21. Waiting for things (my birthday, Christmas, vacation)
I’d often build something to count the days, like a tower made of lego pieces, and each day I’d take one lego away. So exciting! Vorfreude is what this is called in German (pleasant anticipation). 8 months ago
But dang, I came up with a lot of amazing memories! I think I’ll hold onto those. 15 months ago
35. Playing with the helicopter leaves of our tree.
36. Sitting under the weeping willow.
37. The smell of bay leaves.
38. The bird that sounded like it said everybody’s name.
39. Playing D&D.
40. Walking a boy home to keep him from getting beat up.
41. Winning the lead in a play (originally written as a male character) as a 5th grade girl over a 6th grade boy.
42. Doing a recitation to the entire camp.
43. Doing a ridiculous French accent in a camp skit. 15 months ago
33. Standing up for a girl from Idaho who was getting beat up. 15 months ago
30. My mom standing up for me to a principal.
31. My mom retrieving my stolen stuffed animal. 15 months ago
27. Playing with a dog I called Fido.
28. Seeing a horse I called Wonder (mostly after the bread). 15 months ago
25. Living near Mystic. 15 months ago
15. Dancing around pretending to be Cher.
16. Reading my serialized story to my Girl Scout troop every night at camp.
17. Making noodles from scratch.
18. Being swung between my parents while they walked.
19. Buying a house full of Wishniks at a garage sale.
20. Winning a fish bowl.
21. Beating everyone at checkers.
22. Making papier-mâché.
23. Always waiting for cats to leave me instead of the other way around. 15 months ago