home whenever you want to. It’s okay to come back to where you started, but it’s not okay to never leave. 2 months ago
- Be the bigger person and forgive those who have wronged you (even if they really don’t deserve it). You don’t have to let them know that you’ve forgiven them, just allow yourself to get to the point where you can walk past them on the street and not be bothered. You’ll be so much happier once you let go of the anger and bitterness within you -trust me on this one.
- If you want it, go for it. Stop making silly excuses. Don’t let your fear of failure get in the way of trying. Don’t let other people’s opinions change your dreams because at the end of the day, it’s your life to live. Forget the risk and take the fall. If it’s really what you want, it will be worth every single sacrifice you had to make to get there.
- At least once a month, stop for a minute or two and take it all in -the beautiful people in your life, your amazing life, your accomplishments, your shortcomings…just everything, both good and bad. While you should give yourself a pat on the back for all the fabulous things happening in your life, it’s important to stay grounded and realize when/where there’s room for improvement.
- Count to ten, no, count to one hundred before you say something in a fit of anger. Especially to people you love and care about. All the apologies and sweet gestures in the world cannot undo the hurt or take back spiteful words.
- Stand up for yourself. No one else is going to do it for you.
Say “please” and “thank you” more often and hold open doors for other people. As small as these gestures are, they could completely change someone’s perception of you, for all you know. And it never hurts to be polite anyway.
- Water. Drink lots and lots of it. Juices and tea are all good, but it’s not a substitute/the same thing. Water will make you feel good and look even better! 2 months ago
It pisses me off when people complain about how horrible their life is, but don’t do anything to change their plight. If you don’t like the way your life is right now, do something about it. Don’t sit on your ass and wait for “destiny” to unfold. Don’t sit around and wait for someone to come and save you; no one’s coming.
If you hate where you live, migrate. If you think you’re surrounded by horrible people, leave them and find new friends. If you’re in a relationship that makes you unhappy, pack your shit up, leave, and don’t look back. If you’re not doing well in school, spend more time burying your head in textbooks instead of in the ground after consuming too much cheap goon. If you can’t get a job, try, try, and try again. If you want something, go out there and get it. It’s definitely a lot easier said than done, but the fact of the matter is, nothing is going to change if you don’t do something about it. Life isn’t going to turn out the way you want it to if you leave it in the hands of “fate” or “destiny”.
Nine out of ten times, things don’t happen for a reason. If your life sucks and you can do something to change it but don’t want to, then shut the fuck up and sit down. Complaining about how horrible your life is, isn’t going to make your troubles vanish.
At the end of the day, the only person who can make your life a whole lot better or worse, is you. Not your friends, not your family, not your nosy neighbor, you. You’re the hero of this story, no one is coming to rescue you. You are an amazing, beautiful, intelligent, iridescent being and you possess the power to change your life, it’s just a matter of whether you want to or not. What the fuck are you waiting for? 2 months ago
“Don’t fall in love with a curious one.
They will want to know who you are, where you come from, what your family was like. They will look through your photographs and read all of your poems. They will come over for dinner and speak to your mother about how their curiosity has taught them things of use to her. They will ask you to rant when you’re angry and cry when you’re hurt. They will ask what that raised eyebrow meant. They will want to know your favorite food, your favorite color, you favorite person. They will ask why.
They will buy that camera you liked, pay attention to that band you love in case there’s a show near by, they will get you the sweater you smiled at once. They’ll learn to cook your favorite meals. The curious people don’t settle for your shell, they want the insides.
They want what makes you heavy, what makes you uneasy, what makes you scream for joy, and anger, and heartbreak. Their skin will turn into pages that you learn to pour out your entire being in. Don’t fall in love with the curious one. They won’t let a sigh go unexplained. They will want to know what they did, exactly what they did to make you love them. Year, month, week, day. “What time was it? What did I say? What did I do? How did you feel?”
Don’t fall in love with a curious one because I’ve been there. They will unbutton your shirt and read every scar every mark every curve. They will dissect your every limb, every organ, every thought, every being then walk back home and eat their dinner and never return your calls.
You will never be their lifelong expedition. The heart is a mystery only for so long. There is no ache like loving a curious one who chases every falling star and never catching one. Who comes and sees and conquers and leaves.
I’ve fallen in love with a curious one. Maybe one day he will take the train back home and be curious enough to read one last message from me carved on a seat.
