- Eat well: avoid sugar; eat organic, fresh, non-processed, and local whenever possible. Drink tea and water, and occasional beer/wine.
- Housework – stay on top of laundry, dishes, cooking, recycling
- Minor yardwork – do at least one thing in the yard every day. Small things count – water the container plants, do a spot of weeding, etc.
- Bicycling or walking
- Transportationally: any errand that is 2 miles or less, walk; 2 – 10 miles, bicycle. Exceptions are for heavy/bulky loads
- Recreationally: Month number x 10+ miles every weekend on the tandem, ie, 40-50 miles rides, in April; 50 – 60 mile rides in May, etc. One mid-week similar length ride on the single. One hike in the woods weekly.
Weekly or Semi-Weekly
- Grocery shopping, semi-weekly OK, so I can walk it
- Mow the lawn – weekly
- Cleaning floors – weekly
- Cleaning bathrooms – weekly
- Emptying the garbage – semi-weekly
- Emptying kitchen waste into the compost bin – semi-weekly
- Have fun – find at least one purely fun activity (going out to dinner, to the movies, to a lecture, to a concert) and do it.
Major tasks, that take one or more days to complete, should be listed under Spring/Summer 2014 goal list on 43things, in priority order, and marked as completed as completed. 3 days ago
I am feeling completely overwhelmed with all that I need to do. And the pilgrimage made me realize how much time I waste.
So: Get organized. I won’t start this today, as I am still mega-jet lagged. But soon. Soon. Soon. 1 week ago
10pm – ? : car cleaned, clothes put away, bathroom, fridge, room and paper 3 weeks ago
Thanks to Kristi, it is all categorized and easy to find grouped items now. 1 month ago
I have two critical paperwork I need to catch up on:
- Get all the paperwork sorted out for the new buy-to-let property I purchased recently. I have got someone else doing the ground level work for me. But I still need to go through the paperwork myself and ensure everything is OK.
- I have some pending insurance claims that I need to make and get it all sorted. 1 month ago
I have already completed this last week, but did not log it on 43T.
Usually I drop my bank statements into a drawer. So all I had to do was move them into my bank statements folder – easy peasy! 2 months ago
I’ve tried doing this before several times – buying planners, making lists, setting goals… But if there’s one thing that experience has taught me, it’s that I can’t do things if my motivation isn’t there. If I know said goal isn’t specific and not even what I want to do, I won’t be doing it.
That’s why, this time, I’ll be doing some real mental processing before I set any goals. Everything I do has to be of some value for me, or it won’t happen. I can’t just list 1,000 items on a to-do list when I care about none. I guess that’s my first step towards getting organized – finding out what I actually want to organize. :) I can only hope it’ll work this time… 2 months ago
Today is another Snow Day! During Xmas vacation I started the 100 things challenge and I’ve only gotten to thing 35. I’d like to work on getting better organized today, so I don’t waste my entire day. I have to look around and find some more things to get rid of. What do I want to part with? Are there any book that I don’t want anymore? Can I go through my taxes? I just need to go room by room and get rid of clutter. Bob has been bringing in some little odds and ends recently to make this house his own too. So I want to balance out our stuff by getting rid of some of the little junk that doesn’t really mean anything to me. Does it count if I just put it away rather than throw it away? Or do I have to donate or throw it into the garbage? Would it count if I stored it in the basement? Technically, I’m still keeping it…so I think I can’t count it as part of the 100 things, because it isn’t gone. I think if I take it to school I will count it, because it is out of the house – as long as it doesn’t come back. 2 months ago
Look at it looking all empty after I put in only what I need or is edible. Guess I can go on “liquid” diet tonight! ;-) 2 months ago
I purged my fridge… and you won’t believe the amount of stuff I had hoarded in there. 2 months ago
I am really late in setting the mission for this week. But this week’s mission is to purge the fridge (and freezer). 2 months ago
And one trash bag is ready…
I decided to change this task slightly so I could get two trash bag worth of stuff to throw away. Bag #2 on its way!2 months ago