Okay, for whatever reason, today was better. R = 5, I = 6. 30 minutes. When I kept the SPM at 130, my HR was about 130. When I took it up to 140, my HR was about 150.
I wonder if it makes a difference that I started out a bit slower rather than trying to go at 140 SPM right from the start.
Anyway, it worked out to 297 calories. 4 years ago
I’m having trouble this week and not sure why. Twice now I’ve done workouts at Resistance 5 and Incline 6 and find my heartrate is going really high, even when I take my SPM down to 130. This has got to improve. 4 years ago
- I wanted something more specific than “exercise more”.
- I know the elliptical crosstrainer (actually it’s just an elliptical, I don’t know why I still call it an EC) does not calculate calories properly, but given all the same data it will calculate consistently with itself. I enter my weight and age the same – 125 lbs, 31 years and let it do the work.
- I could probably easily burn 350 calories tomorrow just by going all out, but my goal is to maintain my target heartrate of 150 the whole time.
- Yesterday, I worked out for 30 minutes on Manual, Resistance 5 and Incline 6, heartrate 144-150 (I measure at 9 minutes, 19 minutes and 29 minutes) and burned 303 calories. (before that I had the same settings except R = 4 and burned 285).
- I should be able to do 3 cardio workouts a week and hopefully increase the resistance once a week. 4 years ago