“There’s a curiosity in you that will move mountains some day as effortlessly as you’ve moved me for years.” 2 months ago
Never forget what you are, for surely the world will not. Make it your strength. Then it can never be your weakness. Armour yourself in it, and it will never be used to hurt you. 2 months ago
“Refuse to remain stagnant. Stop accepting the status quo. Do not let society dictate how you feel or live or love. Not one more day of allowing your past or your family or your community to choose your life for you. Reject the idea that you must settle for ‘breathing just a little, and calling it a life’.” ~ Let yourself be moved, dammit!
2 months ago
She had become accustomed to being lonely. She was used to walking alone and to being considered ‘different.’ She did not suffer too much. 4 months ago
Here are ten life changing tips inspired by quotes from the great Sufi poet, Rumi:
1. Challenge Fear
“Run from what’s comfortable. Forget safety. Live where you fear to live. Destroy your reputation. Be notorious.”
2. Be Bold
“Do not be satisfied with the stories that come before you. Unfold your own myth.”
3. Have Gratitude
“Wear gratitude like a cloak and it will feed every corner of your life.”
4. Take Action
“Why should I stay at the bottom of a well, when a strong rope is in my hand?”
5. Have Faith
“As you start to walk out on the way, the way appears.”
6. Embrace Setbacks
“If you are irritated by every rub, how will you be polished?”
7. Look Inside
“Your task is not to seek for love, but merely to seek and find all the barriers within yourself that you have built against it.”
8. Learn From Suffering
“The wound is the place where the Light enters you.”
9. Don’t Be Concerned With What Others Think Of You
“I want to sing like the birds sing, not worrying about who hears or what they think.”
10. Do What You Love
“Let yourself be drawn by the stronger pull of that which you truly love.” 4 months ago
From The Secret Daily Teachings
Every religion on the planet has told us to have FAITH.
Faith is when you cannot see how, but you absolutely know that the moment you have the dream it is given to you, and all you have to do is relax and allow the Universe to magnetize you to your dream and your dream to you. 4 months ago
“Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.”
- Muhammad Ali 4 months ago
1. All successful relationships require some work. – They don’t just happen, or maintain themselves. They exist and thrive when the parties involved take the risk of sharing what it is that’s going on in their minds and hearts. Open communication and honesty is the key.
2. Most of the time you get what you put in. – If you want love, give love. If you want friends, be friendly. If you’d like to feel understood, try being more understanding. It’s a simple practice that works.
3. You shouldn’t have to fight for a spot in someone’s life. – Never force someone to make a space in their life for you, because if they know your worth, they will create one for you.
4. There is a purpose for everyone you meet. – Some people will test you, some will use you, and some will teach you; but most importantly some will bring out the best in you. Learn to see and accept the differences between these people, and carry on accordingly.
5. We all change, and that’s okay. – Our needs change with time. When someone says, “You’ve changed,” it’s not always a bad thing. Sometimes it just means you stopped living your life their way. Don’t apologize for it. Instead, be open and sincere, explain how you feel, and keep doing what you know in your heart is right.
6. You are in full control of your own happiness. – If your relationship with yourself isn’t working, don’t expect your other relationships to be any different. Nobody else in this world can make you happy. It’s something you have to do on your own. And you have to create your own happiness first before you can share it with someone else.
7. Forgiving others helps YOU. – Forgiveness is not saying, “What you did to me is okay.” It is saying, “I’m not going to let what you did to me ruin my happiness forever.” Forgiveness is the answer. It doesn’t mean you’re erasing the past, or forgetting what happened. It means you’re letting go of the resentment and pain, and instead choosing to learn from the incident and move on with your life.
8. You can’t change people; they can only change themselves. – Instead of trying to change others, give them your support and lead by example. If there’s a specific behavior someone you love has that you’re hoping disappears over time, it probably won’t. If you really need them to change something, be honest and put all the cards on the table so this person knows what you need them to do.
