I have made chicken wings before, but I tried a new recipe from How to Cook Everything by Mark Bittman. They were… ok. This recipe had a sauce you spread on the wings before cooking. I have another recipe, also from Mark Bittman, that requires the wings be marinated for a few hours first and that is FANTASTIC. So I was a bit disappointed.
I saw this recipe for Amish Friendship bread and think I am going to try to make that next, particularly if my business trip next week is cancelled! http://baconinmypocket.blogspot.ca/2011/01/what-is-growing-on-your-counter.html 5 months ago
I only have 10 left! Woohoo! I’m hoping to cook some more soon! 6 months ago
23. Mozzerella sticks. Easy. Yummy…well I think I didn’t get any they were gone by the time i looked up. So, they must have been tasty.
24. Parmesan tomatoes, sort of like tomatoes au gratin, but easier and gluten free.
25. carmel apple bites. didn’t work out well. Will not do this again.
26. crab rangoon crescents. they were easy and I actually got to try one…delishious.
27. pizza zucchini bites. sooooo easy and sooo good. probably because of:
28. pizza sauce. I make the best homemade pizza sauce.
29. Butter and Brown sugar bacon wrapped smokies. Yeah, all of the ingredients are in the name. They were yummy and disappeared quickly.
30. Mini loaded baked potatoes. It was easy and they were good.
31. Homemade chicken salad. I make good chicken salad.
32. Tea sandwhiches with cucumbers and cream cheese. Everything is better with cream cheese.
33. poolside dip. Meh. Wouldn’t make it again.
Yeah. most of these are easy, but just because they’re easy doesn’t mean they weren’t new. that said, i probably should have made at least ONE standby for a party, but no…all new. :). 7 months ago
From Mark Bittman’s How to Cook Everything. Not sure if I had the wrong attachment in the food processor but it wasn’t nice at all… at ALL! 7 months ago
This is a type of flatbread filled with mashed potato stuffing. I used regular and purple potatoes making the filling pink. I LOVED these when I was visiting India. But I never had “pink” parathas. Hmmm….
I also used too many potatoes so the flavouring wasn’t very strong – I should have used less potatoes or more spices.
BUT – it was still really good! 13 months ago
Taco Tater Tot Casserole. It was delicious. My husband took seconds and was excited to bring it to work. I guess it will be a regular from now on. 15 months ago
made chili the other night. a new chili. pretty simple, but different than I’ve made before. My husband really liked it, I felt like it was missing something but my taste buds have been off lately…all I want is chicken and sandwhiches…so who knows. 16 months ago
20. Nachos. Hard? No. Delicious? Yes. The key is in the layering… so every chip has something delicious on it, even at the bottom of the pile. 18 months ago
17. Artichoke bread. It went over with rave reviews, but I threw half of my piece out because it was too rich for me.
18. Penne with Vodka Sauce. It was fantastic, extremely easy and I made it was bacon instead of pancetta so it was CHEAP!
19. Spaghetti with Meatballs. I make better spaghetti and meatballs than my husband’s mom. He told me so. Probably because everything in mine is homemade… but who knows. Maybe Ragu is good to some people. 21 months ago