I love playing spelling games like scrabble
i haven’t done drugs in years and have no intention of doing them again 5 days ago
Shop for Fun is an online fashion game where you build a dream wardrobe and create outfits to win Amazon gift certificates.
www.ask.com/Things+About+Myself Search for Things About Myself. Look Up Quick Results now!
I love playing spelling games like scrabble
i haven’t done drugs in years and have no intention of doing them again 5 days ago
1. i like the fact that i face up to what needs to be done even when its tough and not necessarily what i want to do. im strong
2. i like the fact that i will talk to anyone …i am accepting and tollerant
3. i like the fact that i try hard and i try my best… i am tenacious and willing.
4. i am not afraid to be open with people , i can be vulnerable , and truthful
5. i like that i am nostalgic i have a sense of my biography my history and never forget where i came from…i am at the mercy of the bittersweet and no longer afraid of regrets ive learned to embrace them as part of what makes me who i am.
6.i like that i can sleep peacefully , meditate, or spend time alone , i feel at ease with myself.
to be continued… 2 weeks ago
11. I have volunteered time and money to different causes.
12. I’m fairly polite
13. I can speak up more for myself than few years ago
14. I’m happy walking I can zone most other things then 2 weeks ago
When I’m not depressed or sick i do try my best
I’m trying to be more outgoing. 2 weeks ago
5. I can entertain myself
6. I could go on a show for trivia. I know lots of useless facts.
7. I’m like to try new things. 3 weeks ago
I have a good sense of humor . i have made people laugh without insulting others.
I ‘m smart. not neccessarily the smartest but i can probably beat most people in math. In this game I play I always get all the math questions right.
I do care about people, I;m not going to anymore about someone who could take or leave me but like said before if you are a former friend and we just stopped hanging out and are on good terms I would still care about you. 4 weeks ago
I can’t say that I’m thrilled with my body overall- I’ve been overweight since I was a kid and at this point I probably need to lose 60 pounds or so.
But with all of the the hiking, biking, etc. that I like to do my legs are in pretty good shape. Which is one reason I’ve completed this goal- I may as well show off my best attribute when I can! ;)
The attached photo is one I posted here a long time ago, during my first year on 43T (it was taken 07-02-06). I don’t remember exactly what prompted it but it was some discussion about fishnet stockings :D3 months ago
funny, sweet, a grandma, mother of boys, love reading, more organized than i used to be, decent weight,loving my natural hair, 5 months ago
How I did it: I tried to think of what i was happiest with about myself and updated the list as and when i came up with anything. It became pretty tough after about 10-12 points , but i decided to definitely stick to it since it seemed like an easy enough goal.
24. I like that I am very flexible and adaptable
25. I like that I am generally a good person
26. I like that I am a voracious reader
27. I like that I am curious
28. I like that I am always trying to learn and acquire knowledge
29. I like that I am constantly trying to improve myself
30. I like my calves
31. I like my makeup skills (although, I could still be better)
32. I like that I am not high maintenance
33. I like my cooking
34. I like that I can stick to routine
35. I like that I am amiable
36. I like how I sometimes sing along to my favourite songs at home (earlier it used to be in public too ) and how it makes me feel
37. I like how I am have a dreams and ambition but I am also very much a realist
38. I like how I value experiences more than materialistic things
39. I like how I think often about the world, universe and meaning of life, time, etc.
40. I like how I make a mental list of how I would want to raise my (hypothetical) kids when I am a mother, and how lucky i am for my parents
41. I like how I always believe the universe will help you only if you decide to help yourself
42. I like how I don’t bitch about people but I enjoy a little gossip
43. I like how throughout this exercise I have learnt there is alot about myself I cherish and love and it makes me want to improve my weaknesses too (for eg. lazy, not sticking to exercise routines as much as i should, not socialising as much as i should) 5 months ago
I’ve been feeling pretty sorry for myself lately, and I thought listing things I like about myself will be a good way to improve my mood and my self esteem:
1. I like that I am loyal
2. I like that I am very family oriented. My main motivation in life is to be able help my family, and I feel so lucky that despite everything, I am in a position to contribute in some way.