9. Heated arguments are a waste of time. – The less time you spend arguing with the people who hurt you, the more time you’ll have to love the people who love you. And if you happen to find yourself arguing with someone you love, don’t let your anger get the best of you. Give yourself some time to calm down and then gently discuss the situation. 5 months ago
Detachment is not that you should own nothing, but that nothing should own you. 5 months ago
1. They have a sense of anticipation and excitement.
2. They are courageous and willing to take risks.
3. They are tenacious, determined, and fight to overcome obstacles and difficulties.
4. They look for the positives, and hang on to hope.
5. They are single-minded and committed.
6. They are growth – and progress – oriented.
7. They’re selective (They choose one or two things to focus on, rather than dabbling in lots of different things.)
8. They prioritise what’s important over what’s less important.
9. They’re proactive and self-motivated.
10. They’re accepting (They understand that growth is a process, and we’ll have to deal with setbacks and mistakes.)
11. They’re realistic and flexible.
12. They have fun. 5 months ago
One of the saddest realities is most people never know when their lives have reached the summit. Only after it is over and we have some kind of perspective do we realize how good we had it a day, a month, five years ago. The walk together in the December snow, the phone call that changed everything, that lovely evening in the bar by the Aegean. Back then you thought “this is so nice.” Only later did you realize it was the rarest bliss. 5 months ago
Find life experiences and swallow them whole. Travel. Meet many people. Go down some dead ends and explore dark alleys. Try everything. Exhaust yourself in the glorious pursuit of life. 5 months ago
Nobody wants to experience denial and the only guaranteed way to avoid it is not putting yourself out there at all. We think, the universe can’t push us off the mountain if we don’t climb it in the first place. But to that same token we have no shot at seeing and experiencing the top of the mountain living so guardedly. by Christopher Hudspeth 5 months ago
When your parents tell you that they don’t understand you, loosen your fists. When the boy two rows over and four chairs back whispers something to the girl beside him, relax your jaw. When you find yourself packing up some clothes, a toothbrush and a pen, stretch your legs. When the girl in the library nursing a coffee with two sugars no cream makes eyes at you, calm your heart. Take it for a walk. Remind yourself that people will always be a boundary, a constant, a something you have to deal with, and it’s not learning how to fight through them. It’s learning to step around and past them. I’ve been meaning to tell you, to write you, to sing to you, to bring you the moon on a silver platter with no fork, no knife, no spoon. Dig in. Eat with your hands. Let her dust powder your chin. The caterpillar says, Today I will eat. I will eat until I am full. The butterfly that emerges from the cocoon retains nothing from their previous life as a leaf-eater, except that his favorite color is green. 5 months ago
At the end of the day, when it comes down to it, all we really want, is to be close to somebody. So this thing where we all keep our distance and pretend not to care about each other… it’s usually a load of bull. So we pick and choose who we want to remain close to. And once we’ve chosen those people… we tend to stick close by… no matter how much we hurt them. The people that are still with you at the end of the day, those are the ones worth keeping. And sure, sometimes close can be too close. But, sometimes that invasion of personal space… it can be exactly what you need. 6 months ago
We still hadn’t learned, though, that growing up is all about getting hurt. And then getting over it. You hurt. You recover. You move on. Odds are pretty good you’re just going to get hurt again. But each time, you learn something. Each time, you come out of it a little stronger, and at some point you realize that there are more flavors of pain than coffee. There’s the little empty pain of leaving something behind – graduating, taking the next step forward, walking out of something familiar and safe into the unknown. There’s the big, whirling pain of life upending all of your plans and expectations. There’s the sharp little pains of failure, and the more obscure aches of successes that didn’t give you what you thought they would. There are the vicious, stabbing pains of hopes being torn up. The sweet little pains of finding others, giving them your love, and taking joy in their life they grow and learn. There’s the steady pain of empathy that you shrug off so you can stand beside a wounded friend and help them bear their burdens. Pain is a part of life. Sometimes it’s a big part, and sometimes it isn’t, but either way, it’s a part of the big puzzle, the deep music, the great game. 6 months ago
Be brave enough to live creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. You cannot get there by bus, only by hard work, risking and by not quite knowing what you are doing. What you will discover will be wonderful; yourself. 6 months ago
“Try to imagine a life without timekeeping. You probably can’t. You know the month, the year, the day of the week. There is a clock on your wall or the dashboard of your car. You have a schedule, a calendar, a time for dinner or a movie. Yet all around you, timekeeping is ignored. Birds are not late. A dog does not check its watch. Deer do not fret over passing birthdays. Man alone measures time. Man alone chimes the hour. And, because of this, man alone suffers a paralyzing fear that no other creature endues. A fear of time running out.”
▼ 6 months ago
“We have this idea that love is supposed to last forever. But love isn’t like that. It’s a free-flowing energy that comes and goes when it pleases. Sometimes, it stays for life; other times it stays for a second, a day, a month or a year. So don’t fear love when it comes simply because it makes you vulnerable. But don’t be surprised when it leaves either. Just be glad you had the opportunity to experience it.”
▼ 6 months ago