3. I like my dimple
4. I like being left handed, makes me feel a little special.
5. I like my height
6. I like that I have been keeping my healthy goal promise to myself this year
7. I like my non-judgmental nature
8. I like being a liberal, modern yet traditional woman
9. I like my sense of humour
10. I like having achieved my educational goals
11. I like helping out with the chores at night to help my family
12. I like being a laidback person, who still meets goals
13. I like my ability to organise
14. I think I am pretty in some angles, and maybe after losing the excess weight I might even look beautiful
15. I like my ‘accent’
16. I like that I am a traveller at heart
17. I like that I am good at directions
18. I like that I can assimilate information quickly
19. I like that I can read fairly quickly
20. I like that I can spot fake people/bullshitters immediately
21. I like that I am introspective and can usually spot my shortcomings myself
22. I like that I don’t get disheartened by my faults, and that it makes me want to improve myself
23. I like that I care so much 6 months ago
1. I’m good with people and can talk to most people about most things on a 1:1 basis. I’m a good listener and people seem to open up to me and ask me for advice. I am empathetic and good at reading people. I can see the good in most people.
2. I can’t easily be put into a single category. I tend to surprise people with my wide variety of interests and hobbies.
3. I have good morals (but then are everyone’s morals good in their own opinion?!)
4. I am academically intelligent and well educated.
5. I’m a fast learner.
6. I’m good with computers and technology.
7. I’m a good cook and know a lot of great recipes.
8. I’m kind to animals and all creepy crawlies.
9. I’m in good health.
10. I am polite and well-mannered.
11. I have a good sense of humour and can be witty.
12. I like everything about my body and face. I’m slim (or skinny even), I have good skin and think I look pretty enough. I have long fingers and elegant hands. I have a warm smile and nice teeth.
13. I am trustworthy and honest.
14. I’m open minded and an independent thinker. Culture rarely influences me.
15. I’m a good map-reader and calm when lost!
16. I have a great sense of rhythm.
17. If I hold an opinion firmly I have taken the time to think it through and do the research.
18. I have a sense of adventure and a spontaneous streak. I love travelling and experiencing new people, places and cultures. I have travelled alone to far-flung places and proved myself capable, confident and at ease in a huge variety of situations.
19. I always achieve what I set out to achieve.
20. I can usually see an argument, problem or situation from all points of view.
21. I am creative, especially with photography, dancing, knitting and decorating my house.
22. I am a good dancer. I follow well and pick steps up very quickly.
23. I am good at planning holidays and day trips.
24. I have an entrepreneurial spirit. I have loads of good ideas and have a good head for business.
25. There’s not a single other person who I’d like to swap places with.
26. Not much shocks me. Seriously.
27. I never swear.
28. I rarely drink alcohol and have never been drunk. I think this shows that I don’t blindly follow the majority. I think for myself.
29. I demand the best service at all times.
30. I have nice handwriting.
31. I have had loads of fantastic experiences in my life to date and couldn’t have wished for a better upbringing or better parents.
32. I am a life-long learner with an interest in a wide variety of subjects and topics and have a thirst for knowledge. I also like learning completely new things and enjoy a challenge. For example, I taught myself to knit in 2010 in order to knit Christmas presents for my family.
33. I am family orientated. I have a fantastic family who mean the world to me. I’m very happy that they are such a big part of my life.
34. I am organised and reliable.
35. I have an analytical and logical mind.
36. People have said that I have a lovely singing voice.
37. My name!
38. I’m humble.
39. I’m not at all racist.
40. I don’t have to wear make-up to boost my confidence. In fact, I rarely wear make-up.
41. I have faith in myself and believe I am capable of anything I set my mind to.
42. I can feel that I “belong” in a wide variety of settings. I am equally at home in wellies in a muddy field with my dog as at a gala ball.
43. I like the way I have created my life exactly how I want it. 9 months ago
This is a term that popular sex columnist Dan Savage invented for what he thought we should strive to be as a sex partner- Good, Giving, and Game. An older, more general term was GIB- Good In Bed. Now, I’m not claiming to be a porn star. I’m pretty sure that I don’t have the biggest dick in the county and I know that I don’t have the stamina that I did when I was in my 20’s (not that I was in for many weekend-long sex sessions even then). The little blue pill has been a friend of mine for several years. What I do mean is that I’m a better-than-average partner for sex.
I’m good- At my age, and having been in physical relationships for most of my life since the age of 19, I have a bit of experience. I might be a bit rusty after the last 7 months (is it playing for sympathy to mention that, despite a few years in my second marriage when sex was pretty infrequent, this may be the longest dry spell of my adult life? ;) ) but I’m pretty sure that I can get back on the bike and still ride :P One of my best qualities as a sexual partner is that I’m very patient. I enjoy teaching new things to my partners and also giving a new twist to things that they’ve experienced before but maybe weren’t able to fully appreciate because of the circumstances at the time. But I’ve never pushed someone into doing anything that they didn’t want to do, and I’m very willing to take weeks, months, or occasionally even years to take things one small step at a time. I also think that I’m very perceptive in bed and that I’m very good at picking up on my partner’s non-verbal cues for what they want and need (#1 above, empathy, probably contributes a lot to this). And I’m always willing to take suggestions for improvements or just changes without being defensive about it.
I’m giving- I’m definitely not self-centered when it comes to sex. Giving pleasure to my partner gives me pleasure. I don’t mean that every sexual encounter needs to be weighed out to ensure there’s a 50/50 ratio between partners. But it’s important to me that my partner feels sexually satisfied. I’m not one to roll over after I get off and just fall asleep, leaving an unsatisfied and frustrated partner to fend for herself.
I’m game- I haven’t done everything, but over the years I have done a hell of a lot, and there’s very little that I’m unwilling to experiment with. I don’t think that any of my long-term sex partners would say that there was anything they wanted to experience that I was unwilling to at least try. Of course I have some preferences, but I’m definitely game for just about anything my partner wants to do.
Overall, sex is very important to me in a relationship and I think that’s conveyed in my attitudes and actions. Since this goal isn’t the place to be modest, I’d go so far as to say that if I was as effective at conveying how good I am as a sexual partner, I wouldn’t be spending many nights alone. For the right person (enthusiasm and open-mindedness are two of the attributes that I most appreciate) I’m fairly certain that they won’t regret the experience. 9 months ago
I’m not claiming to be genius-level or anything, but I feel that I have above-average intelligence. I always did relatively well in school, although I didn’t have the ambition to really push myself. After high school I didn’t feel like I wanted to go straight into full-time college. I took a few classes, one or two at a time, but I never would have finished my degree that way. The big impetus for returning to school came when I first moved to Colorado and spent a year packing seafood for a distributor. Yes, that’s putting slabs of fish into tubs to send out to grocery stores and restaurants. I could feel my brain turning to pickled herring ;) I literally ached for intellectual stimulation. A year of that was more than enough to convince me to return to school fulltime, at the age of 25. I struggled with a few subjects (especially Chemistry, Physics, and the first semester of Calculus) but overall I really shone in college. Not only did I make the Dean’s list several semesters, completed my degree with a 3.9 GPA in the classes for my major, was elected to Phi Beta Kappa, and ended up graduating with distinction, but college made me realize that other people, intelligent people, were interested in what I said and thought. That give me the intellectual stimulation I was craving but even more importantly it helped me to make enormous advances in overcoming the extreme shyness I struggled with throughout my junior high- and high-school years.
When I joined 43 Things over 6 years ago one of the things that I was really struck by was the high level of intelligence that the community has. There have been and still are people on here that can blow me out of the water with their intellect. That is sometimes a little intimidating but for the most part it offers a very welcome chance to be able to have an intelligent conversation. 9 months ago
Not sympathetic, although I tend to exhibit that too.
I liked the distinction that I found on a blog here.
Sympathy: the tendency to help others in order to prevent or alleviate their suffering.
Empathy: the ability to understand, perceive and feel another person’s feelings.
I see sympathetic as feeling for someone, versus empathetic which is feeling as someone.
It’s common for me to be able to really relate to how other people feel. It’s usually more pronounced with people I care about but it happens even with people I don’t know. A news story about a tragedy can be very difficult for me to handle because I relate so strongly to what the people involved are feeling. I don’t watch the news very often :P
This is usually a trait that I appreciate in myself, although it can be difficult to deal with sometimes. I’ve had a couple people in my life that I was so in tune with that I had to try to limit my empathy- I felt that my feelings and emotions were almost linked to theirs. That’s a little too empathetic to be healthy, I think :P
If I ever respond to a post of yours and you think to yourself- “That’s it, he knows exactly how I feel”- that’s my empathy at work ;)10 months ago
I’m still kinda riding an emotional rollercoaster, but at least the track seems to have leveled out somewhat.
I’m going to try this again. 10 months ago
but I’m putting this on the back burner. I was wrong (what a surprise), now is not a good time for this :(10 months ago
when I was in the midst of a fairly heavy period of depression, I started a tally of items that I was going to post here under the goal “List 43 things that I hate about myself.” Thankfully I decided that that wasn’t going to improve the depression and never finished it ;)
Things feel very unsettled in my life right now. I think I’ll try this goal instead. 10 months ago
I need a pick me up so here goes…
1. I’m tall :)
2. I’m good with words.
3. I can hold intelligent conversations.
4. I am good at meeting new people.
5. I am good at my job.
6. I’m no computer genius but I can hold my own.
7. I can sleep like a log. Only really started appreciating this when I met more and more people who struggle sleeping.
8. I’m spontaneous.
9. I’m direct.
10. I have the ability to gather good friends. 11 months ago